First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply If you say you don't see color, you're racist apparently
Posted 12/6/16
Yare yare daze
You guys have too much free time
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/16
Glorified social justice warriors use racism as a scare tactic. Regressive liberals will berate and accuse anyone for not agreeing with their distorted ideology. It's always: "You're sexist if you didn't vote for Clinton," or "You're racist for not supporting BLM." It's all so ridiculous in my opinion.
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16
I don't care what people call me if they're illogical idiots.
1528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 12/6/16


You can notice someone's race and still not make it an issue just as easily as you can do the opposite you know what i mean?

There's a difference between noticing someone's race and identifying someone as their race....if that makes sense
200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / America.
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


Wrong. Ignoring someone's race and treating them like a human is very different from saying their history and current struggles mean nothing to you.

Also, because I'm curious, I'd like you to name ONE current struggle that any race in the western world currently has, as history is irrelevant. (Yes, black people used to be slaves, and Japanese Americans were literally imprisoned during world war II, but they aren't anymore, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. We don't need to treat you better because of your ethnicity. By that logic, you should treat me better than someone of English descent because I'm of French descent and French citizens went through a lot during the French Revolution.)
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


What, he's biased towards rational thinking? Every race has been through slavery and discrimination. Does that mean that every race should play the race card to milk the state for free shit? I don't see jews complaining to Germany to get free shit, or the Japanese complaining to America (internment camps) to get free shit. And considering blacks (obviously he was implying blacks with the whole slavery 300 years ago thing) can get into college easier and get jobs easier than non blacks, plus the fact that you had a black president for 8 years, black attorney general, black general of the army, and multiple black celebrity millionaires, oprah I think being a billionaire (and I'm pretty sure jay z as well) goes to show he's not being biased, just reasonable.


ugh just stop pick up a book good lord


Coming from you, that's hilarious.

Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/7/16
I see color when I watch anime and see black and white when I read manga
17710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 12/6/16
The post-racial phenomenon, aka colorblindness

because people will say out of the same mouth that there is no race issues then proceed to talk about issues they have with other races.
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16
what
1280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16
I do not know much about the 'racist' label in particular but I did witness some ambiguous negative labels being used to stigmatize people; it is used by the right-wing hackers under their hacked accounts on Facebook and Google+. When they can no longer use reasoning to argue against a person, those right-wing politicians will resort to ambiguous negative labels. The ambiguity in the labels allow them to dismiss and stigmatize something without specifying the reason for the criticism. The hackers use different accounts is used for different labels: ‘Communist’ and ‘lazy’ is used under their own accounts; ‘Stalinist’ on hacked Marxist accounts, ‘Capitalist’ on hacked Communist accounts, ‘racist’ on hacked black activist accounts, ‘sexist’ on hacked feminist accounts, ‘homophobic’ on LGBTQ accounts, and ‘political’ on hacked non-politician accounts.
The hackers, by themselves, do not have the authority nor the credibility to decide how such labels should be applied. They cannot provide any reasoning to use those labels. They overcome this barrier with hacked accounts where they gain the authority, credibility, and consensus to override reasoning and decide how such labels should be used.
I have some picture as proof:
35657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

Ununoctium wrote:
Regressive liberals


You know that's an oxymoron, right? ......right?
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

runec wrote:


Ununoctium wrote:
Regressive liberals


You know that's an oxymoron, right? ......right?


It's meant to be an oxymoron.
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

Dogempire wrote:


runec wrote:


Ununoctium wrote:
Regressive liberals


You know that's an oxymoron, right? ......right?


It's meant to be an oxymoron.

You're absolutely correct. I like saying "regressive liberals," because it's the cool thing to say. Right? Either way, the liberals of today make me cringe and they've only managed to further discredit themselves. Again, they love to think of themselves as social justice warriors...I guess they don't realize just how obnoxious they really are.
35657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

Dogempire wrote:
It's meant to be an oxymoron.


Are you sure? I can't tell with this forum anymore.
54899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/16
That person may be color blind or seeing different color than we do :p.

Anyway that remind me of this guy that was chasing the man down the ally, he asked me what he look like (I think he was neighborhood watch). I told him what he had on and where he went, he said thanks and within 15 min later..He came back and ask me why I didn't tell him the guy was black. I told him that racist! Have you ever hear anyone asking if that guy was white? I noticed people only ask if they're black, its never white, mexican or asian.. :p

If you're wondering how he reacted.. nothing.. He just stood there for few min than walk away lol.

Of course I shouldn't act silly on that day! -_-;

Anyway, I'm white.. Just in case you're wondering :p
3134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/7/16

Dogempire wrote:

The fact that someone's family used to be enslaved 300 years ago means nothing. They never lived through that slavery themself.



KennethKenstar wrote:

First of all, let me help you out with your history.

Slavery didn't end 300 years ago. It ended just over 150 years ago. 151 to be exact.

Then there was segregation. Which ended only 50 years ago.


Well I mean slavery, human trafficking, and segregation are still things that happen in the world, but who's counting, right?

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.