First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply If you say you don't see color, you're racist apparently
1415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/7/16

TRKitsune wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

The fact that someone's family used to be enslaved 300 years ago means nothing. They never lived through that slavery themself.



KennethKenstar wrote:

First of all, let me help you out with your history.

Slavery didn't end 300 years ago. It ended just over 150 years ago. 151 to be exact.

Then there was segregation. Which ended only 50 years ago.


Well I mean slavery, human trafficking, and segregation are still things that happen in the world, but who's counting, right?



Actually, nobody's counting. Because the things you're talking about are irrelevant in the context of a debate about America and its past wrongs, especially as they pertain to government sanctioned, race-based slavery.
Posted 12/7/16

foraslan wrote:



Actually, nobody's counting. Because the things you're talking about are irrelevant in the context of a debate about America and its past wrongs, especially as they pertain to government sanctioned, race-based slavery.


"Anything trying to displace X people off the victimhood leaderboard is irrelevant."
More black slaves exist now in Africa than in the entirety of the American slave trade. And they're all owned by black Africans.
1415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/7/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


foraslan wrote:



Actually, nobody's counting. Because the things you're talking about are irrelevant in the context of a debate about America and its past wrongs, especially as they pertain to government sanctioned, race-based slavery.


"Anything trying to displace X people off the victimhood leaderboard is irrelevant."
More black slaves exist now in Africa than in the entirety of the American slave trade. And they're all owned by black Africans.


I'm trying to decide whether or not you understood what I said, because I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. The first sentence, I mean.

Out of curiosity, I would also like to know where you're getting your information on the current state of slavery in Africa.
Posted 12/7/16

foraslan wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether or not you understood what I said, because I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. The first sentence, I mean.

Out of curiosity, I would also like to know where you're getting your information on the current state of slavery in Africa.


Oh I understood it. Its not an argument.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=modern+slavery+in+africa
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/7/16

octorockandroll wrote:

What was the original video?

Also, Martin Luther King dreamt that one day people would see each other for things other than their race. I guess he was a raging racist.

Edit: Also, I'm literally colourblind. Does that make me racist?


is the original video i believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_AhLF_YpcA



47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 12/7/16
11774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/7/16

dragonlord1234 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

What was the original video?

Also, Martin Luther King dreamt that one day people would see each other for things other than their race. I guess he was a raging racist.

Edit: Also, I'm literally colourblind. Does that make me racist?


is the original video i believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_AhLF_YpcA





Ah, thank you.

So to be fair once you take the statement in context it's a bit less stupid than this thread might have you think. What he means is that saying you "don't see race" is something that makes you sound like you're dodging people who point out racist actions or statements you make. Kind of like when someone says something along the lines of "I'm not racist. See? I have a black friend, so it's not racist for me to say *insert racist remark*" he words it incredibly poorly but at least he's talking about it as a telltale sign and not a confirmation.

Still stupid as fuck, though.
qwueri 
21078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 12/7/16
At face value the phrase "I don't see race" implies 'I'm choosing to not see part of who you are.' Whether that's because the speaker is afraid/disinterested in broaching the topic at all or carries sentiments about certain races they know will be insulting, that's entirely up to the interpretation of whomever hears or sees it.

Don't want someone reading into what you're saying? Don't use a loaded phrase like "I don't see race" and articulate what you mean.
21953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/7/16

Dogempire wrote:

https://youtu.be/kimVgJE_8rE

I don't even...

Did the left just go full circle? I mean I figured the far left would do that eventually but I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.

I guess being racist is now a label, not a mindset. Because even if you're someone who isn't racist by definition, you still are by label now.






Trump pushed them over the edge. They are now in previously unfathomable levels of retard. They broke the floor and dug a hole under what used to be the deepest trench of stupidity that you could go to.

They are racists and I wonder if they are trying to destroy European/American culture.


octorockandroll wrote:

What was the original video?

Also, Martin Luther King dreamt that one day people would see each other for things other than their race. I guess he was a raging racist.

Edit: Also, I'm literally colourblind. Does that make me racist?


You are colorblind privileged. You don't understand what it feels like to be a <insert minority> in <insert country>. You just a white man you don't even understand your privilege! You are racist because you don't understand how your racist against <insert minority>.

Martin Luther would wish the police would beat these SJW's asses. They have literally shat over EVERYTHING he fought for and accomplished.
11774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/7/16

Rujikin wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

What was the original video?

Also, Martin Luther King dreamt that one day people would see each other for things other than their race. I guess he was a raging racist.

Edit: Also, I'm literally colourblind. Does that make me racist?


You are colorblind privileged. You don't understand what it feels like to be a <insert minority> in <insert country>. You just a white man you don't even understand your privilege! You are racist because you don't understand how your racist against <insert minority>.

Martin Luther would wish the police would beat these SJW's asses. They have literally shat over EVERYTHING he fought for and accomplished.


Uh, I know. Martin Luther was staunchly against equal rights.

What does he have to do with this anyways?
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/7/16

octorockandroll wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

What was the original video?

Also, Martin Luther King dreamt that one day people would see each other for things other than their race. I guess he was a raging racist.

Edit: Also, I'm literally colourblind. Does that make me racist?


is the original video i believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_AhLF_YpcA





Ah, thank you.

So to be fair once you take the statement in context it's a bit less stupid than this thread might have you think. What he means is that saying you "don't see race" is something that makes you sound like you're dodging people who point out racist actions or statements you make. Kind of like when someone says something along the lines of "I'm not racist. See? I have a black friend, so it's not racist for me to say *insert racist remark*" he words it incredibly poorly but at least he's talking about it as a telltale sign and not a confirmation.

Still stupid as fuck, though.


your welcome

and yes definitely stupid as fuck as well as what seems to me some hypocrisy. also feel that idea behind what most people are trying to say when saying they don't see color least to me is not purposely treating someone different just because skin color or something which i feel is a good thing to try and do in most cases.
1528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 12/9/16


Well duh, how many freaking African people live in Africa?

Even so the slavery there isn't anywhere near as brutal as it was in America. Blacks were treated like animals in America. Like literally. Traded and bred like livestock. At least the slaves in Africa they're able to have their own housing albeit adobe huts and sheet metal shacks.

Comparing the two doesn't make either one any less of a problem. Tbh I don't even know what people are trying to convey by comparing the two in the first place.

I don't live in Africa so there really isn't much I can do about African slavery aside from refusing to wear jewelry, but I do live in America and I see the effects slavery and oppression has had on people's beliefs about blacks and blacks' beliefs about themselves, and as long as The United States of America is my home I'm going to speak up about it until a better platform to make a change presents itself.
27358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/9/16
They also tell you you're racist if you don't date a certain race. You're also racist if you only date a certain race. So you have to date everyone, apparently, but interracial relationships are destroying culture or something.

I've long since given up on arguing with them.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/9/16

IShouldBeStudying wrote:

Even so the slavery there isn't anywhere near as brutal as it was in America. Blacks were treated like animals in America. Like literally. Traded and bred like livestock. At least the slaves in Africa they're able to have their own housing albeit adobe huts and sheet metal shacks.


Slaves in America had their own separate housing too, it's not like they lived in mud huts.


1886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 12/9/16
I think I am an alien or at least a hybrid because I don't understand a lot of crap that is going on including why people are against global unification its the only way our species is going to survive if there is an external threat to our planet
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.