First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
caesaran births impacting human evolution
21861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38210837

interesting



it has also been said that we are getting dumber too
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16
My oldest sister had a c-section with her newest baby because her head wasn't facing down or something....
21861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16

usuibj wrote:

My oldest sister had a c-section with her newest baby because her head wasn't facing down or something....


I came out feet first and broke my moms pelvis, I refused to come out head first , they kept trying to turn me around lol
I was also almost 2 months early
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16

redokami wrote:


usuibj wrote:

My oldest sister had a c-section with her newest baby because her head wasn't facing down or something....


I came out feet first and broke my moms pelvis, I refused to come out head first , they kept trying to turn me around lol
I was also almost 2 months early


damn, you go girl!
22716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16
Huh. I've read something saying that bypassing the squeezing process can have a negative effect on both the baby and the mom. Apparently that process tells the body to go to the next stage. When it doesn't happen sometimes the moms chemicals get all out of whack.
21039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16
We did research before having our child and I remember something like 1 in 3 births are done by c-section. Most aren't even medically necessary, only to speed up the process and the doctor playing it safe.

BTW my wife gave a natural birth with no drugs. 11 hours of labor. Hardest thing I saw anyone do. Our baby girl was super healthy and we took mom and baby home within hours after the birth. It was awesome to have her at home with family friends so quickly. It was pretty incredible. If she had gotten a c-section she would've stayed in the hospital for days.
11301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16
Fast food is impacting human evolution.
Climate change is impacting human evolution.
Population change is altering human evolution.

Evolution is changed by every aspect of the environment.

Fast food is part of the cause women become fertile at a younger age. This allows for earlier pregnancies.
Climate change could alter the amount of hair on the human body to keep warmer, or the weight, or the diet they eat, altering many other things.
Population can change human evolution to work with lesser food, different air compositions, resistance/lack of to viruses... etc.
runec 
37215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/10/16

redokami wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38210837

interesting

it has also been said that we are getting dumber too


Interesting, but the alternative is everyone involved dies terrible, painful deaths so.....yeah.

I'm not sure how that compares to the idea we are getting dumber too.
26686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / F / Somehere.
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/10/16
I think this article is pure bs
12115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/10/16
No shit.

Everything impacts human evolution. Evolution and natural selection are natural responses to an organism's environment over the course of it's lineage. As a result, the evolution is determined by every facet of the environment that affects the organism. Sadly this does mean that in the future our progression as a species will be in some way affected by memes, but I'm afraid that's reality.
42547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
PATHETIQUE
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/10/16
Good thing I'm not having children!
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Inside Giratina
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/10/16
bs or not humans are changing

I do wish more people were open the idea of evolution, I stated once in my family's house that evolution is a real thing and I was flat out denied, even with all the proof available. since then I was kinda outcasted for a while and have never spoken a word of evolution around my family again.
21861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/10/16

ChickenLady15 wrote:

bs or not humans are changing

I do wish more people were open the idea of evolution, I stated once in my family's house that evolution is a real thing and I was flat out denied, even with all the proof available. since then I was kinda outcasted for a while and have never spoken a word of evolution around my family again.


your pic tho lol
19383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/10/16
If Mom had a caesarean, we can sue?
25774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/10/16
It's not so much impacting our evolution as it is allowing the evolution toward bigger heads and narrower hips to complete. We've been evolving in ways that make us rely on each other for support for a long time.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.