First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Malta has banned gay conversion therapy
Posted 12/8/16
On Topic Response:

Personally, I'm against any type of "conversion therapy" (to or away from homosexuality; knowing the former is a joke). A person is whoever they choose to be, ultimately. Those who try to state that transgenderism is a "mental illness" haven't necessarily been reading any scientific studies in the past decade and have been repeating the same, outdated research from a heavily-biased Dr. Paul McHugh (he was quite conservative and most of his research was done in the early 80's). However, those that support his view tends to ignore any scientific discoveries since the time that he was the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry at John Hopkins (which he left altogether in '92). I find that people who try to state that "others should not be able to tell them what to do" (conservatives, mostly, when regarding to the government) are typically the ones that are quick to try to state that transgenderism is a mental illness and/or that it's a perversion, which is quite hilarious to me.

Regarding Malta out-right banning so-called "conversion therapy", I think it's a good idea. Trying to convince someone other than what they believe, unless it poses a risk for others, isn't necessarily something I agree with as a whole. How someone's desire to be homosexual or a transgender impacts your own life in any way, shape, or form is the question I'd like to ask to those who challenge the notion. If you start worrying about some "SJW Agenda" or something of the sort, you're forgetting your history. You're forgetting that in the 1960's when those who were considered liberal (hippies) were tossed off of campuses, shot at while protesting, and the conservatives were allowed to hold gatherings on-campus in support of the war and patriotism. This is only history repeating itself on the opposite spectrum.

Welcome to humanity! You just happen to live in an era where your political views are the ones under attack. Now it's the opposite way around with Milo Yiannopoulos (self-proclaimed troll) and "safe places" (which have been around for almost 50 years, just in different contextual ways).
39754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

It doesn't matter if it was a temporary thing. Making a muslim captain britain when they have muslim child grooming gangs that are pretty much sanctioned by the government is disgusting.

I could have sworn Thor was now a black woman. I must've slipped timelines again.
But seriously, the SON of Odin being a woman for PC reasons is stupid.

Well if Spiderman can be black, why not make Black Panther white? That will literally never happen even in an alternate universe.

The Captain America bullshit I'm talking about was the blatant anti Trump leftist propaganda that its become.

If that jawline and muscles doesn't give it away, you may just be blind.








22284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


It doesn't matter if it was a temporary thing. Making a muslim captain britain when they have muslim child grooming gangs that are pretty much sanctioned by the government is disgusting.

I could have sworn Thor was now a black woman. I must've slipped timelines again.
But seriously, the SON of Odin being a woman for PC reasons is stupid.

Well if Spiderman can be black, why not make Black Panther white? That will literally never happen even in an alternate universe.

The Captain America bullshit I'm talking about was the blatant anti Trump leftist propaganda that its become.

If that jawline and muscles doesn't give it away, you may just be blind.










I think you're missing the cultural racial difference between portrayal of blacks and portrayal of whites in media. T'Challa was a black super hero originating in the 1960s by Stan Lee and some other guy. Of course people are going to keep such things in mind.
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Well if Spiderman can be black, why not make Black Panther white? That will literally never happen even in an alternate universe.







Pictured: Kasper Cole (Caucasian) as Black Panther in the main marvel universe.

2512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16
Good. Hopefully we'll do the same but with Republicans in control of all three branches I'm not too hopeful. I still can't believe everyone voted for the yahoo's who think the earth is only a couple of thousands of years old. Trump just announced a global warming denier to head the EPA. They want to get rid of clean green energy and go back to coal so I'm pretty sure that gays and abortions are next. Way to make America great again. I wasn't aware of any country being great in the dark ages but maybe I missed something?
Posted 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

It doesn't matter if it was a temporary thing. Making a muslim captain britain when they have muslim child grooming gangs that are pretty much sanctioned by the government is disgusting.


It never happened. Captain Britain has always been Brian Braddock. You're skipping over what's being read and taking it out of context deliberately.


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
I could have sworn Thor was now a black woman. I must've slipped timelines again.
But seriously, the SON of Odin being a woman for PC reasons is stupid.


The "concept" of Thor is that it's whoever wields the Mjolnir. There's been a frog Thor (Throg). It's not really about the "SON" of Odin in the Marvel series but, rather, who has the Mjolnir as a weapon.


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Well if Spiderman can be black, why not make Black Panther white? That will literally never happen even in an alternate universe.


Never say never in Marvel or comic books in general, man. There was a time that comic book nerds used to say that there'd never be a Chinese Superman. Let's not forget what Vibe used to look like.

Diversity in comics has always been hit or miss, even as far back as the 70's. To try to claim that "SJWs have taken over" would mean that they took over long before you were even born.



Amyas_Leigh wrote:
The Captain America bullshit I'm talking about was the blatant anti Trump leftist propaganda that its become.


To be fair, if you look at Trump's policies and the Civil War arc, you would actually say that Captain America has been "Anti-Trump" before there was an "Anti-Trump". Captain America stood against the whole "Superhuman Registration Act" - which would go against the ideology of Trump making people register based off of their religious beliefs (except, in the comics, it was the fact that they had superpowers). This arc was back in 2006-2008 time frame, so long before Trump was around. The latest Captain America film only touched a smidge on the whole storyline; but, alas, you're free to interpret things however you desire.



Amyas_Leigh wrote:
If that jawline and muscles doesn't give it away, you may just be blind.


If those are your basis of considering Wonder Woman as a "male to female transexual" then you've not really seen Wonder Woman...
This is one of her much older designs.


39754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Well if Spiderman can be black, why not make Black Panther white? That will literally never happen even in an alternate universe.







Pictured: Kasper Cole (Caucasian) as Black Panther in the main marvel universe.




Kevin Cole (left) is a character of mixed heritage, African and Jewish.


K den.
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Well if Spiderman can be black, why not make Black Panther white? That will literally never happen even in an alternate universe.







Pictured: Kasper Cole (Caucasian) as Black Panther in the main marvel universe.




Kevin Cole (left) is a character of mixed heritage, African and Jewish.


K den.


I don't understand what you're trying to say with this.
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

octorockandroll wrote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say with this.


He's saying that Kasper Cole isn't "pure" Caucasian (he's a mixed child from an African man and a Caucasian Jewish woman). You should know that it doesn't fit with his Aryan requirements for "caucasian".

14213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
The Captain America bullshit I'm talking about was the blatant anti Trump leftist propaganda that its become.

i mean he started off fighting nazis, so by your standards he was probably always "anti trump leftist propaganda" =o
39754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

ninjitsuko wrote:



He's saying that Kasper Cole isn't "pure" Caucasian (he's a mixed child from an African man and a Caucasian Jewish woman). You should know that it doesn't fit with his Aryan requirements for "caucasian".



No.
Writing off a person's mixed heritage and calling them 'white' is denying that their struggles of being mixe... hahah just kidding.
Do Jews even call themselves white? Probably just when its convenient for them. http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/ashkenazi-jews-are-not-white-response-to-haaretz-article/
Also race is more than skin color.

8821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/8/16
How did straight white men become so insecure and paranoid about imaginary conflicts?
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

ninjitsuko wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say with this.


He's saying that Kasper Cole isn't "pure" Caucasian (he's a mixed child from an African man and a Caucasian Jewish woman). You should know that it doesn't fit with his Aryan requirements for "caucasian".



Not even I wanted to believe it but it seems you are correct again.

Edit: ffs, his nickname, Kasper, comes from his skin colour. The dude ain't black. End of story.
39754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

How did straight white men become so insecure and paranoid about imaginary conflicts?


Degeneracy normalized in media reflects itself in reality.


limeparadox wrote:

i mean he started off fighting nazis, so by your standards he was probably always "anti trump leftist propaganda" =o




8821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

How did straight white men become so insecure and paranoid about imaginary conflicts?


Degeneracy normalized in media reflects itself in reality.



^^^^^

See what I mean? Imaginary conflict.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.