First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Outlawing Abortion
2523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

Xxanthar wrote:

I find the lack of personal responsibility to be the most disturbing thing about this whole abortion issue. If you can't spare a couple bucks for condoms, or another form of birth control, maybe sex is not something that should be so high on your list of priorities. I understand accidents, the mothers life being in danger, conception because of rape or incest, are all valid reasons for abortion, if you lack the means to care for a child. However, there are also many who use government subsidized planned parenthood as a form of birth control. Life is not something that should be cut up and then vacuumed out of existence because you're too lazy to hit the convenience store for some rubbers.


I do agree that people should take the whole thing about birth control and condoms more seriously, but I doubt anything will change soon, people just are terrible at thinking about repercussions. That's why I think people should have a choice, I mean I'm not sure what's worse, a baby that's ended before they really existed or a child that grows up being treated horribly because their parents can't support them or wished they didn't exist.
17710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/9/17
Outlawing abortion will effect poor women the most, but that's not important.
7146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/9/17
I am pro-choice, but I fully understand where the Christian Conservatives are coming from; abortion does kill a baby after all. And killing babies is generally something any group of civilized people should not approve of. I think many people do take the decision too lightly.

But for me it really comes down to do you really want someone who would seriously consider killing their kid to raise said kid? Something tells me they would probably not be the best parent for said child. So it comes down to what kind of life would that child have in the care of a person who seriously considered killing them.

Once again I do support abortion, but anyone who gets an abortion should be required to complete a Sex-Ed course.
28264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16
http://www.ontheissues.org/John_Kasich.htm

Gov. Kasich seems pretty conservative when it comes to abortion but you never know until the fat lady sings, as Justice Kennedy has proved.
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16
I remember a poster in the NYC subway that went something like "70% of anti-abortion leaders are men. 100% will never get pregnant."
Posted 12/8/16


Stop trying to control other peoples choices.
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Ny0 wrote:



Stop trying to control other peoples choices.


That applies to gun control advocates as well, right?
22095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Xxanthar wrote:


Ny0 wrote:



Stop trying to control other peoples choices.


That applies to gun control advocates as well, right?

I would buy that line if thee were more mass abortions in schools then mass shootings
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/13/17

uncletim wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


Ny0 wrote:



Stop trying to control other peoples choices.


That applies to gun control advocates as well, right?

I would buy that line if thee were more mass abortions in schools then mass shootings


Really? abortion destroys life every time it's used. Probably only 0.2% of guns are used to kill humans.
Posted 12/8/16

Xxanthar wrote:


Ny0 wrote:



Stop trying to control other peoples choices.


That applies to gun control advocates as well, right?


Not sure why you would compare the two. Creating life is different than taking away life. Whatever your point being, I'm not really into politics but personally I feel that people should get to choose whether or not they can nurture a life or not. If you're afraid to look at the reality of some situations these kids have to live in because their mother couldn't cough up 400 to get abortion then maybe you'd rethink on taking away peoples rights so easily. Because you're scared the world is weak and our laws need to be stronger to enforce peace. I don't think stripping away peoples choices and giving them nothing to defend themselves with is a good idea. Guns might corrupt the world we live in now but I'm not sure how you can compare an object that kills people to a persons suffering from living a life not worth being born into.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/9/17
guess who'll be getting an IUD!!
22095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/9/17

Xxanthar wrote:

Really? abortion destroys life every time it's used. Probably only 0.2% of guns are used to kill humans.


Really? I have yet to see a case of some one walking into a school and committing a mass abortion yet I can point to several were someone walked into a school and committing a mass shooting. Would you like me to link them for you?
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/9/17

uncletim wrote:


Really? I have yet to see a case of some one walking into a school and committing a mass abortion yet I can point to several were someone walked into a school and committing a mass shooting. Would you like me to link them for you?


Don't be a smart ass. How many abortions do students have every year? I bet more kids die from an overdose or suicide than a mass shooting. In fact I'd be willing to bet mass shootings account for the least amount of dead students when compared to things like Cancer, auto accidents, falls, drownings per year...
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/17/17

Xxanthar wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Really? I have yet to see a case of some one walking into a school and committing a mass abortion yet I can point to several were someone walked into a school and committing a mass shooting. Would you like me to link them for you?


Don't be a smart ass. How many abortions do students have every year? I bet more kids die from an overdose or suicide than a mass shooting. In fact I'd be willing to bet mass shootings account for the least amount of dead students when compared to things like Cancer, auto accidents, falls, drownings per year...


You're comparing preventable and intentional actions of people to accidents and an illness we can't reliably cure.

False equivalence.
22095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 8/9/17

Xxanthar wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Really? I have yet to see a case of some one walking into a school and committing a mass abortion yet I can point to several were someone walked into a school and committing a mass shooting. Would you like me to link them for you?


Don't be a smart ass. How many abortions do students have every year? I bet more kids die from an overdose or suicide than a mass shooting. In fact I'd be willing to bet mass shootings account for the least amount of dead students when compared to things like Cancer, auto accidents, falls, drownings per year...

So that makes mass shootings in schools is alright because the kids are just going to kill themselves anyways? Wow that is pretty brutal

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.