First  Prev  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  Next  Last
Post Reply Outlawing Abortion
28259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 8/15/17 , edited 8/15/17
Don't outlaw abortion. They should have the choice to eliminate their parasites if they wish.
llunga 
4531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 8/15/17 , edited 8/15/17
I just think if you are going to eliminate a "parasite", do it right. I was aborted but I still made a place for myself in the world.I'm not against abortion. I'm against the wrong methods of abortion.I believe if people are left without many options they will go find an ultimatum. I think if it's your body it is your choice but to do things unprofessionally and half-assed is the worst thing you can do and outright criminal.
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/15/17

saksiss wrote:

Don't outlaw abortion. They should have the choice to eliminate their parasites if they wish.


What's the difference between a fetus and a tapeworm?
A fetus is the same species.

On a biological level, that means it isn't a parasite in the most scientific of definitions.
But still harbors the traits of a parasite, nonetheless.

On an etymological level, the word "parasite" comes from the Latin "parasitus".
"Parasitus" is the Latinization of the Greek word "parasitos".
Which literally means "one who eats at the table of another".
29395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50
Offline
Posted 8/15/17 , edited 8/15/17

Cydoemus wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Don't outlaw abortion. They should have the choice to eliminate their parasites if they wish.


What's the difference between a fetus and a tapeworm?
A fetus is the same species.

On a biological level, that means it isn't a parasite in the most scientific of definitions.
But still harbors the traits of a parasite, nonetheless.

On an etymological level, the word "parasite" comes from the Latin "parasitus".
"Parasitus" is the Latinization of the Greek word "parasitos".
Which literally means "one who eats at the table of another".


The main reason I don't like the parasite logic is because arguably, all young children are parasites. If society fully accepted that logic, infanticide would be perfectly justified, and fathers wouldn't be obligated to give child support.

42438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 8/15/17

saksiss wrote:

Don't outlaw abortion. They should have the choice to eliminate their parasites if they wish.


Parasite comparison is misguided and inacurrate.

1. Because it distorts what a parasite is.
2. Because it implies that human beings are not valuable enough to make reasonable considerations for their well being.
3. Because no human being gets to choose to exist this way. The choice was made by the host.
28259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 8/15/17 , edited 8/15/17

Cydoemus wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Don't outlaw abortion. They should have the choice to eliminate their parasites if they wish.


What's the difference between a fetus and a tapeworm?
A fetus is the same species.

On a biological level, that means it isn't a parasite in the most scientific of definitions.
But still harbors the traits of a parasite, nonetheless.

On an etymological level, the word "parasite" comes from the Latin "parasitus".
"Parasitus" is the Latinization of the Greek word "parasitos".
Which literally means "one who eats at the table of another".


Even if it's only 0.0000000000001% a parasite, it's still a parasite.


Holofernes wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Don't outlaw abortion. They should have the choice to eliminate their parasites if they wish.


Parasite comparison is misguided and inacurrate.

1. Because it distorts what a parasite is.
2. Because it implies that human beings are not valuable enough to make reasonable considerations for their well being.
3. Because no human being gets to choose to exist this way. The choice was made by the host.


2. That's exactly what I'm implying.
3. I know it's forced upon us, but that doesn't change what we are.

We're born parasites, live as parasites and die as parasites.
42438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 8/15/17

saksiss wrote:

Even if it's only 0.0000000000001% a parasite, it's still a parasite.


It is not even a percentage a parasite. Different subjects and circumstances make it something else. In no way the same.
28259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 8/15/17 , edited 8/15/17

Holofernes wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Even if it's only 0.0000000000001% a parasite, it's still a parasite.


It is not even a percentage a parasite. Different subjects and circumstances make it something else. In no way the same.


Oh well, that's where we completely disagree.
34930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/15/17

Holofernes wrote:


runec wrote:

Well, for starters, my first example was the pregnancy potentially killing the mother. So the question back at you is do you want one death or two?

Secondly, are you really suggesting that the victim of rape/incest must pay for the crime they were a victim of? I sincerely hope I don't need to explain to you how incredibly fucked up it is to force someone to bear the child of their rapist. To correct your car thieving example: If this person also kidnapped you and was holding you in the trunk of the car, are you responsible for the crimes the car owner committed?

As a third example, I will also add the cases where the fetus is not viable. As these case's are the most horrifying but they also run into laws regarding later term abortions. In these cases, the child is wanted, but will not survive till birth. So the mother is being forced to carry a dead child ( which comes with all sorts of risks, obviously ). Or they're being forced to carry a child to term when that child's entire life will consist of maybe a day or two of absolute pain and misery before it dies.


Its a simple fact of logical deduction.

If innocent lives matter/have value therefore the innocent are not to be killed, since that is the most extreme devaluation to life.

It is not just innocent lives that matter. All living things matter. Who are you to be the arbiter of one's innocence?


-snip-

Your point 2. Is answered by "who is really innocent." An infant is not guilty of the sins of their parents.

-snipped because you obviously don't understand how the world works-

Wtf? It is now a sin to be raped? Top kek.


Your point 3. Three is just another case of circumstances. If someone cannot be saved, therefore how can a procedure meant to save someone who can be wrong?

-snip-

Your judgement is clouded by your ideology.


-snip-

it is wrong to kill anyone who is innocent of any crime,

So it is right to kill anyone who is guilty of any crime?

29395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50
Offline
Posted 8/15/17

saksiss wrote:

2. That's exactly what I'm implying.
3. I know it's forced upon us, but that doesn't change what we are.

We're born parasites, live as parasites and die as parasites.


... So, you're saying if I randomly kill any human anywhere, it's 100% justified because all humans are parasites, and all parasites deserve to be killed.

I won't argue against the premises themselves, but you're kind of implying everyone should commit suicide. I won't go out of my way to condemn that viewpoint, but I just want to make sure you're clear on the logical conclusion of the premises you believe in.
28414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 8/15/17 , edited 8/15/17
https://mobile.twitter.com/PatriciaHeaton/status/897290974262472704

Glad people, celebrities even, are standing up and recognizing abortion for what it really is. Being brave is the first step in any victory.

Shame on CBS.
29395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50
Offline
Posted 8/15/17

MysticGon wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatriciaHeaton/status/897290974262472704

Glad people, celebrities even, are standing up and recognizing abortion for what it really is. Being brave is the first step in any victory.

Shame on CBS.


Ignoring whether or not it is moral to kill diseased fetuses, I'm surprised there are people that believe you can remove Down Syndrome by killing people with Down Syndrome. It's not contagious like all chromosomal diseases. If it was sickle cell malaria, killing everyone with the gene would at least actually get rid of the disease.
967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mississippi
Online
Posted 8/15/17
I remember years ago I use to be pro-life while my gf at the time was pro-choice and it ended up in arguments a few times.
She always said if she was pregnant with a child that would be born handicapped or serious problems she would get a abortion because it would prevent her from doing the things she wanted to do as a family.
In my youth that seemed wrong too me but now I'm pro choice and honestly I think it has to do with age for me personally, I wanted to get married and have kids when I was younger and was pro-life now I don't want kids or marriage and pro choice.

In fact now that I'm no longer a teenager I really don't even give a fuck.
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/15/17 , edited 8/15/17
In the black community, abortion is very common. My ma was single and was considering abortion. I'm glad she didn't. I can't really say if it's good or bad. But I'm just lucky I'm alive.

edit: When I was younger and pissed off my ma, she always told me that I was lucky that I was not aborted. Because my aunt, ma's sis, aborted 3 unborn babies.
476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 8/15/17

Deus_Vult wrote:

In the black community, abortion is very common. My ma was single and was considering abortion. I'm glad she didn't. I can't really say if it's good or bad. But I'm just lucky I'm alive.

edit: When I was younger and pissed off my ma, she always told me that I was lucky that I was not aborted. Because my aunt, ma's sis, aborted 3 unborn babies.


That's a lie.

In your community it is, but not in mine, and I am black too.

My ma never had it. I have three aunts, two grandparents, and 1 great grandparent that I knew, and ...none of them ever had an abortion. I have cousins, never had it ....but, there was one time ...one time only in my entire family where an abortion was needed. I guess, I can call her my step-cousin, but in her case, the baby would have been born without a brain and she was an at risk pregnancy. She was depress and very sad about it, and it was not a happy moment nor a joyful one. It was either she went through with it or risk death to have a baby that wouldn't survive ...and so it had to be done.

There was a funeral for the baby and everything.

So stop with that stereotype bullcrap.

I don't know anyone ..who has had an abortion, and it's not common in the black community ...though it might be common in yours.

First  Prev  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.