First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
feelings VS facts in debates, between democrats and reps
21907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16
now both sides have their name callers
you are "racist" a "bigot" etc

to "you are a libtard" "cuck" etc

but why is it I mainly see it from people who are on the democratic side?
it is rare for me to see a argument based on facts, and not feelings, and we have seen it a lot this election
whenever I try to enlighten someone in a debate and be like "hey this is how this works blah blah" ...I rarely if ever get a coeherent response back with the person trying to understand things, instead I get called rude -when I wasn't- etc
and they refuse to talk more on the subject

and we all know people are called racist during arguments when they aren't being racist
but why is it mostly the left doing this,
its like they don't want to learn, they don't want to learn facts AND opposing opinions

is it this SJW and feminazi culture that is becoming more normalized?
is it our education system? and talking about that I REALLY wish we were taught what kind of government we ACTUALLY have

which is a federal republic, but if anything imo , an oligarchy
I wish that was taught instead of lies like how we are democratic

I don't know, im rambling but something needs to change moving forward
9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16
Well, I know which side has more creationists, climate change deniers, and people who think a woman's uterus locks down like a panic room during a rape.
26343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Roasting In Hell
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16
You mat notice it more because it comes from the opposing side. I share this bias too.
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Well, I know which side has more creationists, climate change deniers, and people who think a woman's uterus locks down like a panic room during a rape.


According to liberals this man is a fine, well adjusted upstanding member of society. Also he's a five year old girl and if you say otherwise you're a transmisogynist bigot
http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/paedophile-who-kissed-a-child-insists-hes-a-five-year-old-girl-and-brought-doll-to-court-6305005/
9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

According to liberals this man is a fine, well adjusted upstanding member of society. Also he's a five year old girl and if you say otherwise you're a transmisogynist bigot
http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/paedophile-who-kissed-a-child-insists-hes-a-five-year-old-girl-and-brought-doll-to-court-6305005/


...OK? Not sure what that has to do with my post, but whatever.
26343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Roasting In Hell
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16
I wouldn't use Democrats or Republicans either. It is the same shitty party. If you must use such arbitrary labels, use Liberal OR Conservative. Anything other than the fucking parties.
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


...OK? Not sure what that has to do with my post, but whatever.


Generalize one side by their worst and be generalized in return. Not that much to say.

38099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

You mat notice it more because it comes from the opposing side. I share this bias too.

Pretty much this.

As human beings, we all think our own opinions are reasonable. We tend to notice the worst of the "opposition" (they're generally the loudest) and turn a blind eye to or disavow the unpleasant people on the same side of the debate as us because, "Hey, that person's a jerk, they're not with me, I'm perfectly reasonable."
21907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I wouldn't use Democrats or Republicans either. It is the same shitty party. If you must use such arbitrary labels, use Liberal OR Conservative. Anything other than the fucking parties.


well, liberal is used as an insult now a days that's why I didn't use it, there for ei didn't use use conservative either
9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:


...OK? Not sure what that has to do with my post, but whatever.


Generalize one side by their worst and be generalized in return. Not that much to say.



Except what I said isn't really a generalization.

More Republicans deny evolution than Democrats

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/03/republican-views-on-evolution-tracking-how-its-changed/

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/poll-shows-republicans-rejecting-evolution

More Republicans deny climate change than Democrats.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/16/ideological-divide-over-global-warming-as-wide-as-ever/

And Republicans have this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKa5CY-KOHc
21907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:


...OK? Not sure what that has to do with my post, but whatever.


Generalize one side by their worst and be generalized in return. Not that much to say.



Except what I said isn't really a generalization.

More Republicans deny evolution than Democrats

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/03/republican-views-on-evolution-tracking-how-its-changed/

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/poll-shows-republicans-rejecting-evolution

More Republicans deny climate change than Democrats.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/16/ideological-divide-over-global-warming-as-wide-as-ever/

And Republicans have this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKa5CY-KOHc


ok so, even if the"Facts" the republicans believe may be wrong -don't get me wrong im not siding with anything here, im just making a point-
they are still trying to argue with "facts"

while on the democrat side its about liberation, oppression feelings, racism, etc etc
"we need to vote for her because she is a woman! she will give more freedoms and equality to women!"
...and not really TRULY about policy, idealogy

that's just an example
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


More Republicans deny climate change than Democrats.


le conservatives are anti science, he said, while calling gender 'social constructs' and performing sex change operations on 12 year olds



9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


le conservatives are anti science, he said, while calling gender 'social constructs' and performing sex change operations on 12 year olds





Again, nothing to do with my post. Are you even trying?
9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

redokami wrote:

ok so, even if the"Facts" the republicans believe may be wrong -don't get me wrong im not siding with anything here, im just making a point-
they are still trying to argue with "facts"


I don't know what you mean here.

Evolution is real, climate change is real, and pregnancy from rape isn't any less likely than pregnancy from consensual sex. These are indisputable facts. There is no arguing against them. So when Republicans try to argue against them, they're not using facts; they're simply making shit up.
31113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Well, I know which side has more creationists, climate change deniers, and people who think a woman's uterus locks down like a panic room during a rape.


According to liberals this man is a fine, well adjusted upstanding member of society. Also he's a five year old girl and if you say otherwise you're a transmisogynist bigot
http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/paedophile-who-kissed-a-child-insists-hes-a-five-year-old-girl-and-brought-doll-to-court-6305005/


According to you all Liberals are the same
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.