First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply feelings VS facts in debates, between democrats and reps
10271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

redokami wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:

I would also argue that this thread was made for feeling validation, not facts.


what exactly do you mean here


You are looking for validation that the liberals insult more. This is based on emotion and bias. I believe you wanted the "Echo Chamber" to say you are right. Maybe that is me being jaded.

Both sides insult the other side. This has and always will happen. It all depends on the media consumed. "Why do I only see this from the liberals/democrats." That is the media. That also shows just plain bias. That bias comes from emotional roots.

Edit: Fixed format and adding new information.

If you wanted a debate, you would have left your bias out of it and left a much more open ended question leaving emotional based stuff out. What I would have done with your original post:

now both sides have their name callers
you are "racist" a "bigot" etc

to "you are a libtard" "cuck" etc

Both sides are guilty of this. The media consumed leads to only each side seeing the other in a bad light
it is rare for me to see a argument based on facts, and not feelings, and we have seen it a lot this election
whenever I try to enlighten someone in a debate and be like "hey this is how this works blah blah" ...I rarely if ever get a coeherent response back with the person trying to understand things, instead I get called rude -when I wasn't- etc
and they refuse to talk more on the subject

and we all know people are called racist during arguments when they aren't being racist
but why must both sides do this?
its like they don't want to learn, they don't want to learn facts AND opposing opinions

Is our education system to blame? The type of government, fake and biased media or the age of information to blame?

which is a federal republic, but if anything imo , an oligarchy
I wish that was taught instead of lies like how we are democratic

I don't know, im rambling but something needs to change moving forward
21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16

Dark_Alma wrote:


redokami wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:

. I would also argue that this thread was made for feeling validation, not facts.

what exactly do you mean here


You are looking for validation that the liberals insult more. This is based on emotion and bias. I believe you wanted the "Echo Chamber" to say you are right. Maybe that is me being jaded.

Both sides insult the other side. This has and always will happen. It all depends on the media consumed. "Why do I only see this from the liberals/democrats." That is the media. That also shows just plain bias. That bias comes from emotional roots.


im not just seeing it from media though, its from my experiences through different sites besides this one,
as for the "validation" no, im tired, way tired I haven't slept in 24 hours so im having trouble trying to say what I mean
I KNOW both sides insult eachother, I even said that, im saying from personal experience that the core for each sides argument is " belief" and "Fact" even if what they think is fact is wrong, to "emotion" and "feelings" I personally seem to see a distinct line between the two when brigning forth a argument

and I was wanting to know WHY that may be, why one group leans towards emotion and the other leans towards...whatever
10271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 12/8/16

redokami wrote:

im not just seeing it from media though, its from my experiences through different sites besides this one,
as for the "validation" no, im tired, way tired I haven't slept in 24 hours so im having trouble trying to say what I mean
I KNOW both sides insult eachother, I even said that, im saying from personal experience that the core for each sides argument is " belief" and "Fact" even if what they think is fact is wrong, to "emotion" and "feelings" I personally seem to see a distinct line between the two when brigning forth a argument

and I was wanting to know WHY that may be, why one group leans towards emotion and the other leans towards...whatever


I edited my previous post to help represent what I meant. Take a quick read. My changes are in bold. I believe this would lead to a much healthier and much less biased thread.

10271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 12/8/16

redokami wrote:

im not just seeing it from media though, its from my experiences through different sites besides this one,
as for the "validation" no, im tired, way tired I haven't slept in 24 hours so im having trouble trying to say what I mean
I KNOW both sides insult eachother, I even said that, im saying from personal experience that the core for each sides argument is " belief" and "Fact" even if what they think is fact is wrong, to "emotion" and "feelings" I personally seem to see a distinct line between the two when brigning forth a argument

and I was wanting to know WHY that may be, why one group leans towards emotion and the other leans towards...whatever


Both sides lean heavily on emotions. That is human nature. One side bases their feelings on human rights, the other bases it on religion.

Religious feelings tend to shaft human rights (gay, lesbian, trans, bi, atheist, any other religions, abortion, etc all have religious ties).
Human rights tend to shaft Christian beliefs (gay, lesbian, trans, bi, atheist, any other religions, abortion, etc all have religious ties).

Ofc this is heavily simplified. It is mostly true however. Most of the issues that one side has strength with is the heavily religious while the other side isn't. Trump got 82% of the evangelical votes, and only 14% of the non-evangelical. The rest is vise versa.

6604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

redokami wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:
more extreme example of groups like violent blm, kkk, etc. and many of these probably could be used for ether people many would say full into the left or right of the political spectrum.


I just want to say, thank you for putting those two together in the same group, people don't like to acknowledge that blm is the racist extreme for the left side


your welcome if it wasn't for the violence and the misinformation i think i would agree with blm more but its turned into a another hate group for the most part it seems no different then the kkk and all the other violent hate groups in existence.
1080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

dragonlord1234 wrote:


redokami wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:
more extreme example of groups like violent blm, kkk, etc. and many of these probably could be used for ether people many would say full into the left or right of the political spectrum.


I just want to say, thank you for putting those two together in the same group, people don't like to acknowledge that blm is the racist extreme for the left side


your welcome if it wasn't for the violence and the misinformation i think i would agree with blm more but its turned into a another hate group for the most part it seems no different then the kkk and all the other violent hate groups in existence.


Yeah I remember when those disgusting BLM folk were lynching white men and lighting them on fire.
21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

DateTree wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:


redokami wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:
more extreme example of groups like violent blm, kkk, etc. and many of these probably could be used for ether people many would say full into the left or right of the political spectrum.


I just want to say, thank you for putting those two together in the same group, people don't like to acknowledge that blm is the racist extreme for the left side


your welcome if it wasn't for the violence and the misinformation i think i would agree with blm more but its turned into a another hate group for the most part it seems no different then the kkk and all the other violent hate groups in existence.


Yeah I remember when those disgusting BLM folk were lynching white men and lighting them on fire.


I see this argument almost everytime
Do they HAVE to do that FORM of violence?they have killed cops,they have beat up white ppl ,oh and some white ppl were lit on fire in a parking garage
1080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

redokami wrote:


DateTree wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:


redokami wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:
more extreme example of groups like violent blm, kkk, etc. and many of these probably could be used for ether people many would say full into the left or right of the political spectrum.


I just want to say, thank you for putting those two together in the same group, people don't like to acknowledge that blm is the racist extreme for the left side


your welcome if it wasn't for the violence and the misinformation i think i would agree with blm more but its turned into a another hate group for the most part it seems no different then the kkk and all the other violent hate groups in existence.


Yeah I remember when those disgusting BLM folk were lynching white men and lighting them on fire.


I see this argument almost everytime
Do they HAVE to do that FORM of violence?they have killed cops,they have beat up white ppl ,oh and some white ppl were lit on fire in a parking garage


So totally organized widespread attacks on white folk in the 1800s to prevent them from voting, intimidated and TERRORIZED whites for over a century, as an ORGANIZED group INTENT on killing, lynched white folk, falsely accused whites of rape and lit whites on fire.

Yeah that happened

Not a BLM supporter but comparing them to the KKK is flat out insane. And unjust.
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/8/16 , edited 12/8/16


I would also like to add that as far as I recall nobody has covered up crimes done in the name of blm and those who do commit crimes in supposed representation of the "group" are punished justly and swiftly.
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:

According to liberals this man is a fine, well adjusted upstanding member of society. Also he's a five year old girl and if you say otherwise you're a transmisogynist bigot
http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/paedophile-who-kissed-a-child-insists-hes-a-five-year-old-girl-and-brought-doll-to-court-6305005/


...OK? Not sure what that has to do with my post, but whatever.


it's his way. can't make a valid argument on the topic, so he brings up stupid shit like the link
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

octorockandroll wrote:



I would also like to add that as far as I recall nobody has covered up crimes done in the name of blm and those who do commit crimes in supposed representation of the "group" are punished justly and swiftly.


I also don't recall hearing about any BLMs getting help from the local law enforcement to get acquitted.
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

ran76 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



I would also like to add that as far as I recall nobody has covered up crimes done in the name of blm and those who do commit crimes in supposed representation of the "group" are punished justly and swiftly.


I also don't recall hearing about any BLMs getting help from the local law enforcement to get acquitted.


Same here, I don't believe that has happened at all.
114000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Columbia, MO
Online
Posted 12/8/16
Decades ago the press was running out of legitimate sources, government leaks reporting issues. Government has been providing misinformation for a long time. I recall certain reporter(s) who wrote for The Philadelphia Inquirer called on the carpet for fabricating part of a story so it had legs rather than amount to conjecture, speculation, pure fiction. That was back in the '80's. It has been a gradual downhill slide for quite some time defining subjectivity as the press sees things versus objectivity.

Some have speculated MSM is a dying artifact (MSM = main stream media) thanks to newer technologies present. There are so many news outlet venues now a person need not rely on the old dinosaurs anymore (nor should they). Yay.
299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Underworld
Offline
Posted 12/8/16
There's probably more Democrats than Republicans on Crunchyroll.

Or did you mean on the internet in general? It might be just be because the aggressive liberals are more vocal on the internet than the aggressive right wingers.

1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16

Amphinomus wrote:

There's probably more Democrats than Republicans on Crunchyroll.

Or did you mean on the internet in general? It might be just be because the aggressive liberals are more vocal on the internet than the aggressive right wingers.



Tell that to Chuck Jones. I don't think it's liberals that are calling and leaving threat against him and his family. It's almost as if conservatives are being emotional instead of logical.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.