Post Reply What anime is this?
Vempy 
22101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/8/16
I only remember the backstory for the main character (I think he's the main character?).

As a child he ends up in a military training camp for child soldiers. All the other children hate him but he does make friends with this one girl. I think her name is Marin, or Karin, or something like that. But maybe not... Anyway, she has shoulder length straight bluish or purplish hair and straight bangs. For some reason I remember her quite well. I think they meet because she shares food with him... Anyway, their final exam is a fight to the death and he ends up fighting her.

Anyone know what this is?

12214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 12/9/16
I know I've seen this but for the life of me can't figure out what it is. I know I'll be kicking myself when someone says what it is. I keep going back to Labyrinth of Grisaia but I know it's not it.
Vempy 
22101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/9/16
I keep on coming back to Grisaia too... Maybe I need to go try googling harder. X_x But "anime child soldier" isn't entirely helpful.

Maybe I'll go skim some Grisaia episodes too.
15760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/9/16
I'm not sure why you have discounted Grisaia.

Child soldier camp - check
Girl with straight, shoulder-length blue/purple hair - check
Girl friendly while others are cruel - check
Girl named "Marlin" - check
Fight to the death exam - check

Fruit of Grisaia, Episode 14, 32:35.
Vempy 
22101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/9/16
Omg... That is it. I was caught up on the fact he was partially trained by his aunt and only remembered that part of the training. It just wouldn't click the he was sent to that camp before he ended up with Asako. And then I skimmed the episode list and none of the screen caps for the episodes showed little Yuuji at the camp so I wrote it off a little too quickly.

In my defence I watched Grisaia a long time ago and the whole theme of kid soldiers/assassins isn't all that unique.
15760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/9/16

Vempy wrote:

In my defence I watched Grisaia a long time ago and the whole theme of kid soldiers/assassins isn't all that unique.


I was actually replying to neugenx as I had started writing before your second post. He seemed very clear that it couldn't be FoG and I was struggling to work out if I had missed something.
12214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 12/9/16

MidoriNoTora wrote:


Vempy wrote:

In my defence I watched Grisaia a long time ago and the whole theme of kid soldiers/assassins isn't all that unique.


I was actually replying to neugenx as I had started writing before your second post. He seemed very clear that it couldn't be FoG and I was struggling to work out if I had missed something.


Well, Vempy said a fight to the death. We both know
which is why I ruled it out . I won't be so fast to next time. Should've just gone with my first instinct .
Vempy 
22101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/10/16

neugenx wrote:

Well, Vempy said a fight to the death. We both know
which is why I ruled it out . I won't be so fast to next time. Should've just gone with my first instinct .


Heehee. True. My memory can be pretty sketchy at times.

But thank you both for solving my mystery!
12214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

Vempy wrote:


neugenx wrote:

Well, Vempy said a fight to the death. We both know
which is why I ruled it out . I won't be so fast to next time. Should've just gone with my first instinct .


Heehee. True. My memory can be pretty sketchy at times.

But thank you both for solving my mystery!


Sketchy memories of movies/tv shows can be ohhhhhhh so much fun at times . Had similar experiences myself in the past :d .
You must be logged in to post.