First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
#DumpStarWars?
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

dragonlord1234 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:

i suggest looking up a star wars character named thrawn despite being a alien he was considered one of the highest ranking and respected members of the imperial military with him being highly favored by sidious for example.


I also recommend doing this as the stories he is featured in are supposedly quite good. However the expanded universe of old has been written off as non-canon now, so it's a moot point.


they kept thrawn


Did they? I must have missed that, which isn't a hard thing for me to believe given that I'm crazy behind on the marvel comics, the Rebels cartoon and I haven't even touched any of the new novels. I take it from your responses then, that his story remains largely the same?
Ejanss 
16849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/11/16
To answer the OP, it's because hate/right groups, in their resentment that "the media" is "ignoring" them--clearly out of "bias"--cynically try to "outwit" them with clickbait attention stunts picking on what trend they think will attract media headlines: Harry Potter, Disney, Pokemon Go, Star Wars, Marvel, etc.

And gee, you'd think neo-Nazi groups would have been happier about Watto (the blue fly-guy) from Phantom Menace being accused of being a "wily, long-nosed Jewish pawnbroker stereotype", complete with generic immigrant accent.
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:

i suggest looking up a star wars character named thrawn despite being a alien he was considered one of the highest ranking and respected members of the imperial military with him being highly favored by sidious for example.


I also recommend doing this as the stories he is featured in are supposedly quite good. However the expanded universe of old has been written off as non-canon now, so it's a moot point.


they kept thrawn


Did they? I must have missed that, which isn't a hard thing for me to believe given that I'm crazy behind on the marvel comics, the Rebels cartoon and I haven't even touched any of the new novels. I take it from your responses then, that his story remains largely the same?


http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thrawn
25073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
"Anti-white propaganda".... There are some seriously fragile egos on this thread... If I didn't know any better I'd think I was on the Saloon with all this triggering. Ooh, I bet Hillary supporters are behind this! It's a conspiracy by the Left to indoctrinate our kids into racial genocide! Only Trump can save us! Save us, Lord Trump!

Try Tumblr you drama queens. I hear the easily-triggered have a "home" over there.
24142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 12/11/16

CyanSwan wrote:

"Anti-white propaganda".... There are some seriously fragile egos on this thread... If I didn't know any better I'd think I was on the Saloon with all this triggering. Ooh, I bet Hillary supporters are behind this! It's a conspiracy by the Left to indoctrinate our kids into racial genocide! Only Trump can save us! Save us, Lord Trump!

Try Tumblr you drama queens. I hear the easily-triggered have a "home" over there.


My main point of confusion is that the picture looks like it would come from Tumblr...
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


CyanSwan wrote:

"Anti-white propaganda".... There are some seriously fragile egos on this thread... If I didn't know any better I'd think I was on the Saloon with all this triggering. Ooh, I bet Hillary supporters are behind this! It's a conspiracy by the Left to indoctrinate our kids into racial genocide! Only Trump can save us! Save us, Lord Trump!

Try Tumblr you drama queens. I hear the easily-triggered have a "home" over there.


My main point of confusion is that the picture looks like it would come from Tumblr...


I'm pretty sure that was from reddit.

Which, to be fair, is basically nothing more than the right wing version of tumblr, so I can understand any confusion one might have between the two.
Shunye 
13096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
i thought every storm trooper was from new zealand, since thats where the actor who played jango fett is from. Wouldn't that make the majority of the empire a darker skin color?
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

Shunye wrote:

i thought every storm trooper was from new zealand, since thats where the actor who played jango fett is from. Wouldn't that make the majority of the empire a darker skin color?


Nah, those were just the clones, from the prequels. Those guys were all based off the same person and were all New Zealanders (or I guess... Space New Zealanders?) however it was established early on that they had incredibly short lifespans. Only being their equivalent to fighting age for a few years. The Stormtroopers were different from the Clone troopers, as they were people who were recruited (often forcefully, apparently) from a bunch of different places.

Don't worry. You're far from being the only one who's confused there.
3704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
its a movie... is all I got to say.
37460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
There is only one reason to boycott this movie, and that is the loss of the opening crawl.

But of course I'm still going to be there opening day anyways.
21827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
I have them all on vhs still lol
83784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

Darth Maul came, well before Anakin Skywalker. This was way before Darth Sidious had become the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. Darth Maul fulfilled the needs of Darth Sidious, but that was way before Anakin Skywalker was discovered by his Jedi master...

...and also way before the clone army. Darth Maul was cut in-two by Anakin's Master, way before (or just very shortly before) Anakin was brought into the Jedi Order.

Also, remember that way back in the Old Republic Era, the Sith Empire tried to save itself by finally including Alien races into, not just the Sith Empire, as equals, but also into the Sith Order. So, Aliens had been allowed into the Sith Order for almost four thousand years before Sidious took on apprentices....


Close, but you are missing that the the Sith themselves were not originally human. The Sith were a race called Sith when the Empire was first formed. There was later interbreeding with humans, but there was also a great deal pride with being pure Sith.
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

It's because they are changing star wars history so the empire is a white supremacist group -_-;;




Wow it's kind of funny knowing about news 2-3 days before it shows up on here :P


"Changing"? That's debatable at best. The Star Wars world is filled with aliens and life forms of all different varieties, but the empire is made up exclusively (as I recall anyway) of caucasian dudes. Not to mention the fact that George Lucas himself has gone on record several times saying that the Empire was heavily inspired by Nazis. He even calls them Nazis in the commentary to Empire Strikes Back.

Seriously, how is this news to people?


And what good is it to out and about equate an organization to an entire real world problem that happened years ago and not today? White supremacy is NOT rampant in the world. So I can't see how anyone can not get sick at this clear pandering and shilling to political spectrums.

If they said it was based on the horrors of black African tribes, or represented the Ottoman Empire's crimes against the white Romanians, then clearly people would be pissed and claim racism. So it's racism here to.
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

ishe5555 wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

Darth Maul came, well before Anakin Skywalker. This was way before Darth Sidious had become the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. Darth Maul fulfilled the needs of Darth Sidious, but that was way before Anakin Skywalker was discovered by his Jedi master...

...and also way before the clone army. Darth Maul was cut in-two by Anakin's Master, way before (or just very shortly before) Anakin was brought into the Jedi Order.

Also, remember that way back in the Old Republic Era, the Sith Empire tried to save itself by finally including Alien races into, not just the Sith Empire, as equals, but also into the Sith Order. So, Aliens had been allowed into the Sith Order for almost four thousand years before Sidious took on apprentices....


Close, but you are missing that the the Sith themselves were not originally human. The Sith were a race called Sith when the Empire was first formed. There was later interbreeding with humans, but there was also a great deal pride with being pure Sith.


yep their was considering the somewhat unique genetic traits of the sith like a abnormal connection to the force its somewhat understandable they wouldn't want to risk weaken that advantage
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/11/16


No.

So much no.

Nobody with more than half a braincell would have a problem with that kind of analog. It's not "pandering and shilling" it's a fucking metephor, one that has been used countless times in popular media because, and I'm probably going to blow your mind here, the holocaust was kind of a big deal. I mean christ, you bitch about them adressing white supremecism because you think it's not big enough of a deal, and the alternative you suggest is the Ottoman Empire and tribal wars in Africa?? How the fuck are any of those more relevant? And what is this horseshit about "pandering and shilling"? It's pandering and shilling to say Nazis are bad? What mental gymnastics do you have to do to reach that conclusion? Does that really seem like the most likely scenario to you? You think that having a Nazi-inspired villain is some kind of pandering? You don't think it could just be because George Lucas doesn't like Nazis like the fucking majority of the world? Who would that even be pandering to? People who don't like Nazis? And how do you want me to believe making Nazis the bad guys is racist? There is fucking nothing racist about that, just like there would be nothing racist about the other two scenarios you pulled out of your ass.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.