First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
#DumpStarWars?
8926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
Reminds me of people refusing to buy Battlefield 1 just because there are some black soldiers in it.
23867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:



No.

So much no.

Nobody with more than half a braincell would have a problem with that kind of analog. It's not "pandering and shilling" it's a fucking metephor, one that has been used countless times in popular media because, and I'm probably going to blow your mind here, the holocaust was kind of a big deal. I mean christ, you bitch about them adressing white supremecism because you think it's not big enough of a deal, and the alternative you suggest is the Ottoman Empire and tribal wars in Africa?? How the fuck are any of those more relevant? And what is this horseshit about "pandering and shilling"? It's pandering and shilling to say Nazis are bad? What mental gymnastics do you have to do to reach that conclusion? Does that really seem like the most likely scenario to you? You think that having a Nazi-inspired villain is some kind of pandering? You don't think it could just be because George Lucas doesn't like Nazis like the fucking majority of the world? Who would that even be pandering to? People who don't like Nazis? And how do you want me to believe making Nazis the bad guys is racist? There is fucking nothing racist about that, just like there would be nothing racist about the other two scenarios you pulled out of your ass.

I would argue a lot of those are still relevant, but to add on your argument, CR is streaming FMA, and the Ishvalians were based on the Ainu people of Japan, whom were mistreated by most Japanese, so you know...

It wouldn't be the first time fiction has been used to outline the moral quandaries of the world, and won't be the last.
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Online
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:



No.

So much no.

Nobody with more than half a braincell would have a problem with that kind of analog. It's not "pandering and shilling" it's a fucking metephor, one that has been used countless times in popular media because, and I'm probably going to blow your mind here, the holocaust was kind of a big deal. I mean christ, you bitch about them adressing white supremecism because you think it's not big enough of a deal, and the alternative you suggest is the Ottoman Empire and tribal wars in Africa?? How the fuck are any of those more relevant? And what is this horseshit about "pandering and shilling"? It's pandering and shilling to say Nazis are bad? What mental gymnastics do you have to do to reach that conclusion? Does that really seem like the most likely scenario to you? You think that having a Nazi-inspired villain is some kind of pandering? You don't think it could just be because George Lucas doesn't like Nazis like the fucking majority of the world? Who would that even be pandering to? People who don't like Nazis? And how do you want me to believe making Nazis the bad guys is racist? There is fucking nothing racist about that, just like there would be nothing racist about the other two scenarios you pulled out of your ass.


No, it's not a metaphor. It's not a metaphor to call it a white supremacist organization. It's one thing to name that it's a racist organization. But then to directly claim it as white supremacist when they have an entire universe of races to use? Couldn't be a Sith supremacist? Or a Hutt supremacist? Get it? It doesn't work. What mental gymnastics does it take to avoid the fact that Hollywood has been pandering to special interest groups?

There is plenty fucking racist about Star Wars. Being so quick to use whites as the name of the bad guy is a racist thing. Period. So get your ass out of your head. It's farting.
1153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
^^ If you're talking about The OT and The Prequels then I would highly disagree but if you're talking about Episode 7 The Force Awakens then yes pretty much.
11630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/11/16

TheKaiserKnight wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



No.

So much no.

Nobody with more than half a braincell would have a problem with that kind of analog. It's not "pandering and shilling" it's a fucking metephor, one that has been used countless times in popular media because, and I'm probably going to blow your mind here, the holocaust was kind of a big deal. I mean christ, you bitch about them adressing white supremecism because you think it's not big enough of a deal, and the alternative you suggest is the Ottoman Empire and tribal wars in Africa?? How the fuck are any of those more relevant? And what is this horseshit about "pandering and shilling"? It's pandering and shilling to say Nazis are bad? What mental gymnastics do you have to do to reach that conclusion? Does that really seem like the most likely scenario to you? You think that having a Nazi-inspired villain is some kind of pandering? You don't think it could just be because George Lucas doesn't like Nazis like the fucking majority of the world? Who would that even be pandering to? People who don't like Nazis? And how do you want me to believe making Nazis the bad guys is racist? There is fucking nothing racist about that, just like there would be nothing racist about the other two scenarios you pulled out of your ass.


No, it's not a metaphor. It's not a metaphor to call it a white supremacist organization. It's one thing to name that it's a racist organization. But then to directly claim it as white supremacist when they have an entire universe of races to use? Couldn't be a Sith supremacist? Or a Hutt supremacist? Get it? It doesn't work. What mental gymnastics does it take to avoid the fact that Hollywood has been pandering to special interest groups?

There is plenty fucking racist about Star Wars. Being so quick to use whites as the name of the bad guy is a racist thing. Period. So get your ass out of your head. It's farting.


Making white supremacists villains= pandering special interest groups??

Yeah, fuck off and go boycott films with the rest of your idiot friends. I honestly prefer my media as far away from people like you as possible, so it works put well for everybody.
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Online
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:


TheKaiserKnight wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



No.

So much no.

Nobody with more than half a braincell would have a problem with that kind of analog. It's not "pandering and shilling" it's a fucking metephor, one that has been used countless times in popular media because, and I'm probably going to blow your mind here, the holocaust was kind of a big deal. I mean christ, you bitch about them adressing white supremecism because you think it's not big enough of a deal, and the alternative you suggest is the Ottoman Empire and tribal wars in Africa?? How the fuck are any of those more relevant? And what is this horseshit about "pandering and shilling"? It's pandering and shilling to say Nazis are bad? What mental gymnastics do you have to do to reach that conclusion? Does that really seem like the most likely scenario to you? You think that having a Nazi-inspired villain is some kind of pandering? You don't think it could just be because George Lucas doesn't like Nazis like the fucking majority of the world? Who would that even be pandering to? People who don't like Nazis? And how do you want me to believe making Nazis the bad guys is racist? There is fucking nothing racist about that, just like there would be nothing racist about the other two scenarios you pulled out of your ass.


No, it's not a metaphor. It's not a metaphor to call it a white supremacist organization. It's one thing to name that it's a racist organization. But then to directly claim it as white supremacist when they have an entire universe of races to use? Couldn't be a Sith supremacist? Or a Hutt supremacist? Get it? It doesn't work. What mental gymnastics does it take to avoid the fact that Hollywood has been pandering to special interest groups?

There is plenty fucking racist about Star Wars. Being so quick to use whites as the name of the bad guy is a racist thing. Period. So get your ass out of your head. It's farting.


Making white supremacists villains= pandering special interest groups??

Yeah, fuck off and go boycott films woth the rest of your idiot friends. I honestly prefer my media as far away from people like you as possible, so it works put well for everybody.


Claiming white supremacists as their villains in a fucking series where the black guy from the last one literally took BLM stances, is a afucking clear obvious race card being played. So no, fuck off and go back to fantasizing about how whites should all be put in camps.

Making white supremacists is racist because of the enviorment. Hollywood has an issue with whites. Especially white men. Because the past 8 years have been that way under the current political powers. Period. I honestly perfer you stop crying everytime your media isn't the mainstream. Get your media off of Hollywood.
11630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16


Are you honestly fucking accusing me of wanting to put people in death camps?

That is a very serious accusation, and one that I'll have you know I do not take lightly.
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Online
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:



Are you honestly fucking accusing me of wanting to put people in death camps?

That is a very serious accusation, and one that I'll have you know I do not take lightly.


Well when you claim that people boycott films and that people who run Star Wars right now aren't racist after the kinds of people they associate with, no one cares what you say you won't stand for. So don't act like a triggered idiot when people don't like your favorite movies, and you might have some credibility to say that people should care about your opinion.
8965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
How did white men become such fragile babies? Seriously.
23669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 12/11/16


39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

dragonlord1234 wrote:


ishe5555 wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

Darth Maul came, well before Anakin Skywalker. This was way before Darth Sidious had become the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. Darth Maul fulfilled the needs of Darth Sidious, but that was way before Anakin Skywalker was discovered by his Jedi master...

...and also way before the clone army. Darth Maul was cut in-two by Anakin's Master, way before (or just very shortly before) Anakin was brought into the Jedi Order.

Also, remember that way back in the Old Republic Era, the Sith Empire tried to save itself by finally including Alien races into, not just the Sith Empire, as equals, but also into the Sith Order. So, Aliens had been allowed into the Sith Order for almost four thousand years before Sidious took on apprentices....


Close, but you are missing that the the Sith themselves were not originally human. The Sith were a race called Sith when the Empire was first formed. There was later interbreeding with humans, but there was also a great deal pride with being pure Sith.


yep their was considering the somewhat unique genetic traits of the sith like a abnormal connection to the force its somewhat understandable they wouldn't want to risk weaken that advantage


To get around the fact that Pureblood Sith weren't Humans. Humans, who, for some reason still out maneuvered the Pureblood Sith, by ruling over them, from time to time (depending on who was the Emperor), classified Pureblood Sith as Humans.... Yeah, really. When the Sith spoke of Humans, they meant Humans and Pureblood Sith, together. Over time, Pureblood Sith strong in The Force held more sway, than actual Human Sith did, but that didn't mean they should stop watching their backs.

Darth Vindican, a Pureblood Sith, seriously let his guard down and paid for it with betrayal from his apprentice, Darth Malgus, a Human.

(For the relevant scene, start at 5:30. Or you can watch the whole clip. It's kind of cool, and cheesy, but fun to watch.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqZAO8qjQeA
Dragon
65173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
Given how often this thread is reported, and how frequently it's degenerating into excessive vulgarity, racial attacks, and personal attacks, I'm going ahead and closing it.

Anyone who has some good buddies or good enemies that they want to continue the discussion with, I'd recommend taking it to private messages.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.