First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply People on this forum need to learn how to make actual points in a real discussion
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/16
Idgaf cause I'm dope af and I never intended to have a discussion in the first place. My mental space is much more clean since I need not squander my energy and clutter myself in the form of frustration/disappointment by going in with expectations with people I have no real relationship with .
29787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16
Well what they choose to do is not up to you at the end of the day.

Plus you are hypocritical you deny truth when it is given to you at times so being annoyed people don't know how to make actual points is kinda...sad?

I'm sick and tired of hearing the word fallacies spouted out at this point to be honest it's usually the ones acting smart who can't contribute properly to a conversation or make actual points from my observations.

Posted 12/10/16 , edited 3/4/17

nanikore2 wrote:

Stop being so full of yourself. Not every post is about you and don't make this one about you either.

Do you care about logic? Do you care about "making sense"? Do you care about "making an actual point"?


I don't speak for everyone, I only speak for myself. You gave an opinion, and I gave mine. You are the one that's getting all worked up over it. Maybe some people enjoy posting nonsense and maybe others enjoy reading humorous nonsensical posts now and then.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/10/16
29787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16

octorockandroll wrote:

Teaching the people here to make actual arguments would be nice, but probably not a goal that will bar fruit, unfortunately.


When they have in the past OP has denied factual evidence and retorts and actual arguments screaming fallacy this and that.
many people have done the same also honestly i don't think there will ever be proper arguments here as people act like they know it all and nothing but their own opinion can be right \o/
33260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Dogempire wrote:






Xxanthar wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Stop being so full of yourself. Not every post is about you and don't make this one about you either.

Do you care about logic? Do you care about "making sense"? Do you care about "making an actual point"?


I don't speak for everyone, I only speak for myself. You gave an opinion, and I gave mine. You are the one that's getting all worked up over it. Maybe some people enjoy posting nonsense and maybe others enjoy reading humorous nonsensical posts now and then.


I'm not talking about nonsense. I'm talking about debates where people attempt to sway opinions. I hope I just made it clear.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/30/16

nanikore2 wrote:





21987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Learn how to argue correctly.


Is there a way to get people to read your arguments correctly? It's pretty pointless to argue correctly when people don't care to read what you post unless its in image format.
33260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Well what they choose to do is not up to you at the end of the day.

Plus you are hypocritical you deny truth when it is given to you at times so being annoyed people don't know how to make actual points is kinda...sad?

I'm sick and tired of hearing the word fallacies spouted out at this point to be honest it's usually the ones acting smart who can't contribute properly to a conversation or make actual points from my observations.



"Denying truth"? You mean the time when I pointed out to you that Quora link you posted had an invalid point because the scientist was abusing definitions? Did you read the textbook link or not?

Stop attacking my person or I will report again.


Rujikin wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

What's your point?


Learn how to argue correctly.


Is there a way to get people to read your arguments correctly? It's pretty pointless to argue correctly when people don't care to read what you post unless its in image format.


If they can even start with such an effort when they debate,, we'd be most of the way there already.
Posted 12/10/16


I'd like to see some raw examples pulled off CR.
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Some of these discussions are not "open discussion" where anything goes but where people are attempting to make points in an effort to convince others. If people choose to make points, do it right.


Please, do tell me in more intricate detail about such discussions. I have yet to see any discussions where "convincing" is involved. You do realize that most of these "discussions" are subjectively based, right? It's usually people expressing a sentiment, and then seeing if fellow CR members agree. I'm not sure what specific discussions you're referring to. Keep in mind that I haven't been present on this site nearly as long as you, my friend. I haven't really explored the forums all that much. In any case, none of the discussions that I've partaken in have convinced me of anything. I mean, I haven't changed my stances on any issues because I was convinced or swayed a different direction. Also, I think a little attempted convincing isn't necessarily a bad thing. Although it would require that a person's points are objective fact, logical, or simply agreeable.
33260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Potentsaliva wrote:

Idgaf cause I'm dope af and I never intended to have a discussion in the first place. My mental space is much more clean since I need not squander my energy and clutter myself in the form of frustration/disappointment by going in with expectations with people I have no real relationship with .


Next time, try 11 forum pages straight (in a single thread) of what I'm talking about. Then come back and talk about how clean your mental space gets.


Ununoctium wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Ununoctium wrote:

I agree with what you're saying. However, it lacks any practicality. I highly doubt that people will "learn to make actual points" on their own volition. It's open discussion, and as such proper online arguments are few and far between. Besides, most of the discussions here are engaging regardless.


Some of these discussions are not "open discussion" where anything goes but where people are attempting to make points in an effort to convince others. If people choose to make points, do it right.


Please, do tell me in more intricate detail about such discussions. I have yet to see any discussions where "convincing" is involved. You do realize that most of these "discussions" are subjectively based, right? It's usually people expressing a sentiment, and then seeing if fellow CR members agree. I'm not sure what specific discussions you're referring to. Keep in mind that I haven't been present on this site nearly as long as you, my friend. I haven't really explored the forums all that much. In any case, none of the discussions that I've partaken in have convinced me of anything. I mean, I haven't changed my stances on any issues because I was convinced or swayed a different direction. Also, I think a little attempted convincing isn't necessarily a bad thing. Although it would require that a person's points are objective fact, logical, or simply agreeable.


The link is right in the OP. I don't think you bothered reading the post.
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Next time, try 11 forum pages straight (in a single thread) of what I'm talking about. Then come back and talk about how clean your mental space gets.


Yeah but I'm better than you pleb, get on my level
33260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Potentsaliva wrote:

Yeah but I'm better than you pleb, get on my level


I don't lower my level. I simply report people when they try derailing the discussion.
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

I don't lower my level. I simply report people when they try derailing the discussion.


Still ain't on my level fam
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.