First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply People on this forum need to learn how to make actual points in a real discussion
33428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/31/16

aeb0717 wrote:

Wait... Are people not allowed to post pictures anymore, and aren't supposed to respond semi-jokingly? I'm confused about the reported posts.



Anyway; it's unreasonable to expect formal debates in informal settings.


Attempts to derail conversation.
Posted 12/10/16
This is why I like answering Qualeshia threads.

Her threads are nice.
33428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16

starshots wrote:

This is why I like answering Qualeshia threads.

Her threads are nice.


Her threads aren't debates where people are attempting to sway opinions.
30934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Also it wasn't an invalid point as many people pointed out to you but that is a seperate conversation i do not wish to spike because i don't want to deal with ignorance by choice.


I answered all of your points and all of their points.

READ. THE. POST.

Here it is again:


Last but definitely NOT least, because so many people have used this on me:

5. "I proved you wrong already!" (...NO. I already stated rejoinders and/or counterarguments in response)

Just because you offered a counterargument doesn't mean you 'proved" anything. The response to another counterargument isn't "I proved it!" or "many other people in the thread proved it too!" but to provide a better point which is superior in quality (e.g. in logic, in explanatory power, in substantiation, et cetera) to the previous point in the argument. When you have one answer, that's not the end! Be prepared for another answer from the other side.

Some people in this forum clearly do not understand what a "proof" is, or what a counterargument is.

The worst example of this was when someone pasted a Quora link to some neuroscientist making a claim counter to mine. I subsequently posted a link to a textbook explaining how that samesaid scientist misused the terms under discussion which rendered his point useless. Then the CR user kept saying over and over how "I have proved you wrong! Others in the forums have proved you wrong! I already showed you (with that link with the bad argument) that you're wrong! It's useless for anyone to argue with you!"

That wasn't the first or last time it has happened.



You didn't prove anything either you asserted a theory that is just a theory and deny anything that goes against it even when it is valid

i said i didn't want to bring it up again "but that is a seperate conversation i do not wish to spike because i don't want to deal with ignorance by choice."i just felt like pointing out the hypocrisy and its cringy seeing you dance around the word "Fallacy" to make everything you say right even when it's wrong.


Again if pointing out hypocrisy is reason to report me for attacking you then be offended and report me i don't honestly care.
at the end of the day it's just making you look bad and like a child if you do so.

I have said all i wanted to here as i merely wanted to point out the hypocrisy on you posting this try having a proper discussion for once then people will have one with you.

30934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Attempts to derail conversation.


No she was merely asking a great and proper question.
she was not attempting to derail the conversation she merely wanted to know why people were being reported.

any derailing was not an attempt anyone can see that.
33428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

No she was merely asking a great and proper question.
she was not attempting to derail the conversation she merely wanted to know why people were being reported.

any derailing was not an attempt anyone can see that.


I was talking about the replies with only pictures
30934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

I was talking about the replies with only pictures


oh my bad but ...this is a forum people post pictures as responses to how they feel about threads.

it's nothing new nor is it bannable.
33428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

You didn't prove anything either you asserted a theory that is just a theory and deny anything that goes against it even when it is valid

i said i didn't want to bring it up again "but that is a seperate conversation i do not wish to spike because i don't want to deal with ignorance by choice."i just felt like pointing out the hypocrisy and its cringy seeing you dance around the word "Fallacy" to make everything you say right even when it's wrong.

Again if pointing out hypocrisy is reason to report me for attacking you then be offended and report me i don't honestly care.
at the end of the day it's just making you look bad and like a child if you do so.

I have said all i wanted to here as i merely wanted to point out the hypocrisy on you posting this try having a proper discussion for once then people will have one with you.



No. I provided proper argument in support of the theory.

You are the hypocritical one. Not accepting the counter-argumentation, you simply cried foul.
3465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/10/16

well then.............




33428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

oh my bad but ...this is a forum people post pictures as responses to how they feel about threads.

it's nothing new nor is it bannable.


Talks from mods seldom results in bans.

Please refrain from further metatopics in this thread.
30934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

No. I provided proper argument in support of the theory.

You are the hypocritical one. Not accepting the counter-argumentation, you simply cried foul.


So did the person i linked.

I'm not being hypocritical the counter argument you gave wasn't valid.
But as i said then you are welcome to your opinion on theoretical things.

Also i may point out.

"but that is a seperate conversation i do not wish to spike because i don't want to deal with ignorance by choice"
30934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Talks from mods seldom results in bans.

Please refrain from further metatopics in this thread.


33428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

So did the person i linked.

I'm not being hypocritical the counter argument you gave wasn't valid.
But as i said then you are welcome to your opinion on theoretical things.

Also i may point out.

"but that is a seperate conversation i do not wish to spike because i don't want to deal with ignorance by choice"


The person on Quora misused definitions.

I have provided proper counterarguments to other people in the thread.
30934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

nanikore2 wrote:

The person on Quora misused definitions.

I have provided proper counterarguments to other people in the thread.


that is your opinion i disagree with that but you are welcome to it.
now you wanna drop this as i do remember writing "but that is a seperate conversation i do not wish to spike because i don't want to deal with ignorance by choice."
33428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

that is your opinion i disagree with that but you are welcome to it.
now you wanna drop this as i do remember writing "but that is a seperate conversation i do not wish to spike because i don't want to deal with ignorance by choice."


So you disagree with a textbook definition? Please elaborate.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.