First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Rumored Hunter x Hunter update, thoughts on Togashi's exit and the Manga continuation?
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/16/16
Who cares really Hunter x Hunter is overrated as hell it's absence wasn't felt even after the 2011 anime concluded. Just another mainstream shonen that hasn't had the chance to turn into complete shit.
36552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
lol clickbait sites
300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

GoldCrusader wrote:

Wasn't it Sui Ishia that did that one-shot prequel about Hisoka? How did that turn out?


Yes.

Also this is obvious clickbait. Though I wouldn't might if Togashi stopped doing art entirely and just wrote the story.
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/11/16
I gave up on Hunter X Hunter, because it was obvious Togashi gave up after I read his last handful of chapters, before he quit yet again.
12117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

Xxanthar wrote:

I gave up on Hunter X Hunter, because it was obvious Togashi gave up after I read his last handful of chapters, before he quit yet again.


To be fair to him though, it's not really giving up as much as not being able to keep up, isn't it? I just feel like long-standing health problems are kind of an extenuating circumstance.
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

I gave up on Hunter X Hunter, because it was obvious Togashi gave up after I read his last handful of chapters, before he quit yet again.


To be fair to him though, it's not really giving up as much as not being able to keep up, isn't it? I just feel like long-standing health problems are kind of an extenuating circumstance.


I though that I read his heath problems were mainly due to a bad back. I don't know why he just doesn't write the story, and draw up a quick story board every couple weeks and let others do the time consuming art. To be honest his artwork was not that great anyway.
12117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16


The thing with back problems, serious ones anyway, is they typically take quite some time to fix. Plus I think we can agree that there are numerous aspects of his mental health that aren't at their acme given what we know of what working in the manga industry is like. As for letting someone else do the art... Well I already spent way too much time writing down my thoughts on that on the first page so I think I better just leave it at that. I guess we'll just have to disagree on the art though.



I think it's awesome.
2429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:

Honestly, I mean no disrespect to Sui Ishida, but I don't really think anyone is able to write HunterxHunter except Togashi. The world he created has so much direction and personality, with so many elements that stand out completely, but yet all feel like they fit together, that I don't see someone other than the original author being able to live up to the standard. It would be like if someone else took over doing One Piece, it's unlikely it would work out.

Honestly I would just prefer to have Togashi take the time off that he needs and coming back to the manga when he feels ready. I don't care if it takes years, it's what's best for the story imo.


This is very true in aspects, but from what I know he has been Togashi's assistant previously and i'm sure it would follow more or less the direction that Togashi was wanting to conduct. Also, pardon for me neglecting the fact that a handful of this is speculations and rumors, I guess I was just too excited in hearing about the series resuming ^^
476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
there is absolutely no way this article is true, but if it was I would be really disappointed. I'd rather have HxH never come back than have it done by Ishida. His art in Tokyo Ghoul is virtually incomprehensible and his writing is all over the place. Not to mention that no one could make Hunter x Hunter what it is but Togashi.
1211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Republic of Lakotah
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/12/16
I'm hoping this is all nonsense because Hisoka's one shot origin story and Tokyo Ghoul are shit but so is Togashi's long ass hiatuses.
12117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/12/16

salamisama wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Honestly, I mean no disrespect to Sui Ishida, but I don't really think anyone is able to write HunterxHunter except Togashi. The world he created has so much direction and personality, with so many elements that stand out completely, but yet all feel like they fit together, that I don't see someone other than the original author being able to live up to the standard. It would be like if someone else took over doing One Piece, it's unlikely it would work out.

Honestly I would just prefer to have Togashi take the time off that he needs and coming back to the manga when he feels ready. I don't care if it takes years, it's what's best for the story imo.


This is very true in aspects, but from what I know he has been Togashi's assistant previously and i'm sure it would follow more or less the direction that Togashi was wanting to conduct. Also, pardon for me neglecting the fact that a handful of this is speculations and rumors, I guess I was just too excited in hearing about the series resuming ^^


No harm done, but I don't think Ishida being a previous assistant will make him an equivalent replacement. Look at Naruto. Most fans agree that when that series started to go down in quality is also when Ikimoto appears to have become more involved, and that was still Kishimoto leading the project. Imagine how much worse it would be if he flat out took over.
2429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16

octorockandroll wrote:


salamisama wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Honestly, I mean no disrespect to Sui Ishida, but I don't really think anyone is able to write HunterxHunter except Togashi. The world he created has so much direction and personality, with so many elements that stand out completely, but yet all feel like they fit together, that I don't see someone other than the original author being able to live up to the standard. It would be like if someone else took over doing One Piece, it's unlikely it would work out.

Honestly I would just prefer to have Togashi take the time off that he needs and coming back to the manga when he feels ready. I don't care if it takes years, it's what's best for the story imo.


This is very true in aspects, but from what I know he has been Togashi's assistant previously and i'm sure it would follow more or less the direction that Togashi was wanting to conduct. Also, pardon for me neglecting the fact that a handful of this is speculations and rumors, I guess I was just too excited in hearing about the series resuming ^^


No harm done, but I don't think Ishida being a previous assistant will make him an equivalent replacement. Look at Naruto. Most fans agree that when that series started to go down in quality is also when Ikimoto appears to have become more involved, and that was still Kishimoto leading the project. Imagine how much worse it would be if he flat out took over.


Aye, it would. Well, we can hope for the best on behalf of whatever may be in favor for it, I have trust in it.
300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/12/16

SailorSam wrote:

there is absolutely no way this article is true, but if it was I would be really disappointed. I'd rather have HxH never come back than have it done by Ishida. His art in Tokyo Ghoul is virtually incomprehensible and his writing is all over the place. Not to mention that no one could make Hunter x Hunter what it is but Togashi.





AnActualArtist wrote:

I'm hoping this is all nonsense because Hisoka's one shot origin story and Tokyo Ghoul are shit but so is Togashi's long ass hiatuses.


Tokyo Ghoul, shit? WHAT.

Also, I always wondered what happens to assistants when the author goes on hiatus? Do they draw for people or what?
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
lol thats an interesting rumor
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

FMB-24 wrote:

Yah the guy that does not even have/like/let assistance help with his manga is going to let someone take over his longest and most popular work? Togashi would rather die and let it get axed then let that happen. He is by far the most prideful and stubborn manga creator out there. If something like this was going to happen they would get some to draw it not write and draw. I would like to see Kubo do it since he has nothing to do.... but never going to happen because Togashi is never going to let anyone have hunter


Yeh because Kubo didn't ruin his own creation or anything lets let him ruin a better creation.


TheNextCr7 wrote:

Who cares really Hunter x Hunter is overrated as hell it's absence wasn't felt even after the 2011 anime concluded. Just another mainstream shonen that hasn't had the chance to turn into complete shit.


Your bait is too obvious.




Yes but they are also much longer and colored (mostly colored anyway)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.