Post Reply Questions about Gundam
47815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 12/11/16
There is just something I've been wondering. I'm watching Gundam Wing and I'm still a little loss.


The Earth Sphere Alliance. What is their main objective and who is their enemy? Do the ESA(Earth Sphere Alliance) hates the colonies or not? Someone has to explain this to me. I'm loss as to what the ESA wants to do.

Does the other Gundam series uses the ESA as well or something similar? Can someone please explain this to me?

What do you think?
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16
Well your first mistake was watching Gundam Wing.

And to answer your other question, no, Gundam Wing is the first series to take place in the After Colony calendar.

And yeah, the earth is at war with the colonies, all of them. The colonies created the gundams in order to fight their adversary. I think their objective is to subjugate the colonies and bend them to their will, but I really don't care. You're better off watching other Gundam shows.
47815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:

Well your first mistake was watching Gundam Wing.

And to answer your other question, no, Gundam Wing is the first series to take place in the After Colony calendar.

And yeah, the earth is at war with the colonies, all of them. The colonies created the gundams in order to fight their adversary. I think their objective is to subjugate the colonies and bend them to their will, but I really don't care. You're better off watching other Gundam shows.




I'm sorry about that.

Which other Gundams will better help me understand? I tried my hardest to get into the originals but it was a challenge. I can try again but it's tough work.

11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/11/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Well your first mistake was watching Gundam Wing.

And to answer your other question, no, Gundam Wing is the first series to take place in the After Colony calendar.

And yeah, the earth is at war with the colonies, all of them. The colonies created the gundams in order to fight their adversary. I think their objective is to subjugate the colonies and bend them to their will, but I really don't care. You're better off watching other Gundam shows.




I'm sorry about that.

Which other Gundams will better help me understand? I tried my hardest to get into the originals but it was a challenge. I can try again but it's tough work.



Well normally I would have recommended the UC timeline, but why not just watch Iron-Blooded Orphans? If you start now you can get caught up to witness the finale as it haooens.
47815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 12/11/16

octorockandroll wrote:

Well normally I would have recommended the UC timeline, but why not just watch Iron-Blooded Orphans? If you start now you can get caught up to witness the finale as it haooens.



Alright then.
9933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa, but station...
Offline
Posted 12/13/16
I'd say just finish watching Gundam Wing

In general every Gundam series is a conflict between Earth and Space

Earth sort of tries to govern everyone
Space wants to cut ties with Earth

In the original gundam series, Earth develops a mobile suit made of GUNDAManium in space and uses it to fight against the Zeon (Space) because they don't have mobile suits that can compete.
Which is sort of the same thing in Gundam Wing . . XD

Vempy 
22101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/13/16
Shameless plug for my favourite Gundam series:

Watch Gundam SEED. <3

47815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 12/13/16

Vempy wrote:

Shameless plug for my favourite Gundam series:

Watch Gundam SEED. <3



I've seen it already.
8997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 12/13/16
Iron Blooded Orphans has Gjallarhorn, however, it is corrupt.
2894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/14/16
Really the original is the ground work for all the gundam shows that follow and it is the biggest part. But I would have to agree with above, finish watching wing, and if you want play catch up on IBO.
You must be logged in to post.