First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply The Trump Way
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/13/16
The full interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lysx7s9ocJU

After the interview. The post interview program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xymMDhm7U

"Mr. Trump is not impressed with that technicality...." That is, that Mr. Obama is still President... (LOL)

This is a really good show. We get to see an honest interview, so that we can weigh in intelligently on Trump's own words. And followed up by a tough analysis of what it means...

So.... What should we take away from that?

EDIT:

Here's what I think... Sure, he cares if his children do well in running his businesses from here on out.... But he's got a new phase in his own personal life to focus on. He has just become the leader of the Free World. He has just become a World Leader. He has just got something "new to do" in his life.

I really think he's going to focus on succeeding in being a great president... That is going to be his focus. A new challenge faces him. He wants to take this challenge and test himself against it. I like what he said about generals... "Generals have passed the test of life. That's why they became generals." For him... This is the ultimate test of life. He wants to leave this world with the ultimate accomplishment in history. This is his new game/focus/challenge.

At 70 years old, he's done it all - except rule the world.... I think he's given himself limits. He wants to "Make America Great Again..." But if he lifts up the world along the way.... That would be a bonus...
68304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16
Finally someone is positive....

I keep hearing CNN freaking out about Russia stealing the DNC's emails... and releasing them to the public.....

But yet CNN doesnt give a flip about the content of those emails which show illegal behavior.... I hope they prosecute Clinton...

Maybe now the federal government will start following the laws and allow average Americans to make and seek decent livings. Ship the god dang raping illegals back home... build a wall..... and... make it possible for small businesses to be competitive.. ie lower taxes
51606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
Lower taxes != making small businesses competitive. Lowering taxes on the wealthy just allows them to accumulate more wealth.
Ejanss 
16415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16

DeadlyOats wrote:
I like what he said about generals... "Generals have passed the test of life. That's why they became generals."


Unnnn-less they get too big of an ego, start ignoring the Constitution, and get kicked out like MacArthur, of course...But that tends to be the exception.

Actually serving in the Army helps with the promotion, too.
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16
I tell you what! Whether he succeeds or fails, he will have set the bar so damned high, that any succeeding president, from here on out, will have to be proactive and actually be leaders....

Trump is blazing his OWN PATH! He is making HIS OWN TRAIL! He is actually leading... And of this date.... He isn't even president, yet... That makes Obama's lame duck presidency even lamer than ever....

DAMN, IS OBAMA LAME!!! (-a lame duck...)
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

I tell you what! Whether he succeeds or fails, he will have set the bar so damned high, that any succeeding president, from here on out, will have to be proactive and actually be leaders....


The problem I have with this is that there haven't been any real signs that Trump is being proactive. Most of his major moves so far have been under the guidance/direction of Pence (who handled most of the negotiations for the Carrier situation, despite Trump exaggerating the numbers a little bit). The biggest concern I have about Trump is that he refuses to have the standard briefings that a President has always been responsible for taking onto their shoulders. I understand that he's used to being a CEO of a business, but the movement of businesses happens a bit slower than that of US politics - one overlooked detail can bring about a war or conflict.

He criticizes anyone that disagrees with him, on a personal level. This is another thing I disagree with in how he handles himself (president or not). Just because intelligence communities are pointing out that the Russians may have impacted our election, he throws a temper tantrum and attacks the messenger (rather than the source of the issue altogether). He should be outraged that any foreign body has impacted any of our election, whether it was for or against him. He's not prosecuting Clinton, that much he's said tenfold. It was a "good talking point during the election trail" - he had no intention of locking her up, or prosecuting her or even hiring someone to investigate the situation any further.

Trump doesn't make his own path, so far. He's been just idling around and saying more than doing. He's just another lame duck president like most of them have been.
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16

ninjitsuko wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

I tell you what! Whether he succeeds or fails, he will have set the bar so damned high, that any succeeding president, from here on out, will have to be proactive and actually be leaders....


The problem I have with this is that there haven't been any real signs that Trump is being proactive. Most of his major moves so far have been under the guidance/direction of Pence (who handled most of the negotiations for the Carrier situation, despite Trump exaggerating the numbers a little bit). The biggest concern I have about Trump is that he refuses to have the standard briefings that a President has always been responsible for taking onto their shoulders. I understand that he's used to being a CEO of a business, but the movement of businesses happens a bit slower than that of US politics - one overlooked detail can bring about a war or conflict.

He criticizes anyone that disagrees with him, on a personal level. This is another thing I disagree with in how he handles himself (president or not). Just because intelligence communities are pointing out that the Russians may have impacted our election, he throws a temper tantrum and attacks the messenger (rather than the source of the issue altogether). He should be outraged that any foreign body has impacted any of our election, whether it was for or against him. He's not prosecuting Clinton, that much he's said tenfold. It was a "good talking point during the election trail" - he had no intention of locking her up, or prosecuting her or even hiring someone to investigate the situation any further.

Trump doesn't make his own path, so far. He's been just idling around and saying more than doing. He's just another lame duck president like most of them have been.


You are clueless... First of all... as of this date, he isn't even president, yet. But the corporations are already swinging to his toon! Secondly, the real president, Obama, has been shut up. He can't do anything because he knows it'll be undone. Thirdly, Trump is making his own rules as he goes. I can't remember a president that has thought so fucking outside of the fucking box as this guy has done in all of my life! He is either going to Make America Great Again, or take us down in a freakin' blaze of fucking glory!

I think he's taking this seriously, so I think he'll make us great again....
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

You are clueless... First of all... as of this date, he isn't even president, yet. But the corporations are already swinging to his toon! Secondly, the real president, Obama, has been shut up. He can't do anything because he knows it'll be undone. Thirdly, Trump is making his own rules as he goes. I can't remember a president that has thought so fucking outside of the fucking box as this guy has done in all of my life! He is either going to Make America Great Again, or take us down in a freakin' blaze of fucking glory!

I think he's taking this seriously, so I think he'll make us great again....


Maybe I am clueless. One moment you're stating that he's the best president to date and that it'll make all subsequential presidents have to "up their game" -- the next you're criticizing me and stating that he's not even president yet? Make up your mind, man.

The current POTUS has been silenced, yes. This is pretty much what happens every time when there's a political shift (from Democrat to Republican and vice versa), so that's nothing new. I think your bias is causing you to have too much hope for Trump. I don't think he's taking it seriously at all, at least not from his current actions as the President-Elect. I'm still open to wait to see how he acts during his actual time as POTUS.

I would disagree with the notion that he's "swinging corporations to his toon" when he's basically just paying them or offering them subsidizing cuts to aid in his bottom line - money begets money. Nobody knows what promises have been made or how much it's going to impact the federal budget just yet.

In other words: Please practice what you preach. Otherwise, you're just as "clueless" as I am, duder.
83698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16

MadBovine wrote:

Lower taxes != making small businesses competitive. Lowering taxes on the wealthy just allows them to accumulate more wealth.


Actually, yes, lower taxes do help make small businesses competitive. They don't have the luxury of shipping their labor off to a country that doesn't have such high taxes. But what helps small businesses even more is the other thing he said he was going to do, which is decreasing regulation. If extraneous regulation is removed it makes it easier to start up and maintain a small business. Regulations are choking the life out of small businesses right now. Key regulations that keep corporations from exploiting people and the financial system need to be kept, but you have no idea how regulated US businesses are.
qwueri 
19994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
The first youtube link was removed by the user.

Trump likes to talk in big, vague terms designed to have his supporters fill in the blanks on what constitutes "Make America Great Again." He got the office through being big and loud, and he doesn't seem to be about to change that anytime soon. I wouldn't count spending Indiana's tax dollars on a half-measure and stepping on China's toes as great accomplishments. The real test is going to begin when his cabinet appointments are up for confirmation. Until then, all he's going to accomplish is bluster.
Posted 12/12/16
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16

ninjitsuko wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

You are clueless... First of all... as of this date, he isn't even president, yet. But the corporations are already swinging to his toon! Secondly, the real president, Obama, has been shut up. He can't do anything because he knows it'll be undone. Thirdly, Trump is making his own rules as he goes. I can't remember a president that has thought so fucking outside of the fucking box as this guy has done in all of my life! He is either going to Make America Great Again, or take us down in a freakin' blaze of fucking glory!

I think he's taking this seriously, so I think he'll make us great again....


Maybe I am clueless. One moment you're stating that he's the best president to date and that it'll make all subsequential presidents have to "up their game" -- the next you're criticizing me and stating that he's not even president yet? Make up your mind, man.

The current POTUS has been silenced, yes. This is pretty much what happens every time when there's a political shift (from Democrat to Republican and vice versa), so that's nothing new. I think your bias is causing you to have too much hope for Trump. I don't think he's taking it seriously at all, at least not from his current actions as the President-Elect. I'm still open to wait to see how he acts during his actual time as POTUS.

I would disagree with the notion that he's "swinging corporations to his toon" when he's basically just paying them or offering them subsidizing cuts to aid in his bottom line - money begets money. Nobody knows what promises have been made or how much it's going to impact the federal budget just yet.

In other words: Please practice what you preach. Otherwise, you're just as "clueless" as I am, duder.


Sorry for calling you clueless.

This is the best statement I've seen anyone make in a while. To paraphrase you, "Let's give him a chance to prove himself."

I've never seen any president elect "actively lead" while they were president elect. Trump is already sending signals and doing a little here, saying a little there, and it's having huge effects. TPP and TTIP both died, just because Trump got elected. Obama even tried to get TTP restarted, but nobody bit.

Japan is scrambling because TPP got killed. They had been making internal policy changes to be ready for TPP, and now they're left in the lurch, because TPP isn't going to happen.

The markets changed big time. The stock markets were crashing as trillions were pulled from certain stocks, and put into precious metals, and then the market rebounded with investments going into a totally different set of stocks. For example, investments in alternate energy businesses have taken a hit, but investments in American coal and oil, is going up. Because the stock market is anticipating Trump will make coal and oil energy exploration in the U.S. viable again.

All of that, and more. Just for getting elected, and he isn't even president, yet. He's sent a very clear message to China, when he answered that phone call from the president of Taiwan. Russia has stopped saying war-like things at the U.S., just because Trump got elected (We'd probably be shooting each other's fighter jets out of the sky over Syria by now, if Clinton got elected).

Many countries around the world were working towards certain policy changes, thinking Hillary was going to be president, but when Trump got elected, they all stopped and are now re-evaluating their policy changes.

That is a lot of power and influence that Trump has exerted, without being president, yet.

But in the end. We really do need to wait and see what happens, when he gets into office - officially.
Posted 12/12/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

Sorry for calling you clueless.

This is the best statement I've seen anyone make in a while. To paraphrase you, "Let's give him a chance to prove himself."

But in the end. We really do need to wait and see what happens, when he gets into office - officially.


To clarify, I'm fairly Anti-Trump in how he's managed things so far. At the same time, I'm not the alarmist type that's running around screaming that he's going to be the end of civilization in the United States for some reason or another.

What it boils down to is: nobody has enough facts about Trump at this time to formulate whether he's presently or will do(ing) a good job at whatever state he's in (President-Elect/President). A lot of the comments you've added between these two statements are very similar to the comments made by the Democrats during Obama's first election. The "thrill" of the win of an election when the person "you" voted for finally won - (political shifts) comes with a lot of moments where you feel that the first year after they're elected that they're doing the greatest possible job known in history. This has happened with each pivot between Republican and Democratic parties in the POTUS election (even more so when Congress follows suit).

In terms of political parties, I'm apathetic towards them all. My complaints against Trump is that his present actions seem to indicate that he has little interest in taking on the full role of POTUS (still staying an executive producer on "Celebrity Apprentice", not going to daily security briefings.. for example) and that his personality is boisterous and arrogant (without justified cause). Does this mean that there's 0% chance that he'll do some good for the United States? Of course not. These are just my personal views on his personality at this time. That's where the "there's always a chance for him to prove himself" comes from. Do I have high hopes? Honestly, no. But again, I accept that this is my own bias based off of my perception of his actions so far. I'm willing to wait and see what happens from here on out.

With that said, I'm still fully allowed to be skeptical of his current actions as President-Elect. We have four years of Trump, one way or another. Democrats may strive to find ways around having to deal with it but it's not a possible move on anyone's part to prevent it from happening. So all anyone can do is sit back and watch to see what happens in the first two years of his position - then begin the decision as to whether or not the country wants to continue in that realm.

I do find it a bit optimistic and (forgive me for saying this) a bit silly to assume that he's the "greatest to have come to the office" when he hasn't even taken the position as of yet. A lot of the aspects you've mentioned about foreign policy came from our mainstream media feeding information on an international level that didn't come to be proven correct (see: Trump winning and not Clinton) and so a lot of policies had to be readjusted. Trump's economic stance has been proven to be a bad idea on a state-level over the past six years (see: Kansas) - but, it might actually benefit the country as a whole, who knows?

I was/am a firm supporter of TPP because of what it meant in terms of international trading - but I can understand the skepticism and abhorrent views against it as well (I've read just about any potential counter to the TPP that you can think of). This comes to no surprise to me because I used to work at The Brookings Institute as a research analyst.

TL;DR: We shall see what happens, one way or another. Just try not to jump to the sky at everything Trump does that you agree with. At this time we have no clue what the repercussions or bonuses of these actions will be. Just like with Obama, one must be cautious and keep an eye on how these things impact not just America (USA) but the rest of the world as well.

Ejanss 
16415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16
And now it's suggested that most of Trump's big loonier double-down "shocking revelation" money-lines during the campaign--"Obama invented ISIS!" "Hillary's e-mails were treason!" "A Clinton administration will start WWIII!"--were flat-out parroting Putin's own anti-American propaganda to the Russian press.

Not so much because Trump was "Putin's puppet", working in clandestine ties with the Russian red-star to undermine our democracy in Russia's favor, but because...he's a politically naive dimwit who believes absolutely anything more politically-experienced people tell him in confidence, especially if it's on some non-press media like Twitter, and then doubles-down to defend them to the death for personal reasons--Like, a mortal terror of ever being proclaimed "wrong".

That's the Trump Way: It's called "Being a clueless, gullible patsy".
3696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16
there is no hope for trump, but hopefully US could take their act together next time.
Also don't make trump give stuff to the russians... then he would just beg for war.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.