First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
How do you react when you hear someone say "beta/alpha male"
Posted 12/12/16
I've found that those who concern themselves with alpha/beta status are generally the ones most insecure about their status as a "potential alpha" or believe they're experiencing issues because they're a "meek beta". It's an insecurity complex that men seem to be going through nowadays because they believe that the animal kingdom dynamics apply to the broken sociological-based labels that they're being assigned.

Basically: If you use phrases like "beta", "alpha", "cucks", "red pill", "blue pill" or anything of the sort - you're pretty insecure about yourself or those around you for some reason or another.
46877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16
I don't react to it.
33028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
If people want to be zoo animals instead of human beings belonging in human society, then let them.
1153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
Ignore it (I have too many problems to worry about than their trivial bullshit terms and labels).
401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
My reaction is pure indifference. I've become far too jaded with all of this societal gibberish, and I just don't really care anymore. I use SJW quite often though as way to describe the delusions of self-righteous people. The terms beta and alpha are just ridiculous. It's just men labeling each other to feed their superiority complexes. The whole notion is moronic, and it's apparent to me that those who believe in it have a strong desire to validate themselves. It's all quite sad, really. A male's individuality isn't meant to be societally categorized, nor is a woman's. Identity ought to be more self-directed, really. Labels limit such self-direction as it would seem. Although this is just my opinion.
699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
To be honest, the first thing I think of is that bizarre fanfic trope with humans going into heat and having knots.

The second thing I think is 'oh lord, next he's going to tell me about how it's misandrist that he can't hit women' and excuse myself from the conversation before my eyes roll out of their sockets. Usually that's for the best.
15100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16
Immediately stop listening to or caring what they have to say about anything, because it's pretty clear nothing they have to say is worth hearing.
6580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/12/16
what i often associate with the term beta male/female when it comes to humans is people who are in a bad relationship usually with a person or group and let that person or group abuse them and they do nothing about it they don't try and get them to stop or simply just leave. though in so cases i also consider abusers to be what some people would call beta they have such a high level of isnecurity and such that they try and bring others to their level.

alpha i generally just think as people with confidence which isn't a bad thing unless they let their ego be too big as a result
788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In a dumpster wit...
Offline
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/16/16

MopZ wrote:


TheKaiserKnight wrote:


MopZ wrote:

Toxic masculinity addled man-child. I really can't think of any other way to describe the whole alpha/beta humans concept, because I have no idea of how else to describe it.


Then clearly you don't know what being a beta is. Being a cuck on the other hand is a bit overused to the point of ridiculousness.


Is it a alpha/beta variant of the Dom/Sub fetish, or the reference to humans having Alpha males/females controlling a pack like wild animals just as an excuse for posturing.


Alpha, in human terms, is someone who is capable of leading himself and others when relied on, and doesn't need anyone's approval, or an altruistic reason, to pull out 120% into everything he does. A man who can perform that well for himself as well as others is what most would consider an alpha. A beta is technically a follower. A beta cuck is a male feminist variant who follows women because he thinks it's how to be a good man. That somehow, he's at fault for everything, and they do tend to be male Feminists with that stupid toxic mascunlinity nonsense.

People don't go around saying toxic femininity. So how is it that masculinity is toxic? It's what helped build everything in society that you use today. So usually, only beta cucks or people who don't know anything about it tend to call any form of gender norms toxic. It's not really a bad thing for someone to be called a beta cuck if they're blaming themselves for a failed relationship regardless of why it ended, and they just mope about as if they're the epitome of shit.

A man with real confidence is what the opposite of a beta cuck is. A man who's confident only when trying to please a woman by white knighting her from any negative opinions about her, is a cuck. They tend to think it makes them good people to white knight. And cucks tend to be the kind of people who try to please every woman. They white knight, but they say how women are so naturally strong. Yet they don't seem to have the same opinion of men for the stupidest of reasons. So it's clear winning vagina approval is the only thing on their mind. That makes them a beta cuck. They follow women just for vagina approval. and don't have the balls to bite back against a bitch for using him up, and just pretend like it's their own fault.



Ryulightorb wrote: There is nothing wrong with not being friends with many guys.
I have only a few male friends because i feel more comfortable around women and can understand them better.

You can pick and choose your friends i did so with mine others can also.

Nothing wrong with having all female friends



No, actually there is. If you claim you just like making friends, and then proceed to actively choose to have VERY few male friends, then boom. You're not looking for friends. You're looking for women to be in the friend zone with. You can't claim you're making friends if you deny potential friends. you don't get to choose who's a better friend based on gender. That's called actual sexism.

So no, you can't pretend like actively looking for VERY few male friends, as if being male is a horrible thing, isn't being a beta cuck.
Posted 12/12/16
I usually just laugh or roll my eyes and move on. They're just more negative labels to stick on people.

Everyone is judgemental on some level. Anyone who says they aren't is lying.
Posted 12/12/16 , edited 12/12/16
I cringe. Misappropriating pack dynamics. I guess that it's "cool" to grossly misuse the terms, but, for f*ck's sake, betas are second-in-command who commonly overthrow alphas and claim the position for themselves. Omegas are the low-ranked pack members who rarely move up.
20536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
I don't like the alpha/beta labels either. Might as well call people bully/prey.

But I will say this: Look people in the eye when you talk. That simple thing makes a big difference in your demeanor.
Posted 12/12/16

zangeif123 wrote:

But I will say this: Look people in the eye when you talk. That simple thing makes a big difference in your demeanor.


What if the person that you are talking to is cross-eyed or has that crusty gunk in the corner of their eyes? That would be distracting and disturbing to look at.
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/12/16
really. ppl have a issue with this? in nature there is a hierarchy, alphas are at the top betas are lower, usually alphas reproduce more, because the female is more receptive to it and thinks that the alpha has good genes to pass on,

as humans we have a superiority complex and think we don't have some sort of system as well even tho we are animals too
as a female I find in shape males more attractive than someone who is over 200 pounds

yes yes not all human females want to have offspring but a lot, like me do, and generally subconciouslly our minds are wired to think of it
20536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 12/12/16

Xxanthar wrote:


zangeif123 wrote:

But I will say this: Look people in the eye when you talk. That simple thing makes a big difference in your demeanor.


What if the person that you are talking to is cross-eyed or has that crusty gunk in the corner of their eyes? That would be distracting and disturbing to look at.


There's a lady with an extreme lazy eye I work with. We talk about Walking Dead every Monday. I still look her in the eye(s) but it is kinda awkward. I don't discriminate.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.