Post Reply How to get rid of a painful deodorant bump?
46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/16 , edited 12/14/16
I got this deodorant bump and it hurts. What can I do to get rid of it? Have you ever gotten a deodorant bump before? What did you do to get rid of it?


Help Wanted.
Posted 12/13/16
I don't know what that is.
21289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 12/13/16 , edited 12/13/16
I'm assuming its allergies, just stop using whatever you are using and it will probably go away on its own.
22785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Beyond The Boundary
Offline
Posted 12/13/16
I'm at a loss for words but hope it clears. Does sound like allergies though.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/13/16
I would change the deodorant you're using.

Try using some hot compresses on the bump too.

Also make sure you don't have any ingrown hairs causing the bump, I dunno if they happen in armpits but ingrown hairs do cause painful bumps.
10940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/13/16
If it persists for several days you should seek the opinion of a doctor. If not just change your brand and maybe shower more frequently.

I also suggest a simple google search might be a better idea for problems like this in the future.
46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/16

starshots wrote:

I don't know what that is.


It's a bump that you get underneath you arm. On your armpit.

46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/16

kevz_210 wrote:

I'm assuming its allergies, just stop using whatever you are using and it will probably go away on its own.





Norasuna wrote:

I'm at a loss for words but hope it clears. Does sound like allergies though.





Dogempire wrote:

I would change the deodorant you're using.

Try using some hot compresses on the bump too.

Also make sure you don't have any ingrown hairs causing the bump, I dunno if they happen in armpits but ingrown hairs do cause painful bumps.



I've been using the same deodorant for years. I get the feeling this happens either when I put too much deodorant on or cut myself when I shave then put deodorant on.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/13/16 , edited 12/13/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

I'm assuming its allergies, just stop using whatever you are using and it will probably go away on its own.





Norasuna wrote:

I'm at a loss for words but hope it clears. Does sound like allergies though.





Dogempire wrote:

I would change the deodorant you're using.

Try using some hot compresses on the bump too.

Also make sure you don't have any ingrown hairs causing the bump, I dunno if they happen in armpits but ingrown hairs do cause painful bumps.



I've been using the same deodorant for years. I get the feeling this happens either when I put too much deodorant on or cut myself when I shave then put deodorant on.


Shaving can cause ingrown hairs, if you have an ingrown hair there should be a hair or multiple hairs growing out of the same spot on the center of the bump.

If that's the case then I would do a google search on how to treat ingrown hairs.

46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/16

Dogempire wrote:

Shaving can cause ingrown hairs, if you have an ingrown hair there should be a hair or multiple hairs growing out of the same spot on the center of the bump.

If that's the case then I would do a google search on how to remove ingrown hairs.



There is no hair on the bump. It's swollen and smooth.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/13/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

Shaving can cause ingrown hairs, if you have an ingrown hair there should be a hair or multiple hairs growing out of the same spot on the center of the bump.

If that's the case then I would do a google search on how to remove ingrown hairs.



There is no hair on the bump. It's swollen and smooth.


I'm not a medical doctor or even studying medicine so I can't say then.

I'd give it a few days and then see a doctor. I googled the symptoms but it said breast cancer, which is kinda silly because everything self-diagnosed online is cancer.





46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/16



It might just be an ingrown hair.
You must be logged in to post.