First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply The Daily Donald
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


mxdan wrote:



How else do you talk about being racist, misogynistic, and xenophobic?
Has it ever occurred to you that this is because the vast majority of people don't exist politically in this far right fringe that you do?


"Racist, misogynistic and xenophobic" aren't real. Spouting these buzzwords used only to shut down discussion is why Trump won the election.

The vast majority is what got Trump elected


The vast majority huh? Is that why Clinton got 2M+ more votes? Trump won because of a now flawed election system. Before you try to say I'm only saying that now, it's actually been flawed for years considering this is the second time in recent history that the person that got the most votes, lost.

Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

ran76 wrote:

The vast majority huh? Is that why Clinton got 2M+ more votes? Trump won because of a now flawed election system. Before you try to say I'm only saying that now, it's actually been flawed for years considering this is the second time in recent history that the person that got the most votes, lost.



Those are 3 million illegal immigrants voting from sanctuary cities. They have been voting for decades.
28146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


mxdan wrote:



How else do you talk about being racist, misogynistic, and xenophobic?
Has it ever occurred to you that this is because the vast majority of people don't exist politically in this far right fringe that you do?


"Racist, misogynistic and xenophobic" aren't real. Spouting these buzzwords used only to shut down discussion is why Trump won the election.

The vast majority is what got Trump elected



Racism isn't real? What else would you call treating someone of a different race differently based on the color of their skin. Or your world view?
mxdan 
11136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

electricdoomfire wrote:

nice job employing a logical fallacy with your statements regarding what i supposedly think instead of looking at my argument. you are just proving my point. Too many times do people use words like racist, misogynistic, homophobic, etc to shut down conversation instead of looking at info objectively. I however, do look at info objectively. I have heard arguments from both sides of the spectrum and weighed them carefully to form my own opinion. I personally don't vote on personality characteristics. I vote on policy.

I will acknowledge that you and i share a difference of opinion on the man. However, you have not provided me with any indication that you are better informed than me on any issue. Why not talk about another issue regarding trump besides what he has said. TALK ABOUT POLICY! Don't try to label me simply because i share a different opinion than you.

I love how you assume that i am on the far right and that i'm extreme as i way to counteract the idea that the media isn't biased. No, they are biased. For instance, did the media give half as much attention to Clinton's emails, the violence that the DNC tried to insight at trump's own rallies, or the fact that she screwed over Sanders in the election as much as trump's "grab them by the pussy" video? You talk about me being emotional. It seems that it might be the other way around. Btw, i have never watched Alex Jones before.



You vote on policy? Like billion dollar wall policy or what? Up until 6 months ago Donald Trump had very little policy specified. His 'policy' was 'i'm gonna make it happen', 'we need to do this'. You say that you vote on policy but it would seem to me that you were sold on promises and faith. That's what the Trump campaign was based on largely till now. He's not a politician. He had very little experience in developing comprehensive policy, that much is clear.

I don't know who you discuss things with, but using those buzzwords is simply a matter of description for me. Once you correlate those words in your brain we can have a discussion on them. If people are shutting down your ability to respond to conversation with those words isn't that your problem?

Television media is simply an arm of capitalism. They use populism to find the things that sell people and get them to sit in front of the T.V. IE, scandals like Donald Trump saying things that fire people up. They didn't spend a lot of time on the emails on the later months because people got tired of hearing about it and stopped paying attention. It's about capital gain. Simple as that. There are thousands of internet news organizations that spent more time on it.

Secondly, MSNBC's leftist media is a response to the rise of Fox News. They realized there was a fringe market for the left also but they, The Washington Post, and CNN don't represent the vast majority of the middle people. Just like Fox, Info Wars, and Briebart don't represent the the majority of conservatives. Though the center paradigm seems to be changing daily. Especially with Trump now in office.

Posted 12/14/16

MysticGon wrote:



Racism isn't real? What else would you call treating someone of a different race differently based on the color of their skin. Or your world view?


Ingroup preference
1364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / ya mum's house
Online
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 6/5/17

mxdan wrote:

You vote on policy? Like billion dollar wall policy or what? Up until 6 months ago Donald Trump had very little policy specified. His 'policy' was 'i'm gonna make it happen', 'we need to do this'. You say that you vote on policy but it would seem to me that you were sold on promises and faith. That's what the Trump campaign was based on largely till now. He's not a politician. He had very little experience in developing comprehensive policy, that much is clear.

I don't know who you discuss things with, but using those buzzwords is simply a matter of description for me. Once you correlate those words in your brain we can have a discussion on them. If people are shutting down your ability to respond to conversation with those words isn't that your problem?

Television media is simply an arm of capitalism. They use populism to find the things that sell people and get them to sit in front of the T.V. IE, scandals like Donald Trump saying things that fire people up. They didn't spend a lot of time on the emails on the later months because people got tired of hearing about it and stopped paying attention. It's about capital gain. Simple as that. There are thousands of internet news organizations that spent more time on it.

Secondly, MSNBC's leftist media is a response to the rise of Fox News. They realized there was a fringe market for the left also but they, The Washington Post, and CNN don't represent the vast majority of the middle people. Just like Fox, Info Wars, and Briebart don't represent the the majority of conservatives. Though the center paradigm seems to be changing daily. Especially with Trump now in office.



Finally, you actually managed to sound coherent. However, you are still in error on a few things. I can't help but feel that you jumped the gun and assumed i was a trump supporter. I was never a trump supporter. However, i did vote for him simply because i can't stand the thought of a hillary clinton presidency and i can't tolerate the liberal bs. Therefore, i wasn't sold on any sort of promise or faith. Also, anybody that votes for a politician is sold on promises and faith anyway. People voted for Bernie Sanders on promise and faith similarly.

Also, your second paragraph is flawed. Saying that other people shutting down conversation is my problem is retarded. if people refuse to listen to new information or form rational, logical arguments, but instead decide to jump to ad hominem and reiterate their echo chamber, then they are the ones preventing progress. Once again, my argument isn't that the words used to describe trump are being used, but that they are used so loosely and are being stated without proper context. Need i remind you, this is what you seem to be doing.

I have watched trump's speeches and have heard both sides of the debate. Your arguments regarding his policy or lack thereof do have merit. However, it seems like you are shifting your statements toward trying to discredit me instead of focusing on what i am saying. You don't like trump for etc, That is fine. However, i implore you to actually consider a different perspective instead of just guzzling down facts from the mainstream.

I understand that the mainstream media is about entertainment and sensationalism. They do this to get ratings and attention. Both sides of the spectrum involve this from fox to breitbart etc. However, it seems like you aren't willing to accept the idea that the media might have been biased toward Clinton. Please note that CNN president Jeff zucker actually said that they shouldn't have played trump's speeches in their entirety and that they actually encouraged people not to read the Wikileaks emails. Also, these are the same groups of people that actually gave credibility to the idea that pepe the frog is a hate symbol.

Finally, i feel the need to bring up the fact that you are still trying to assume things about me based off my statements. I would like to remind you that ad hominem doesn't contribute to an effective argument. Don't assume what side of the political spectrum i am on and don't assume where my core support lies when i am the one trying to be objective here. Also, it seemed like your last paragraph seemed to be going into the red herring route. Need i bring up that is another logical fallacy that does not contribute to your argument.

Posted 12/14/16

Akage-chan wrote:



That actually does work. What you do is you show up at any polling station, tell them you want to vote and show them your SF city issued ID, and they give you a manual ballot so that you can cast a vote. All you need is a government issued ID, so polling stations do accept the SF ID. It happened right in front of me when I voted this year. And as the ballots are written in Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese, etc, you don't even need to understand English to vote.

What did wikipedia mean by this?
28146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


MysticGon wrote:



Racism isn't real? What else would you call treating someone of a different race differently based on the color of their skin. Or your world view?


Ingroup preference


And what is that group?
runec 
36059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

auroraloose wrote:
Though I suppose rujikin's "There is one Trump, and I am his messenger" thing is a little different.


Oh, I like that angle, Lets go with that.

"Thus the cheese dust did flake from his glory and fall upon my face; Lifting me up to become his alpha bonobo. I have come onto you to spread his message. Nary shall they be more than one hundred and forty characters."

19306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

What did wikipedia mean by this?]


Honestly, not sure. No one cared about my government ID when I voted. I simply chalked it to the high school student not caring.


37713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16
You know, I was just thinking that not enough people are talking about Trump. Especially on CR forums, we have such a lack of Trump related posts... thank god this thread is filling the void.
23877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16
It is best to hear things out of the horse's mouth. He is our next president. Too often have we been dependent on second hand interpretations, often by unscrupulous media sources that reuse obnoxious soundbites while playing to the bias of their viewers or of themselves. We can decide for ourselves by observing it ourselves, can't we? Our interpretations of typed text will differ, but I feel this thread should provide discussion about how it can be reasonably interpreted or otherwise. Probably Not For Those Content In Basking In Liberal Tears. For those that do, you are literal retards falling for the trap of increasing polarization. Stop thinking with an "Us vs Them" mentality.
Humms 
11943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

electricdoomfire wrote:

irregardless of what trump does, the political left will find some way to make it seem like it is a bad thing.


XD someone actually said Irregardless

I'm so glad I spotted that.
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 12/14/16
daily donald lolol catchy
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

Xxanthar wrote:


ran76 wrote:

The vast majority huh? Is that why Clinton got 2M+ more votes? Trump won because of a now flawed election system. Before you try to say I'm only saying that now, it's actually been flawed for years considering this is the second time in recent history that the person that got the most votes, lost.



Those are 3 million illegal immigrants voting from sanctuary cities. They have been voting for decades.


this have been claimed plenty of times, but never any real evidence... I wonder why?

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.