First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Winter 2017 Simulcasts
Tup3x 
4252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
Disappointing region restrictions. However, Fate/Grand Order and Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga are available on Daisuki (for us Finns). Since first season of Rewrite is also available on Daisuki I assume the second one will be too.

If Daisuki would have ad free subscription (and if that subscription would even be available for all regions)...
8071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
Let's wait and hope!
22904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
この世界
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
So it begins
5024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
This seems nice but I'm still a bit sad that there is only Chain Chronicles as worldwide release ... but then who knows what the upcoming days will bring!!
jurgah 
54427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nederland
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
Why don't we skip Europe for the rest of the shows too.
63 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16

jurgah wrote:

Why don't we skip Europe for the rest of the shows too.


sitting with the same feeling here too. the show i wanted to watch the most is not available for european viewers, witch is disappointing to put it mildly. oh well....
41009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16

Skode24 wrote:

I've no chance then sadly. Work and family means no chance of marathoning in that short a space of time. Thanks for heads up.


Luckily, you do actually stand a chance. The anime diverts from the manga half way through and makes up it's own plot line in season one. So if season 2 follows the manga (not sure as not reading) then you only need to watch about the first 13 eps.

618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F / Lufkin Texas
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
Thanks for telling me
47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
askes for worldwide, gets nothing...
Is-9 
14496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16

DarkBlade19 wrote:

You remember this Studio 4c animes in netflix? They never showed up in Netflix Finland even tho they said that they are available worldwide.
in daisuki when I get ads they are ALWAYS War thunder or world population ads and that is starting to be really annoying.

In Daisuki I can watch Blue Exorcist season 2 but not season 1


Those were never supposed to show up outside of english- and spanish-speaking countries; the 'worldwide' announcement was a miscommunication. http://studio4c.co.jp/topics/en/post/20150818.html Also, those were never advertised as 'Netflix Originals' and don't seem to have been acquired by Netflix itself (rather, Studio 4C seems to have put them on Netflix themselves) so it was a different situation from Netflix' own acquisitions like Ajin or LWA, which are, again, the only anime we can expect to watch on there. So that wasn't a slight against Finland in particular, just Netflix business as usual.

(Of those shows, Tweeny Witches aka Mahou Shoujotai Alice is still available legally on Viewster, at least in Denmark - if you want to watch it, go there and see if they have it for Finland too)

As for Daisuki, yeah, the ads are annoying. I tend to always get the same ads, too, though they seem to be different from yours. I always get gunpla ads during Gundam IBO (reasonable), but in the spring season, I had a pretty hilarious tendency to constantly get my video paused for an ad for Concrete Revolutio - but only while the show I was already watching was Concrete Revolutio.
Since Aniplex seems to be determined to funnel europeans in particular to Daisuki, they really should implement an ad-free subscription for us already, instead of only having one for the americans who afaik do not actually have to use Daisuki ever.
74891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
No ad-free Daisuki for Canada either, it seems. And they love to put the ads while someone is speaking mid-sentence too... less ads... I have begged them for an ad-free sub. Perhaps they will grant it to us one day.
106603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

askes for worldwide, gets nothing...

I assume you were referring to the announcements prior to today, as all 3 of the announcements today have been worldwide outside of Asia.

76150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / NE Ohio | Beijing
Offline
Posted 12/29/16

Is-9 wrote: As for Daisuki, yeah, the ads are annoying. I tend to always get the same ads, too, though they seem to be different from yours. I always get gunpla ads during Gundam IBO (reasonable), but in the spring season, I had a pretty hilarious tendency to constantly get my video paused for an ad for Concrete Revolutio - but only while the show I was already watching was Concrete Revolutio.

Since Aniplex seems to be determined to funnel europeans in particular to Daisuki, they really should implement an ad-free subscription for us already, instead of only having one for the americans who afaik do not actually have to use Daisuki ever.


If Aniplex's European division want to leave free streaming rights with their parent company, but Daisuki won't provide a subscription option in their territory, then they should give "subscription only" rights to Crunchyroll. It's as close as possible to "free money" to them if they do it as a package deal for series that Aniplex of America licenses to Crunchyroll, since Aniplex of Europe wouldn't have to do any materials delivery or approvals.
7740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/29/16

hpulley wrote:

No ad-free Daisuki for Canada either, it seems. And they love to put the ads while someone is speaking mid-sentence too... less ads... I have begged them for an ad-free sub. Perhaps they will grant it to us one day.


In Canada we have the same Daisuki sub as the US which is just "less ads" not "no ads". I found Daisuki has been getting better with placements as I watched Magic of Stella there last season and for the second half the ads were placed where the little ad break things were opposed to the start where they were the exact midpoint.
Der Zoodirektor
26133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16

agila61 wrote:
If Aniplex's European division want to leave free streaming rights with their parent company, but Daisuki won't provide a subscription option in their territory, then they should give "subscription only" rights to Crunchyroll. It's as close as possible to "free money" to them if they do it as a package deal for series that Aniplex of America licenses to Crunchyroll, since Aniplex of Europe wouldn't have to do any materials delivery or approvals.


Aniplex has 2 subsidiaries in Europe offering subscription services getting their titles. One is Wakanim in France, the other is Peppermint Anime in Germany. Aniplex also has a stake in Daisuki as well, so giving it to Daisuki for the remaining regions of Europe is the logical option for them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.