Created by Dogempire
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you say you have a high or low pain tolerance?
Dragon
65093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/21/16 , edited 12/21/16

choppin_broccoli wrote:

whoooooooah no shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the anesthesiologist still in business!?!?!?! they must have really kissed your rear to avoid a lawsuit... (well, I just had a thought, unless it was military then it'd be oh well sorry kid, shit happens)

damn, my guts are all insulted now, having read that.

long long time ago one of my docs said I was such a g.d. stoic, it makes it really hard to diagnose. but I havent busted pieces of myself up in a loooong time.


Why would I sue? Wasn't his fault the surgery didn't go as planned.. and I survived just fine, thanks to his (and the team's) continued efforts to scrape the vomit out of my lungs and such. Much funnier was the part after I woke up in the ER recovery, and had to pantomime for a pen and paper due to all the tubes in my throat so I could ask for more air. That stupid machine just wasn't giving me enough on the default setting
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/16
i've got abnormally low pain tolerance because of a hormone imbalance in my brain (???? not rly sure WHAT hormone is missing or is being produced too much, tbh) and it's a pain in the ass when even scratching itches start hurting like, two scratches later
Posted 12/21/16

MakotoKamui wrote:


choppin_broccoli wrote:

whoooooooah no shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the anesthesiologist still in business!?!?!?! they must have really kissed your rear to avoid a lawsuit... (well, I just had a thought, unless it was military then it'd be oh well sorry kid, shit happens)

damn, my guts are all insulted now, having read that.

long long time ago one of my docs said I was such a g.d. stoic, it makes it really hard to diagnose. but I havent busted pieces of myself up in a loooong time.


Why would I sue? Wasn't his fault the surgery didn't go as planned.. and I survived just fine, thanks to his (and the team's) continued efforts to scrape the vomit out of my lungs and such. Much funnier was the part after I woke up in the ER recovery, and had to pantomime for a pen and paper due to all the tubes in my throat so I could ask for more air. That stupid machine just wasn't giving me enough on the default setting


hm....I guess you might not realize how serious & what a colossal f up it was...an anesthesiologist can lose his license because of a screwup like that
Dragon
65093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/21/16

choppin_broccoli wrote:


MakotoKamui wrote:


choppin_broccoli wrote:

whoooooooah no shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the anesthesiologist still in business!?!?!?! they must have really kissed your rear to avoid a lawsuit... (well, I just had a thought, unless it was military then it'd be oh well sorry kid, shit happens)

damn, my guts are all insulted now, having read that.

long long time ago one of my docs said I was such a g.d. stoic, it makes it really hard to diagnose. but I havent busted pieces of myself up in a loooong time.


Why would I sue? Wasn't his fault the surgery didn't go as planned.. and I survived just fine, thanks to his (and the team's) continued efforts to scrape the vomit out of my lungs and such. Much funnier was the part after I woke up in the ER recovery, and had to pantomime for a pen and paper due to all the tubes in my throat so I could ask for more air. That stupid machine just wasn't giving me enough on the default setting


hm....I guess you might not realize how serious & what a colossal f up it was...an anesthesiologist can lose his license because of a screwup like that


There were any number of problems there. The surgery was supposed to be an hour or two, and took I think about 11 in the end (obviously, I wasn't terribly aware of the clock when it was finally over, but my GF at the time didn't hear how it went until nearly midnight, when they were giving me the calm down "mother's milk" stuff in recovery). Aspirating in the middle certainly didn't help. I personally don't respond well to anesthesia, in that it doesn't knock me out well, and that hits me in day surgeries and dental work as well. The surgeon waited nearly a week before operating because he was worried about causing more scar tissue in my guts, which was only compounded by the hospital sending me home several times when I came in complaining of throwing up uncontrollably with abdominal pain in general (because of scar tissue wrapping around my GI tract).

I'm sure I could've sued any number of folks in that chain, but in the end.. I'm alive. It worked. Should I point at any of them and say "bad person, give me money", or "you messed up, but you made it work, thank you"? I'm no expert, I can't say they maybe should lose their license or anything. Though that doctor had a horrible bedside manner, too. Definitely wouldn't recommend him to anyone. But he also had his reasons for waiting, since as he said, even if he cuts the scar tissue, that just makes more scar tissue on my insides.

I have to work on the assumption that if there was a major screwup on the technical end, then someone who understands the technicalities would see that and take action. Otherwise, I'm just complaining about something I know very little about, other than that yes, I could've died.
Posted 12/21/16
glad you're still here....sorry, just some tangential experience in the area and I know how something like that can get real bad real fast and all too often its a handful of stupid mistakes that someone along the way made.
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 12/21/16
low lol
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/4/17
Low pain, I would say. Live with a chronic pain condition and sometimes it feels like what should be the smallest thing ends up feeling far more painful than it should. That could just be feeling run down with a pain condition, though. :/
13027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/17
I'm going to say high because of being an ex cutter. Also I live with a slightly curved lower spine.
6744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 1/4/17
I whine and complain about small injuries very quickly, but once I get hurt hard enough, I just get mad about it and power through.
7239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/5/17
I'll say I have quite high pain tolerance. I'm prone to injury and I'm an accident magnet. I had a car accident 15 months ago where I almost died.
Posted 1/5/17
I've definitely got a high pain threshold I think seeing as I do have 14 tattoos so far on my body, lol!!!
An9el 
29269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 1/5/17
Pretty low at times
8322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
Super low tolerance. I'm a big baby.
53387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
Unfortunately low ): i get weak in the knees and feel dizzy just from a sight of blood.... heck even a small cut on a finger makes me start freaking out q.q and it usually pisses everyone around me e.e
27996 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/17
Pretty high
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.