First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Inuyashiki TV Anticipation
11806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 5/22/17
I have heard quite a lot about this from friends and the like. I didn't care for Gantz, but this story seems to have much deeper characters and much more thematic weight from what I've heard so I'll definitely watch it.
Humms 
12001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 5/23/17

octorockandroll wrote:


Humms wrote:


curr0001 wrote:

There a bit more to it than that.. saying anymore would be spoilers.


Um not really.

Anything you say would not be a spoiler since I already know what happens without even reading a word, or watching.

A man who was basically treated like shit, and had nothing to live for, being seen as someone useless, they show the world that everyone can have a second chance to show everyone their worth in society. What may look like someone old and frail, can surprise even the strongest of people.


Oh, and don't forget about aliens.... something about aliens. Don't worry, it's no spoiler to me



Yeah, that's... Really far off.


Really? I can't see it going any further than that
11806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 5/23/17 , edited 5/23/17

Humms wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Humms wrote:


curr0001 wrote:

There a bit more to it than that.. saying anymore would be spoilers.


Um not really.

Anything you say would not be a spoiler since I already know what happens without even reading a word, or watching.

A man who was basically treated like shit, and had nothing to live for, being seen as someone useless, they show the world that everyone can have a second chance to show everyone their worth in society. What may look like someone old and frail, can surprise even the strongest of people.


Oh, and don't forget about aliens.... something about aliens. Don't worry, it's no spoiler to me



Yeah, that's... Really far off.


Really? I can't see it going any further than that


Pretty sure at this point you're gonna watch at least the first episode so I wont get into spoilers, but let's just say that's the kind of mentality the story wants you to have going in but probably not the mentality you'll have coming out.
31110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 5/23/17

octorockandroll wrote:

I have heard quite a lot about this from friends and the like. I didn't care for Gantz, but this story seems to have much deeper characters and much more thematic weight from what I've heard so I'll definitely watch it.


Personally, the anime for Gantz was awful. The manga dragged on and ended bad. However, the manga for this is ending on his terms and the way he wants, and soon. So I expect a whole adaptation of the manga so this should be a pretty good anime adaptation I hope.
Humms 
12001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 5/23/17

octorockandroll wrote:


Humms wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Humms wrote:


curr0001 wrote:

There a bit more to it than that.. saying anymore would be spoilers.


Um not really.

Anything you say would not be a spoiler since I already know what happens without even reading a word, or watching.

A man who was basically treated like shit, and had nothing to live for, being seen as someone useless, they show the world that everyone can have a second chance to show everyone their worth in society. What may look like someone old and frail, can surprise even the strongest of people.


Oh, and don't forget about aliens.... something about aliens. Don't worry, it's no spoiler to me



Yeah, that's... Really far off.


Really? I can't see it going any further than that


Pretty sure at this point you're gonna watch at least the first episode so I wont get into spoilers, but let's just say that's the kind of mentality the story wants you to have going in but probably not the mentality you'll have coming out.


Pretty sure I'm not going to watch it


Why do people think ur going to spoil it for me, what possible outcome would make it totally unexpected?

Let me guess, the dog is the chosen one? Half dog, half alien hybrid. It was all a dream from his comatose state? The world is evil? Everything you know is a lie, old people have value, fucking aliens! Come on! there's no chance in hell I can be this far off.
104536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 5/23/17
I'm anticipating this. I read the manga and enjoy it. The themes are a tad bit overwrought but that seems to translate well to anime.
11806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 5/23/17

Humms wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Humms wrote:

Really? I can't see it going any further than that


Pretty sure at this point you're gonna watch at least the first episode so I wont get into spoilers, but let's just say that's the kind of mentality the story wants you to have going in but probably not the mentality you'll have coming out.


Pretty sure I'm not going to watch it


Why do people think ur going to spoil it for me, what possible outcome would make it totally unexpected?

Let me guess, the dog is the chosen one? Half dog, half alien hybrid. It was all a dream from his comatose state? The world is evil? Everything you know is a lie, old people have value, fucking aliens! Come on! there's no chance in hell I can be this far off.


Well the long and short of it is that your mindset is the kind the story tries to instill in you so that it can subvert the expectations you have of a typical superpower manga. I know "subversion" is a bit overused in the anime community but here the term is definitely well earned. Initially it appears to be about Inuyashiki's path to justice and how that means he has to fight Shishigami who's on a path to injustice but once the curtain is pulled back you realise it's not at all a simple success story of a man overcoming odds and fighting for good against evil. It portrays its characters as actual people with Inuyashiki repeatedly failing to live up to his dreams of pure justice by savagely assaulting and killing petty criminals, betraying the Superman-esque ideals both he and the viewer expect him to maintain. You're not sure if he really wants justice or he just uses it as a convenient excuse to act like a psycho and get away with it. Likewise, the kid is also not the evil for evil's sake villain he initially appears to be. He displays sympathy and empathy and is in general far more relatable than the always bloodthirsty sociopath he initially appears to be.

Inuyashiki only appears to be a tale of good vs evil. Under the hood it's a complicated story of moral ambiguity and exploration. It also has some good body hprror and gore which is always appreciated.
24118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 5/23/17
The synopsis sounds like the Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl yuri anime.
230278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/10/17 , edited 10/20/17
Key visual

230278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 10/20/17
131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/24/17
Niceeeee its not gonna be full CGI ! Its gonna be like The right Answer Kado ... 2D blend with 3D ! And from what i see in this pv Mappa is doing good job

Also Rip Crunchyroll ..... Amazon got this !
230278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 9/21/17 , edited 10/20/17
230278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/20/17
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Jakarta Indonesia
Offline
Posted 10/5/17
Is it gonna be like Gantz, filled with explicit sex scene?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.