First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
FaKebook to judge what is real news.
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

Xxanthar wrote:

Unlike liberals, conservatives do not have the media answering to the head of their party. They didn't get to approve stories in advance from the various news sources like the democrats did. They didn't have the media to mail them the questions to a debate in advance. Conservative news sites don't make up their military documents like Ran Rather, or editing a documentary to provide falsify quotes and twist perceptions like Katie Couric, or lying basically EVERYTHING like Brian Williams. No but we'll sure count on you guys to fix 'fake news' for us. Yeeeeaaaa....No.

Hopefully President trump will deal with the REAL 'fake news' when he is in office.


Okay, you keep posting these accusations of people you refer to as "you guys" posting fake news right under my posts in this thread so I'm going to assume that at least one of them was some sort of idiotic passive-aggressive dig at me. If that is the case then please enlighten me as to what the fake news stories you think I post about are. Given that, as was noted by rawratl, you have a bit of a history yourself with posting fake stories as fact on this forum I'm very interested to know.
Posted 12/15/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

Unlike liberals, conservatives do not have the media answering to the head of their party. They didn't get to approve stories in advance from the various news sources like the democrats did. They didn't have the media to mail them the questions to a debate in advance. Conservative news sites don't make up their military documents like Ran Rather, or editing a documentary to provide falsify quotes and twist perceptions like Katie Couric, or lying basically EVERYTHING like Brian Williams. No but we'll sure count on you guys to fix 'fake news' for us. Yeeeeaaaa....No.

Hopefully President trump will deal with the REAL 'fake news' when he is in office.


Okay, you keep posting these accusations of people you refer to as "you guys" posting fake news right under my posts in this thread so I'm going to assume that at least one of them was some sort of idiotic passive-aggressive dig at me. If that is the case then please enlighten me as to what the fake news stories you think I post about are. Given that, as was noted by rawratl, you have a bit of a history yourself with posting fake stories as fact on this forum I'm very interested to know.


It's directed to mainly toward the liberal elites in the media, the same ones that want to decide what news is for all of us. I should have made that clearer I guess. I'm not talking about you specifically or anyone else for that matter. I'll quote when I do that.
37130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/15/16
*ahem*

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

This is a thing that fucking exists.
5167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Cat Empire
Offline
Posted 12/15/16
I got curious and looked at which news sources are least and most trustworthy-


http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-most-and-least-trusted-news-outlets-in-america-2014-10
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

official-shinsengumi wrote:

I got curious and looked at which news sources are least and most trustworthy-


http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-most-and-least-trusted-news-outlets-in-america-2014-10


That's very interesting but I couldn't help but notice there are pundits on this list. I'm not sure what I like least, that official studies with lots of production think pundits should be classified together with actual news sources, or that people apparently consider them trustworthy news sources.
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/16
don't governments in places like china, n korea etc say anything that doesn't agree with their political party as fake news can't help but feel this is too close to that.
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

dragonlord1234 wrote:

don't governments in places like china, n korea etc say anything that doesn't agree with their political party as fake news can't help but feel this is too close to that.


It's not. This is Facebook hiring a bipartisan group to check whether or not the stories getting posted on their platform are credible.
Posted 12/15/16 , edited 12/15/16

octorockandroll wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:

don't governments in places like china, n korea etc say anything that doesn't agree with their political party as fake news can't help but feel this is too close to that.


It's not. This is Facebook hiring a bipartisan group to check whether or not the stories getting posted on their platform are credible.


They say it's bipartisan but that's just the usual bullshit. No matter how it's twisted or turned it is going to dump conservative and articles positive about trump down to the bottom of stuff that's trending and it's going to bump up liberal news. Just like they have been doing for years and got caught at. This is just a slightly more transparent version.

It's censorship.
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

Xxanthar wrote:

They say it's bipartisan but that's just the usual bullshit.


If you find any clear evidence of political bias from the IFCN, by all means, post it here. If not, well then I'm just gonna take what you say about as seriously as the majority of the people in this thread so far.
18618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/16
Seems like the majority of this thread is allergic to actual facts.


So those third parties will be fact-checking organization that have committed to the International Fact Checking Code of Principles, which was recently established by Poynter, a journalism organization.

Several dozen fact-checking organizations around the world have signed on the code of principles.
"We'll use the reports from our community, along with other signals, to send stories to these organizations," Facebook VP Adam Mosseri said in a blog post Thursday. "If the fact checking organizations identify a story as fake, it will get flagged as disputed and there will be a link to the corresponding article explaining why."

Facebook is making it clear that users will still be able to post whatever they want, no matter how bogus, on their own Facebook pages. But "you will see a warning that the story has been disputed as you share," Mosseri said.


But continue wearing those tin foil hats.
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

octorockandroll wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:

don't governments in places like china, n korea etc say anything that doesn't agree with their political party as fake news can't help but feel this is too close to that.


It's not. This is Facebook hiring a bipartisan group to check whether or not the stories getting posted on their platform are credible.


and i bet the places i mentioned earlier used the same excuse when in truth its just a organization charged with checking for things that favor or don't favor certain peoples interests.
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

dragonlord1234 wrote:

and i bet the places i mentioned earlier used the same excuse when in truth its just a organization charged with checking for things that favor or don't favor certain peoples interests.


Like I said to Xxanthar I'm gonna need to see some actual evidence of this. My research so far has only shown this group to be a trustworthy fact-checker so if you want to go against that I'll need to see some supporting material before I believe this.
Posted 12/15/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

They say it's bipartisan but that's just the usual bullshit.


If you find any clear evidence of political bias from the IFCN, by all means, post it here. If not, well then I'm just gonna take what you say about as seriously as the majority of the people in this thread so far.


It's Ok. You don't have to believe it. It's probably just more 'fake news'
37130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

dragonlord1234 wrote:

don't governments in places like china, n korea etc say anything that doesn't agree with their political party as fake news can't help but feel this is too close to that.


I will say that at the very least I'm not especially comfortable with the idea of legislating on the matter.

Honestly, people shouldn't be getting their news primarily or exclusively from social media networks even if the major television and print outlets have compromised their integrity, and it would definitely be nice if fact checking and reading multiple sources in multiple mediums were a more common practice, but it's the public's job to make sure that happens. To the extent that private media outlets have a role to play they need to clean their own house and stop trading their journalistic integrity for access and funding. Likewise, to the extent political parties have a role to play they need to stop making access contingent upon positive coverage and leave journalists to report honestly.
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/15/16

Xxanthar wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

If you find any clear evidence of political bias from the IFCN, by all means, post it here. If not, well then I'm just gonna take what you say about as seriously as the majority of the people in this thread so far.


It's Ok. You don't have to believe it. It's probably just more 'fake news'


...okay?

I'm really not sure what the point of this last post is.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.