First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
FaKebook to judge what is real news.
Posted 12/16/16 , edited 12/16/16
Didn't take long to discover that the 'unbiased' IFCN is on Soros's payroll. http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/12/16/soros-finances-group-helping-facebook-flag-disputed-stories/ "Quick! Label that link 'fake news'!!!", shouted Mark Zuckerberg. lol
Posted 12/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:

Didn't take long to discover that the 'unbiased' IFCN is on Soros's payroll. http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/12/16/soros-finances-group-helping-facebook-flag-disputed-stories/ "Quick! Label that link 'fake news'!!!", shouted Mark Zuckerberg. lol


You still haven't quite answered my question. Instead, you've only continued to complain/rant.
What would be your solution to an unbiased "fact-checking" resource that would be fact-checking news articles for Facebook?

If your answer was basically, "We don't need anyone to tell us if the news is fake or not!" then the legitimacy of your complaints are basically nullified. That answer is essentially saying that you're complaining just to complain - you're "wise" enough to locate your own source for news that correlates to your personal, political agenda/views.

There aren't too many people I know in any generation that uses Facebook as their only source of news, as both conservatives and liberals believe that Facebook is manipulated by the other party (go figure). I agree that there is political bias and theories surrounding the company that has been suggested to be the "fact checker" for Facebook - however, what would be a bipartisan source that isn't either funded by Soros, the Russians, or whatever hairbrained scheme/logic that both sides adhere to instead of being reasonable/logical about things?
Posted 12/16/16 , edited 12/16/16

ninjitsuko wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

Didn't take long to discover that the 'unbiased' IFCN is on Soros's payroll. http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/12/16/soros-finances-group-helping-facebook-flag-disputed-stories/ "Quick! Label that link 'fake news'!!!", shouted Mark Zuckerberg. lol


You still haven't quite answered my question. Instead, you've only continued to complain/rant.
What would be your solution to an unbiased "fact-checking" resource that would be fact-checking news articles for Facebook?

If your answer was basically, "We don't need anyone to tell us if the news is fake or not!" then the legitimacy of your complaints are basically nullified. That answer is essentially saying that you're complaining just to complain - you're "wise" enough to locate your own source for news that correlates to your personal, political agenda/views.

There aren't too many people I know in any generation that uses Facebook as their only source of news, as both conservatives and liberals believe that Facebook is manipulated by the other party (go figure). I agree that there is political bias and theories surrounding the company that has been suggested to be the "fact checker" for Facebook - however, what would be a bipartisan source that isn't either funded by Soros, the Russians, or whatever hairbrained scheme/logic that both sides adhere to instead of being reasonable/logical about things?


We have been managing fine for over 200 years. We don't need self appointed news cops. Twist and hammer the hell out of your arguments all you want, it still boils down to you accepting censorship because it's your people doing the censoring. Thank god trump won, otherwise Hillary would have been burning books and newspapers in the street with the leftists and you passing out the matches.
Posted 12/16/16 , edited 12/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:

We have been managing fine for over 200 years. We don't need self appointed news cops. Twist and hammer the hell out of your arguments all you want, it still boils down to you accepting censorship because it's your people doing the censoring. Thank god trump won, otherwise Hillary would have been burning books and newspapers in the street with the leftists and you passing out the matches.



So I basically stated that I'm against this all together, but have asked you to offer a better solution.
You cannot come up with a better solution, so you assume that I'm a liberal.

Haha.. that's pretty much how both liberals and conservatives have been on Crunchyroll lately. Good job, keeping up the status quo of complaining in the name of foolishness.

I'm not accepting censorship - but both sides are complaining about this "fake news" logic. Conservatives (like yourself) are complaining that mainstream media is out of control with bias - Liberals are complaining that the media is being manipulated by the Conservatives. You're basically stating that you're okay with censorship as long as you agree with the logic behind it.

Glad to see that you've finally gone as crazy as the "crazy liberals" that you have in mind when you insult them too. Self-appointed "news cops" are basically what you're considering yourselves when you rant and rave about how poorly the mainstream media is doing their job.
14900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/16
If not fact checking, what is the solution to the wealth of misinformation on social media? While the fact checkers do have to be kept in their place, I can only see this as an improvement from the current system. Besides, its not like facebook has the power to prevent other sources from printing and posting news. This isn't restricting information, just deciding what gets put on the front page.
46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/16/16
I do think we have a fake news epidemic; it has to do with all of the mainstream news channels and websites claiming that the Russians hacked the election results.
Posted 12/16/16 , edited 12/16/16
You don't get any faker than modern day liberalism.
Posted 12/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:

You don't get any faker than a modern day liberal.


Equal to a modern day conservative. Both are equally as fake, due to the overwhelming bias each side has for their political and personal agenda.

Posted 12/16/16
Liberalism is based on lies. That's why it always fails.
41372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / US
Offline
Posted 12/16/16 , edited 12/16/16
The only way to know if news is real or fake is to have multiple fact checkers. Instead of decrying that a news organization is choosing a third-party fact checker make your own and fact check them.

Honestly we cant have a system of only trust such and such news outlet. Breitbart appears to have more issues with facts than most outlets so I personally think that is their main reason to not want fact checkers.

I think their plan goes like this,
Step 1, Only publish news that fits their world view, This gives you readers who are inclined to listen to your story.
Step 2. Do not worry about facts, its about how people feel about story not the facts around the story.
Step 3. Discredit all fact checking and all other news outlets. If there is no one trusted by your readers to fact check then the facts truly don't matter.
Step 4. Continue to push your agenda to your now mindless readers. The ultimate form of censorship is when people accept it as normal.

I'm, not saying CNN or others don't do this, I'm just saying this is why we need to fact check. If I'm going to be told to question all news I'm going to question all news.
37091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/16/16 , edited 12/17/16
This is big, so I'll compress it in a spoiler for you mobile users.


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

The Trump cult will defend Dear Leader unconditionally. It's getting scary.




Edit:

The OP is trolling his own thread now.

Edit 2:

It was Chris Hayes, not Steve Kornacki. Not sure how I came up with Kornacki. They look nothing alike.
4837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/16/16
"Every news article will get flagged by partisans as fake news,
and Facebook's external censors will vote their politics on every case."

Naval Ravikant ‏@naval
1901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/16
People get news from Facebook?

I wouldn't know. Never used Facebook. I thought it was like advanced myspace or something. Didn't know news was a factor.

I think getting news from any social site is kind of a bad idea though. It would be like getting news from Crunchyroll.

Let me rephrase that - it would be like getting "real world" news from CR, or whatever you want to call it. I actually really appreciate their anime / gaming / Japan related news stories.
Posted 12/16/16

tomietomie wrote:

"Every news article will get flagged by partisans as fake news,
and Facebook's external censors will vote their politics on every case."

Naval Ravikant ‏@naval


They know it will result in censorship of conservative views just like they do in the mainstream media. They will manage to convince some the sheep that get their news from facebook that it's pure an unbiased. Many more will see it for what it really is.
33174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/17/16 , edited 12/17/16

MakotoKamui wrote:

Thankfully there's a really easy solution on this.. not using Facebook. I don't, personally, other than when my job requires it. But if you think FB is too liberal.. well, I don't come to CR for action movies. I don't think CR is the place for such things. Don't go to FB for your news?


IAWTAC

I wouldn't mind if FB disappears tomorrow.

Edit: ...and Twitter too. Make that disappear, and perhaps people's attention span would improve
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.