First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply The coward
5659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/16
Is it bad being a coward? I mean I feel the hype of watching heroic movies, but if I imagine myself being on the battle fields or doing stunts it just feels like that would hurt, or that my life would be wasted away at age 20, 30, or 40. But man, you can't really say you are afraid of dying in front of girls. I'm not staying doing stunts but more like saving a person from a car and get yourself killed kind of scenairo . What do you guys think?
5578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/17/16 , edited 12/17/16
Your life is already a complete waste at 30, you don't have much to lose.
27011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wales, UK
Offline
Posted 12/17/16
All lives are wasted, there is no meaning in this world. Dying of old age isn't peaceful, it sucks. And getting used to the fact that you're going to die is something everyone needs to do, and may as well do ASAP because it makes everything less stressful.

With that in mind, having the opportunity to die in some "heroic" way is excellent luck, if it happens to you.
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 12/17/16
im a coward
runec 
36293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/17/16

fredreload wrote:
I'm not staying doing stunts but more like saving a person from a car and get yourself killed kind of scenairo


Rule #1 of emergency first aid is don't put yourself in danger too. Since then there's two casualties the first responders have to save / ship to the morgue. -.-





5659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/16

runec wrote:


fredreload wrote:
I'm not staying doing stunts but more like saving a person from a car and get yourself killed kind of scenairo


Rule #1 of emergency first aid is don't put yourself in danger too. Since then there's two casualties the first responders have to save / ship to the morgue. -.-







But ugly people are dispensable = =
35923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/16

runec wrote:

Rule #1 of emergency first aid is don't put yourself in danger too. Since then there's two casualties the first responders have to save / ship to the morgue. -.-

Yeah, that is rather literally Rule #1.

I'm required to be Red Cross certified in first aid and CPR. The "first step" in an emergency situation is to check if it's safe to approach, call 911/emergency services for help, and then start providing care. Check, Call, Care. Check, Call, Care...

Ugh, I hate having to sit through that training every couple years. Not least of all because the training videos are so mind-numbing that they leave you in tears.
25750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/17/16
Well, there are punishments for cowards. If you don't qualify for those punishments, then there's no problem. Obviously, it makes sense not to take action if the risk is too high. However, being unwilling to take a small/acceptable risk is very terrible and should be punished. Basically, your fear should never control your actions, only weighing the situation with logic should.
5214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/17/16
Who says you cant say your afraid of dying in front of a girl?? "Being cowardly is nothing bad, it gives you a better understanding on how to survive, while being brave is a good way to get your stupid ass killed along with your family" ~ My Ranger school instructor
mxdan 
11216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 12/17/16 , edited 12/17/16

HateKillingCamels wrote:

Your life is already a complete waste at 30, you don't have much to lose.



Posted 12/17/16
It's extremely hard to go against your instincts for survival and run towards danger. That's why fire, police, ems, and the military deserve a bit more respect than they get. Sure they get paid, but their are jobs that pay far better and require no sacrifice. Anyone that puts their safety second in order to save another person's life is a hero in my book.
5659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/16

Kavalion wrote:

Well, there are punishments for cowards. If you don't qualify for those punishments, then there's no problem. Obviously, it makes sense not to take action if the risk is too high. However, being unwilling to take a small/acceptable risk is very terrible and should be punished. Basically, your fear should never control your actions, only weighing the situation with logic should.


Sigh, people don't listen to logic, as civilized as this world is
5659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/16

olunar009 wrote:

Who says you cant say your afraid of dying in front of a girl?? "Being cowardly is nothing bad, it gives you a better understanding on how to survive, while being brave is a good way to get your stupid ass killed along with your family" ~ My Ranger school instructor


Cowards don't go around changing the world, but you struck my cord
5659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/16

mxdan wrote:


HateKillingCamels wrote:

Your life is already a complete waste at 30, you don't have much to lose.





Broken, sigh
5659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/16

Xxanthar wrote:

It's extremely hard to go against your instincts for survival and run towards danger. That's why fire, police, ems, and the military deserve a bit more respect than they get. Sure they get paid, but their are jobs that pay far better and require no sacrifice. Anyone that puts their safety second in order to save another person's life is a hero in my book.


In my opinion every police and fire fighter should get a bat suit. Sigh, I need a girl who can save me from wild dogs
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.