First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Two days ago it was claimed yet again that Obama's birth certificate is fake
qwueri 
20398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16
Mainstream media is ignoring the press conference?
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/fridays-mini-report-121616
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9117614/Controversial-Arizona-sheriff-reignites-Obama-birther-row.html
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-joe-arpaio-obama-20161214-story.html http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/15/sheriff-joe-arpaio-probe-proves-obama-birth-certificate-fake/95500958/

As a former sheriff, I doubt he has the official capacity to declare the authenticity of a legal document.

It's probably not going to get much article space over the weekend on major broadcast networks because it's a guy who's been harping on Obama's birth certificate for years and officials actually qualified to verify the authenticity weighed in on the matter years ago http://www.factcheck.org/2008/08/born-in-the-usa/
35892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16

ishe5555 wrote:

The reason it would have mattered (past tense) is that if Obama had not been born in the US, he would not have met the rules for naturalized citizen in place at the time of his birth. If he did not meet those rules, then he would not be a "natural-born citizen" required to become the US president. With Ted Cruz, he was born outside the US, but he and his family moved to the US within 5 years of his birth, which met the rules for a naturalized citizen in place at his birth, so he was a "natural-born citizen". This may have also been the case with Mitt Romney's father. However, this "news" reeks of fake news. Also, even if the certificate were faked, Obama could have still been born in Hawaii. It would probably a crime to forge that document, though.

Sorry, but I believe you're incorrect.

For the child to inherit citizenship, the citizen-parent needs to have resided in the U.S. for at least 5 years in total (and at least two of those years need to have been when they were older than 14) at some point prior to the birth of the child, but there's no requirement to move back to the U.S. at all.

8 U.S. Code § 1401 - Nationals and citizens of United States at birth see section (g):


a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years


The purpose of the language there is to prevent the formation of pseudo U.S. "colonies" consisting of the grandchildren, etc. of ex-pats who are all U.S. citizens despite even their parents never having lived in the U.S.

It means that if Obama had been born in Kenya, and never moved back to the U.S. for at least five years, then his U.S. citizenship would not be passed on to his children, but it would make no difference regarding the state of his own citizenship compared to if he was born in Hawaii.
43263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16
Who cares? I said who cares also after he was elected the first time. To borrow a phrase
from another politico... "what difference does it make?" hes already President and now on
his way out so I'll say again, "What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

Is the point that the media are full of liars or that politicians are untruthful? Tell us something
new....
141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Wales
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16

ssjwes1980 wrote:

Who cares? I said who cares also after he was elected the first time. To borrow a phrase
from another politico... "what difference does it make?" hes already President and now on
his way out so I'll say again, "What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

Is the point that the media are full of liars or that politicians are untruthful? Tell us something
new....


Isn't that similar to saying "Who cares who the murderer is? The victim is already dead so what difference does it make?" Fact is, if, and I find it unlikely, a crime has been committed by a person in power we have a responsibility to enforce the law and mete out the appropriate punishment. Otherwise we are allowing the powerful to be exempt from the law which will inevitably lead to anarchy.
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16
Is this Deyre's additional account? beginning to wonder in this form of text?
83698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16

iriomote wrote:

Sorry, but I believe you're incorrect.

For the child to inherit citizenship, the citizen-parent needs to have resided in the U.S. for at least 5 years in total (and at least two of those years need to have been when they were older than 14) at some point prior to the birth of the child, but there's no requirement to move back to the U.S. at all.


I shouldn't have posted that. I had heard or read something to that affect and had not actually looked into it. To add to that it had been quite a while since I heard/saw it, so I may not be remembering it correctly. While I shouldn't have posted it, I'm glad I did because it is good to know when you are wrong about something. Thank you for pointing it out.

Edit:
I believe this http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp was the information was what I had been thinking of, that his mother needed to be to have lived in the US for 5 years since the age 16, which had not been the case because she was 18 when she he was born.
gsm642 
1878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16
fake news still fake
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16
I don't care where he was born, I just want him out of the Whitehouse before he does any more damage.
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16

qwueri wrote:


As a former sheriff, I doubt he has the official capacity to declare the authenticity of a legal document.


Right , which is why forensic experts were the ones that made this call.

Nobody really disputes that Dunham was a US citizen.

But Obama wasnt born in the US, never had a US birth cert, and they friggin faked one to try and brush the issue aside instead of dealing with it honestly.

They easily could have made the case that since Dunham was a citizen, then so would Obama inherit it.

Unless that's some sort of problem to prove in a DNA test, if he was in fact just simply not born in the US?

Water under the bridge, but point is we called it out as a forgery when it came out, and now we've seen forensic experts prove us right 9 different ways.

Conspiracy theory becomes conspiracy fact once again
gsm642 
1878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16
I am ashamed to be a human and wish I wasn't even born on this planet the fact that people are so stupid to believe fake news I hope we get wiped out at some point to spare the rest of the universe the plague known as humanity its gotten to be one of the worst species out there in the universe
qwueri 
20398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16

choppin_broccoli wrote:

Right , which is why forensic experts were the ones that made this call.


Experts would still need to testify before an actual authority who can rule on the matter for their findings to be found official in any way. The man spending 50 minutes comparing the writing of two birth certificates and claiming the support of experts isn't terribly convincing on it's own.
Ejanss 
16621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/18/16 , edited 12/18/16

animegirl2222 wrote:

Why do you insist in talking in third person, OP?.


It's supposed to be a really 00's-dated "parody" of moe anime girls from someone who doesn't watch a lot of anime shows or hang around anime groups all that much, he-he-he-hehhh... Outsider.

As filtered through the "Theme troll" who's more in love with his own motif than in actual conversation--And anyone who's ever wanted to strangle JanusCascade at any his point on this board will know how long a shellife THAT gag has.
(The difference being, Janus eventually noticed the hostility in the room, turned it down a notch, and settled down into a real poster. No such luck here.)
12998 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
a few possibilities (maybe there's more)
#1: the evidence provided by the sheriff is legit, and the certificate is indeed fake

#2: the evidence provided by the sheriff is legit. there was an error in the print, which was later corrected by issuing a corrected version of the certificate.

#3: the evidence provided by the sheriff is fake. sheriff political bias made him believe in the evidence given, without much careful consideration (the sheriff himself is nor aware that it's fake)

#4: the evidence provided by the sheriff is fake. there is a massive conspiracy against Obama by fabricating fake birth certificate and accusing him of not being born American.

#2 seems the most likely i think. errors in print is fairly common.
35657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
Sheriff Joe and the Cold Case Posse ( Yes, he actually calls them this ) have no authority to "officially" declare anything here.

This is also the third time these idiots have held a press conference like this.


39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/19/16 , edited 12/19/16

loganthered wrote:

I never did like his policies but his mother is an American citizen. End of story.


Even if his mom is American, HE HAS TO BE BORN IN THE U.S.A. to run for President.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.