Post Reply Need anime with good anti-villians
21289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 12/17/16
So I've been getting burnt out on all the slice of life shows I have been watching lately and really want to watch to marathon something that has a good anti-villain (one who has noble/good goals in mind) but is quite misguided. Even better if there are two competing main factions where neither side/character is completely right or wrong.

Idk, just in the mood for a show with more complex characters.

And yes before anyone asks I have already seen death note and code geass
Thanks!
33090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Side 6
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
Aldnoah Zero
Gundam Unicorn
Gatchman Crowds
wyrvan 
64511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/16

kevz_210 wrote:

So I've been getting burnt out on all the slice of life shows I have been watching lately and really want to watch to marathon something that has a good anti-villain (one who has noble/good goals in mind) but is quite misguided. Even better if there are two competing main factions where neither side/character is completely right or wrong.

Idk, just in the mood for a show with more complex characters.

And yes before anyone asks I have already seen death note and code geass
Thanks!



PSYCHO-PASS
http://www.crunchyroll.com/psycho-pass

A Certain Scientific Railgun - First half of season one.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/a-certain-scientific-railgun

Blast of Tempest - First half of the season.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/blast-of-tempest

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 3rei!! - Fourth season of Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA .
http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gargantia-on-the-verdurous-planet

Gatchaman Crowds insight - second season of Gatchaman Crowds.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gatchaman-crowds

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
http://www.crunchyroll.com/rokka-braves-of-the-six-flowers-

Drifters - beware of angry disillusioned idealists who are determined to save the world.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/drifters
26537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
Got to be Gatchaman crowds for sure makes you think both sides
4656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / The Shire, England
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
I'd like to throw Hunter X Hunter into the mix, though the only examples of anti-villains come in the later seasons of the show.

If you can hold on past the first (and maybe second?) season, the characters will become progressively more complex, both the heroes and the villains.
mnmike 
22325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
A few others not suggested yet:

Eureka Seven
Eden of the East
Ghost in the Shell (movie)
46877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/18/16
Forgive me for being stupid but what is an anti-villain? How does it differ from an anti-hero or regular villain?
mnmike 
22325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/18/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

Forgive me for being stupid but what is an anti-villain? How does it differ from an anti-hero or regular villain?


Hero = Good guy protagonist
Villain= Bad guy opposed to the protagonist
anti-Hero = Bad guy protagonist (or, alternatively, a protagonist who has crappy motives, even if he does the "right" thing sometimes)
anti-Villain = Good guy opposed to the protagonist (or the person opposed to the protagonist has pure motives, even if he often does the "wrong" thing)

Common anti-heroes: vigilantes taking the law into their own hands; corrupt-but-conflicted cops; brilliant professionals who show up to work drunk or high; hero fighting for justice, but really only so he can get revenge against villain.

Common anti-villains: Guy willing to sacrifice innocents to save the world from a worse evil; Guy trying to live by a moral code, but mislead in some way as to what that means; Demon hunter who doesn't realize that not all demons are evil; etc.
21289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 12/20/16 , edited 12/20/16

wyrvan wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

So I've been getting burnt out on all the slice of life shows I have been watching lately and really want to watch to marathon something that has a good anti-villain (one who has noble/good goals in mind) but is quite misguided. Even better if there are two competing main factions where neither side/character is completely right or wrong.

Idk, just in the mood for a show with more complex characters.

And yes before anyone asks I have already seen death note and code geass
Thanks!



PSYCHO-PASS
http://www.crunchyroll.com/psycho-pass

A Certain Scientific Railgun - First half of season one.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/a-certain-scientific-railgun

Blast of Tempest - First half of the season.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/blast-of-tempest

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 3rei!! - Fourth season of Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA .
http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gargantia-on-the-verdurous-planet

Gatchaman Crowds insight - second season of Gatchaman Crowds.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gatchaman-crowds

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
http://www.crunchyroll.com/rokka-braves-of-the-six-flowers-

Drifters - beware of angry disillusioned idealists who are determined to save the world.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/drifters



So far have watched Blast of tempest, Gargantia and railgun, I'll be sure to give the others a look! :)


TheZoldyckAssassin wrote:

LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES



I've heard good things about it, despite it being a pretty longer and older show.


scoobydew wrote:

Got to be Gatchaman crowds for sure makes you think both sides


Hmm sounds exactly like what I'm looking for


Bentosandhandgrenades wrote:

I'd like to throw Hunter X Hunter into the mix, though the only examples of anti-villains come in the later seasons of the show.

If you can hold on past the first (and maybe second?) season, the characters will become progressively more complex, both the heroes and the villains.


Everyone tells me its amazing after the first arc or so, but I have yet to have the stamina to watch any long series, we'll see
You must be logged in to post.