Tegami Bachi Discussion
Posted 12/20/16 , edited 12/20/16
I searched and didn't find a discussion thread for this anime. Please delete this if one already exists.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/tegami-bachi-letter-bee

I've read the manga and enjoyed it, imagine my surprise with I found out there was a 50ep anime and it was on Crunchyroll. Looking forward to watching this show soon.
79870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/21/16 , edited 12/21/16
well this was originally streamed first back in 2009.
So the original forum has moved to the archive or deleted.

Most discussion in the forum are anime that are mostly current or upcoming titles.

I liked Tegami Batchi, it was a pretty good series. This is where I first heard of Miyuki Sawashiro and Jun Fukuyama... became a big fan of them .I read the manga too
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 12/21/16
i read some of the manga

gorgeous, gorgeous artwork
Posted 12/21/16
The anime is really quite good so far, very faithful to the manga.
62377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/21/16
My very first purchase of a premium membership was made while I was watching this show. The artwork really is gorgeous, and it totally made the purchase worthwhile.

Although I really enjoyed the first season, I wasn't too happy with Reverse. It felt like a transition from a unique, interesting, and emotional story to generic shounen tropes that I don't typically enjoy. That's just my long-term impression, though. At this point, I don't remember many details.
5138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/21/16 , edited 12/21/16

staphen wrote:

Although I really enjoyed the first season, I wasn't too happy with Reverse. It felt like a transition from a unique, interesting, and emotional story to generic shounen tropes that I don't typically enjoy. That's just my long-term impression, though. At this point, I don't remember many details.


My exact same problem with the second season. I think the art was different too, maybe it was a different studio from the first one?
I didn't read the manga, but was glued to the screen for the whole first season. When I heard the second one was coming I got hyped; but it turned out to be a forgettable show. Still worth the watch though, if only to complete the story.

Edit: nvm it was always studio pierrot
1466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Kyoto
Offline
Posted 12/22/16

Xxanthar wrote:

I searched and didn't find a discussion thread for this anime. Please delete this if one already exists.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/tegami-bachi-letter-bee

I've read the manga and enjoyed it, imagine my surprise with I found out there was a 50ep anime and it was on Crunchyroll. Looking forward to watching this show soon.


Ehm the anime is a bit different from the manga
Posted 12/22/16

Acaena wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

I searched and didn't find a discussion thread for this anime. Please delete this if one already exists.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/tegami-bachi-letter-bee

I've read the manga and enjoyed it, imagine my surprise with I found out there was a 50ep anime and it was on Crunchyroll. Looking forward to watching this show soon.


Ehm the anime is a bit different from the manga


I'm not that far into the anime yet. It's not bad so far. While I like it when the Anine and Manga sync up, it's not a major thing for me
One Punch Mod
104463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/28/17
Closed because OP nuked.
You must be logged in to post.