First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract
29038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

gornotck wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

Sued who exactly? Because the people spoke. It's like if the U.K. sued to remain in Europe or California sued to keep weed illegal. Any government that ignores the will of its people deserves to have their leaders dragged out into the streets and shot. And that's coming from a pacifist!


http://tucson.com/news/government-and-politics/suit-filed-to-block-voter-approved-increase-in-arizona-s/article_38f17dc6-c2f5-11e6-9073-7f37d4b66969.html

http://tucson.com/business/tucson/arizona-s-minimum-wage-increase-upheld-as-judge-rebuffs-business/article_678eb1d4-c7bf-11e6-a435-fbbcd62e5fb6.html

I don't think I actually saw the party that they were suing, so I don't know. As you can see, the lawsuit was filed around the 15th, and a judge said 'no' around the 20th.


Good. I know smaller businesses will feel the pinch but those mega corporations that are anti-union and anti-living wage can eat a dick.
29038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

Rujikin wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


gornotck wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Weird. Never heard that 15 million new jobs were created. Guess it makes sense that most of them were temporary, though it should be pointed out that temporary, contract, and part-time are three entirely different things.


Mostly part time, low wage, no benefit crap jobs.

There is a reason why economic growth in this country is coming to a halt, far too many people are working for peanuts which means people are spending less on goods and services.

They are getting squeezed by unaffordable health insurance, education and housing bills while getting stuck with stagnant or declining wages.


None of that is news to me, though for laughs the state of Arizona had a proposition put on a ballot to raise the minimum wage to $12 and some change as of January 1, 2017. It passed resoundingly, so the state of Arizona and businesses in Arizona immediately sued to prevent it from going into effect.


Sued who exactly? Because the people spoke. It's like if the U.K. sued to remain in Europe or California sued to keep weed illegal. Any government that ignores the will of its people deserves to have their leaders dragged out into the streets and shot. And that's coming from a pacifist!


The UK part of that is happening. Just google "uk courts challenge brexit"


Well, it was more giving parliament a say on when to trigger Brexit rather than overturning it, though it could have very well led to shenanigans.
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

kevz_210 wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Weird. Never heard that 15 million new jobs were created. Guess it makes sense that most of them were temporary, though it should be pointed out that temporary, contract, and part-time are three entirely different things.


Mostly part time, low wage, no benefit crap jobs.

There is a reason why economic growth in this country is coming to a halt, far too many people are working for peanuts which means people are spending less on goods and services.

They are getting squeezed by unaffordable health insurance, education and housing bills while getting stuck with stagnant or declining wages.


All of this has its root in the theft, debasement, and eventual complete removal of long term backing for the dollar. Gold lasts eons, oil is a consumable. This was done on purpose, by design.

The unconstitutional health "care"..lol...let's call a spade a spade, the unconstitutional sick maintenance finance scheme is one big thing that put a cap on hiring. If anyone has any questions over whether or not our legislative process is completely captured, broken, and no longer serves the people, Obamacare is the fascist poster child that dispels any doubts about the answer to this question.

Whether it was the lies about the price tag, coverage, unconstitutional mandates, trampling states rights,

or whether it was a spending bill that didnt originate in the House, firstly written by lobbyists and other unelected nothings with nothing else to do with their time than get paid by some evil to undermine the US Constitution.....beyond unreal that those who voted on this mess didnt read it. how does that even happen in a legitimate government?

or rewritten by both the executive and the judicial branch, which omfg how does this happen and not follow the proper legislative process? it doesnt matter how they got there? bull sheee-yot, it absolutely matters how they got there, that's why these orders of processes are established and to be followed.

No, it was a pack of lies from the getgo, it made the poor feel like they were having a bone tossed to them, and they never realize the bone used to be theirs, and also used to have meat on it too.



kevz_210 wrote:

A good chunk of the reason why wages are piss poor is the anti union sentiment in this country. A large portion of the population has been brainwashed into voting for decreased bargaining power and workers rights. Perhaps the even bigger reason is that we are getting ripped off on the global market, something both parties are in complete denial about.

Glad people are starting to realize how much they are getting screwed and are now fighting back. I read earlier today that 1/4 of the workforce is making less than $9 an hour, if something doesn't give whats left of the middle class will be gone within my lifetime...


For a great amount of businesses, they are more than happy to pay their work so long as uncle sugar isnt constantly increasing his take. When uncle sugar increases his take, guess what, a lot of them will let the workers take the hit. Some of them will take the hit equally, but not a lot.

The people prosper when the laws are simple and few and clear cut, and the government isnt operating with so many black budgets that it would drive any lesser entity straight into destitution.

We are not in control of our government, and our government is spending us into destitution.

What does this have to do with unionizing, again?


nanikore2 wrote:


drakedogma wrote:
blah dee blah blah


Riiiiight.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-wall-street-protesters-are-so-angry-about-2011-10?op=1&IR=T/#ts-start-with-the-obvious-unemployment-three-years-after-the-financial-crisis-the-unemployment-rate-is-still-at-the-highest-level-since-the-great-depression-except-for-a-brief-blip-in-the-early-1980s-1

Oh, and Reagan's "genius":

http://www.vqronline.org/essay/reagan-retrospect

Yeah I had to laugh at that veritable pundit evening news readout too.

Reagan was no genius, he was just no BS, like Trump. But make no mistake, he shut up and behaved after they put a bullet in him. Trump has business acumen though, which makes him dangerous to the counterfeiters...

When you look at this as strings being pulled, then it makes more sense instead of trying to attribute this or that to this or that president. Reagan rode a credit expansion, just like Clinton was made to artificially look good, albeit in a totally statistically flawed way, all because of a technological breakthrough - but it was just another bubble expansion, as we see how the vultures came in and by 2000 the gas was escaping fast, and we had blowups like Enron and Worldcomm and...oh yeah, how did those get resolved again? I digress *poof* (and poof, in more ways than one...)


cdarklock wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

You know those 15 million new jobs Obama created? They were part time, contract, or temp jobs. Thanks Obama.


Contract work is great if you're good at what you do, because you can get paid a full-time salary doing a week's worth of work for half a dozen people. That's like getting ten months of vacation a year.

Of course, if you SUCK at what you do, contract work is basically indistinguishable from unemployment.


Contract work is excellent if the field you're in is booming. If the field you're in is overpopulated and business is waning, unless you are the creme de la creme of a candidate for....where's that job again?

Simple fact if the climate sucks then its going to suck finding a job. I'm a 20 year expert in my field and exceptionally competent, but I would not want to have to be looking for a job in this job climate today, I'm lucky to have found a place that values me enough to keep promoting me.
82489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / PEI, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

MysticGon wrote:
Good. I know smaller businesses will feel the pinch but those mega corporations that are anti-union and anti-living wage can eat a dick.


While I'm not fond of joining a union I can see the situations where they are beneficial. The issue I see with unions is just as there can be the metaphorical "Big Boys" club at the top of the corporations, the same can happen in unions.
1695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

Rujikin wrote:

You know those 15 million new jobs Obama created? They were part time, contract, or temp jobs. Thanks Obama.

http://m.investing.com/news/economy-news/nearly-95-of-all-job-growth-during-obama-era-part-time,-contract-work-449057

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.


I wish someone would investigate the exclusion policies associated with this job creation. I remember back when he first got elected and I was one year to old to qualify for his "summer jobs" program so I got to remain unemployed. There's even more to the story but from medicaid to jobs programs, people who didn't fit the Obama voter block were purposely left out of these programs even when they were needed. Yet someone walks across the border and gets a government allowance and free healthcare... yea, we voted, that's why.
11291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16
1099 jobs are a good way to get fucked in the ass.
runec 
40110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

Rujikin wrote:
You know those 15 million new jobs Obama created? They were part time, contract, or temp jobs. Thanks Obama.

http://m.investing.com/news/economy-news/nearly-95-of-all-job-growth-during-obama-era-part-time,-contract-work-449057


I like that the first comment on the article completely debunks the article. This a painfully dishonest representation of the study and you're either being gullible, irresponsible or intentionally dishonest in spreading it. There's a reason the article does not link the study ( because they grossly misrepresented it ).

Here is the study:
https://krueger.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/akrueger/files/katz_krueger_cws_-_march_29_20165.pdf

It has fuck and all to do with Obama and job creation. Please do a shred of due diligence when it comes to research. This kind of shit helps no one.
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

VZ68 wrote:

1099 jobs are a good way to get fucked in the ass.


lol, just because its supposedly a 13 year old saying this
Humms 
13201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16
That's everywhere in the world.

Welcome to the new world order, where people are now literally working slaves. 1% will laugh at people like they are fucking useless pawns, yet how will they get their work done? Money can do good, but 80% of the time it is a disgusting means of moving forward.

Welcome to the world of the plastic beach. Why are you people just figuring this out? Seriously.
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
You know those 15 million new jobs Obama created? They were part time, contract, or temp jobs. Thanks Obama.

http://m.investing.com/news/economy-news/nearly-95-of-all-job-growth-during-obama-era-part-time,-contract-work-449057


I like that the first comment on the article completely debunks the article. This a painfully dishonest representation of the study and you're either being gullible, irresponsible or intentionally dishonest in spreading it. There's a reason the article does not link the study ( because they grossly misrepresented it ).

Here is the study:
https://krueger.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/akrueger/files/katz_krueger_cws_-_march_29_20165.pdf

It has fuck and all to do with Obama and job creation. Please do a shred of due diligence when it comes to research. This kind of shit helps no one.


Does it? It reflects that employers have been ever increasingly more likely to hire a contract worker and keep them on for some time, and depending on their situation, it may be more beneficial for them to keep them as a contractor - so sorry pal, no hire for you. This is directly because of overly protective hiring/firing laws in many places, and with the Obamacare debacle on top of that, its just another thing an employer has to worry about, how his work force matches up to what all these new mandates tell it. Utterly destructive to the small business community.

So I guess you're just having a problem following the story from point A to point B, here.
runec 
40110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

choppin_broccoli wrote:
Does it? It reflects that employers have been ever increasingly more likely to hire a contract worker and keep them on for some time, and depending on their situation, it may be more beneficial for them to keep them as a contractor - so sorry pal, no hire for you. This is directly because of overly protective hiring/firing laws in many places, and with the Obamacare debacle on top of that, its just another thing an employer has to worry about, how his work force matches up to what all these new mandates tell it. Utterly destructive to the small business community.

So I guess you're just having a problem following the story from point A to point B, here.


Was Obama president in 1995?

Take your time. -.-

Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

runec wrote:


choppin_broccoli wrote:
Does it? It reflects that employers have been ever increasingly more likely to hire a contract worker and keep them on for some time, and depending on their situation, it may be more beneficial for them to keep them as a contractor - so sorry pal, no hire for you. This is directly because of overly protective hiring/firing laws in many places, and with the Obamacare debacle on top of that, its just another thing an employer has to worry about, how his work force matches up to what all these new mandates tell it. Utterly destructive to the small business community.

So I guess you're just having a problem following the story from point A to point B, here.


Was Obama president in 1995?

Take your time. -.-



oh ffs, was he president in 08-15, the latter half of the study? you think I'm not going to call you out on idiotic intellectually dishonest crap like that? cmon, are you really more than 15 years old?



I'm not even agreeing with the study, I think its a ridiculous claim, 95% of all new jobs, wtf kind of crap statistics are they using, what did they get a climate scientist on this application of statistics???

you start to have a point and then go off into the weeds here, and now you're being stupid about the grass being waist high
runec 
40110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

choppin_broccoli wrote:
oh ffs, was he president in 08-15, the latter half of the study? you think I'm not going to call you out on idiotic intellectually dishonest crap like that? cmon, are you really more than 15 years old?

I'm not even agreeing with the study, I think its a ridiculous claim, 95% of all new jobs, wtf kind of crap statistics are they using, what did they get a climate scientist on this application of statistics???

you start to have a point and then go off into the weeds here, and now you're being stupid about the grass being waist high


So just to get this straight: You actually agree with me that the article is BS and intellectually dishonest. But you're pointlessly arguing with me anyway?

Gotcha.

Did your Raised In a Cult account get banned or did you just forget the password? -.-



Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

runec wrote:


choppin_broccoli wrote:
oh ffs, was he president in 08-15, the latter half of the study? you think I'm not going to call you out on idiotic intellectually dishonest crap like that? cmon, are you really more than 15 years old?

I'm not even agreeing with the study, I think its a ridiculous claim, 95% of all new jobs, wtf kind of crap statistics are they using, what did they get a climate scientist on this application of statistics???

you start to have a point and then go off into the weeds here, and now you're being stupid about the grass being waist high


So just to get this straight: You actually agree with me that the article is BS and intellectually dishonest. But you're pointlessly arguing with me anyway?

Gotcha.

Did your Raised In a Cult account get banned or did you just forget the password? -.-





I whacked it on purpose, &*@$&%

and I will probably do so with this one before long also, just because I'm more of a traveler, and the golden nuggets arent on these topics anyway, they dont even have the potential to be.

that's aside my point, my point was you were still saying dumb crap even if you happened to be right on one point, but then you back it up with utter garbage.

that's still a flawed argument regardless of whether or not your debate point was "ultimately correct" (hopefully that makes sense to you in the context of framing a proper argument)
runec 
40110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16

choppin_broccoli wrote:
I whacked it on purpose, &*@$&%

and I will probably do so with this one before long also, just because I'm more of a traveler, and the golden nuggets arent on these topics anyway, they dont even have the potential to be.


Man, I was just talking a wild guess half in jest. Nice to see its confirmed and I can resume ignoring your surreal shit posting though. So thank you for that at least.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.