First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply why god doesnt exist at least not any more
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16
i met someone claiming to be a god once he attacked me so i ate him.


21428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16
I'm a deist so horrible events happening has no influence on my belief in God.

Deism: belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe. The term is used chiefly of an intellectual movement of the 17th and 18th centuries that accepted the existence of a creator on the basis of reason but rejected belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind. Compare with theism.
12428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Iceland
Offline
Posted 12/25/16

gsm642 wrote:

mainly because of ww1 ww2 and the Cuban missile crises. If there was a god ww1 and ww2 should have never happened as he would have intervened and stopped it from starting in the first place. I do believe a god type being did exist at one point in the past but he either left or gave up on humanity most likely sometime between the great flood and the start of the dark ages and all we have left if stories and legends that have been past down threw the ages. Also if there was a god the world would not be the way it is today considering we are closer then effect to mutually assured destruction and we haven't been this close since the Cuban missile crises though we are still a ways off but it should have never been allow to happen.


I would agree that an all benevolent god does not exist. My God is not willing to grant immortality to sinners so that their evil could continue for all times. He rejects all those that will not follow him or his ways. Sinners will be punished equally by the sins that the had done on the earth and then they will experience the second death from which there is no resurrection.

I would never pray to an all benevolent god because some people do not deserve love or kindness.
runec 
36293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16

theYchromosome wrote:
I worked 5 years at a hotel, and can tell you that people on vacation are the absolute worst. Christmas, in particular, makes assholes out of probably nice people, otherwise. People with shit to do, like people on business or moving across the country--almost uniformly kind and reasonable people. I wished everyone had shit to do. People on vacation, though? Fucking ruthless.


Amen. You have never truly seen the face of nor understand humanity until you work in the service industry for a few years and you'll be lucky if you don't come out the other side hating the rest of your species. Working in the service industry for a year should be mandatory. 5 years if you are seeking any sort of elected office.

I have seen and heard things no person should ever have to experience. >.>

Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16
People are filthy animals that pretend to be civilized when others are watching.
30098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16
lol
480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / O / Massachusetts, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16
anime was a mistake
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16

gsm642 wrote:

mainly because of ww1 ww2 and the Cuban missile crises. If there was a god ww1 and ww2 should have never happened as he would have intervened and stopped it from starting in the first place. I do believe a god type being did exist at one point in the past but he either left or gave up on humanity most likely sometime between the great flood and the start of the dark ages and all we have left if stories and legends that have been past down threw the ages. Also if there was a god the world would not be the way it is today considering we are closer then effect to mutually assured destruction and we haven't been this close since the Cuban missile crises though we are still a ways off but it should have never been allow to happen.


If this is the only reason why you think he doesn't exist anymore, you're wrong.

This is the reason why he exists!

He says it himself "I'm the God of war", the Israelites have been fighting for land since God took them out of Egypt. His prophets have invaded lands and killed all the people. The bible is full of wars and Christ cries because he sees the future, a future of war, pain and suffering. He even says that he came to this world not to bring peace but to bring a sword.

So, wars and suffering? it's proof that he exists because it is what he wants.

45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16

Minsc wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

OP, have you never paid any attention to mythology as a whole? In many religions, gods have granted people the free will to screw up their lives/world, and tend to not give a damn about whether or not we do. Y'know, because the basic idea of being a god is that they're so far above us that we're basically ants, and that almost anything we do can't even begin to touch them. The whole "higher plane" thing. If there are gods, they have little incentive, other than personal whim, to pay any attention to what we do.


There's another way to look at this. God is the ultimate parent and we are his children. While I'm not a parent I can see how painful it could be for parents to step back and let their children make mistakes and learn lessons. People want freedom, God gives it. In my mind God does give a damn.


A parent's job is also to instruct, guide, and be there for their children in times of need. If you consider God to be a parent, then the current iteration is essentially a dead beat dad that tries to take credit for anything good that happens to you, but abdicates responsibility for anything bad while at the same time promising (or at least not denying) infinite punishment for committing finite wrongs. Sending a letter that may have been dictated, but not read, does not qualify as parenting.

There might be a supreme being, but given that childhood bone cancer, all the various and sundry parasitic organisms that cause horrific damage to us, and truly horrible people getting into positions of power, exist, it certainly is no kind, caring, loving being.
2330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Metairie//Louisia...
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16
~Trolled~
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16

mailrus wrote:

I would agree that an all benevolent god does not exist. My God is not willing to grant immortality to sinners so that their evil could continue for all times. He rejects all those that will not follow him or his ways. Sinners will be punished equally by the sins that the had done on the earth and then they will experience the second death from which there is no resurrection.

I would never pray to an all benevolent god because some people do not deserve love or kindness.


But this goes all against the God of the bible or is your god from another book/religion?

If your god is the God of the bible then you're not reading his book his book says that he is benevolent and forgiving no matter what you did.

He came for the sinners, if you are not a sinner you don't need God and he says that everyone is a sinner. Are you a sinner? his book also says that all sins are equal, which means that a white lie is the same as killing someone. No one is safe from death but forgiveness is given to everyone who repents from their hearts and not from word only.

Take David for example. He killed a man because he wanted to fuck that man's wife. God punished him by killing the baby that was born from that affair, David repented and God forgave him.

Then take David's son, the King Salomon. One of God's rules is to not worship other gods and Salomon had many women, almost 900!! from all those women came different beliefs and gods and Salomon forgot about God from the bible and started worshipping the gods from his women. That was his only sin. God didn't forgive him, Salomon didn't become one of his. He didn't realize his mistake and didn't repent.

Which sin was greater? in God's eyes they're the same but only those who truly repent will be forgiven. So, no matter how bad your sin is, there is always hope.


runec 
36293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16

Xxanthar wrote:
People are filthy animals that pretend to be civilized when others are watching.


That was roughly the motto on the break room door at my office, yes. ;p

40250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16
runec 
36293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16 , edited 12/25/16

thekevin4 wrote:



......

36281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 12/25/16

paul25454 wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

maybe another flood is coming



Oh fuck you man. Now I feel old thank to you.


Image how I feel now.





Ranwolf wrote:


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

maybe another flood is coming



And here I was thinking I couldn't feel older then I already did tonight.


You guys think you feel old looking at that GIF and remembering and knowing what it's from? Look at the age on my profile and imagine how I feel looking at it. >.>
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.