Post Reply I believe my account was hacked.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/16
I tried logging in earlier to by met with an error saying no account existed with my email address (which I'll PM to any staff that responds to this thread since I don't want it spread around here). Took my a while to realize it was probably hacked and the email address changed. I would like to reverse this since that was a Premium account and I'd either like it back or have the Premium on it cancelled.

Could I receive assistance with this? I can't find any "contact us" page so I guess the forums are my best option.
Dragon
65093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/24/16

medotjs2 wrote:

I tried logging in earlier to by met with an error saying no account existed with my email address (which I'll PM to any staff that responds to this thread since I don't want it spread around here). Took my a while to realize it was probably hacked and the email address changed. I would like to reverse this since that was a Premium account and I'd either like it back or have the Premium on it cancelled.

Could I receive assistance with this? I can't find any "contact us" page so I guess the forums are my best option.


You've posted in the right place, but the other options you might try are:
/help?topic=contact - it's the contact page
Or email [email protected] from the address originally linked with your account.

Either one should get you in the queue, though the contact page would be my recommendation since it includes extra details they can use to help. Sorry I can't do more, mods can't see billing details or anything.
50100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/24/16
/contact but... it is a holiday....
Posted 12/24/16

medotjs2 wrote:

I tried logging in earlier to by met with an error saying no account existed with my email address (which I'll PM to any staff that responds to this thread since I don't want it spread around here). Took my a while to realize it was probably hacked and the email address changed. I would like to reverse this since that was a Premium account and I'd either like it back or have the Premium on it cancelled.

Could I receive assistance with this? I can't find any "contact us" page so I guess the forums are my best option.


Dude go to every thing you use now and change passwords now. Including your email password and enable 2 step verification.
Also if you use gmail, please check your account use locations. Make sure nobody has log in into your email from somewhere else other than your house. Don't argue with me here please. If they got your info here, they could use that to get into others sites account you use. If you put your phone in this site, make sure to tell your phone provider to not give your Sim card to anyone but you.

5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/16
Thank you both, I have since used the contact form.

Not an important question, but why wouldn't the contact page be in the list of links at the bottom?
50100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/24/16

medotjs2 wrote:

Thank you both, I have since used the contact form.

Not an important question, but why wouldn't the contact page be in the list of links at the bottom?


It used to be there, but I would guess/presume that they moved it so that people would have to try to help themselves first with the FAQ for lesser self-solvable issues, which probably were clogging the queue.
Dragon
65093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16

medotjs2 wrote:

Thank you both, I have since used the contact form.

Not an important question, but why wouldn't the contact page be in the list of links at the bottom?


As asharka guessed, the Site Support section has the "Contact Support directly" link at the top now, which leads to the Zendesk help area, which covers a lot of common problems. That's actually where I pulled the /contact from, I can never remember if it's contact or contactus or ... but it's there, so I always double check.

I also agree with TwinBlast, be sure to change all your logins, especially any that use the same email/pw or login/pw combination. I know an Adobe site got hacked a few months ago, and led to a number of people who got taken over (because of identical logins) and spamming the forums and such.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/16
Thank you to Crunchyroll support for helping me recover this account.

Now it's time to look into password managers so I can have unique passwords on sites.
Der Zoodirektor
26029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 12/25/16

asharka wrote:

It used to be there, but I would guess/presume that they moved it so that people would have to try to help themselves first with the FAQ for lesser self-solvable issues, which probably were clogging the queue.


Yeah, most issues can be figured out by checking the FAQ. We're constantly updating it to make sure every common issue is covered.
You must be logged in to post.