First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The 'dumbing' down if Culture.
mxdan 
11663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

kromph wrote:

Even the title of this thread is a mess.


Yes, that's been established. Thank you for your much needed contribution.
qwueri 
22790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

mxdan wrote:

Interesting, I agree with you on most points. I do think she does make a claim that got me thinking though. I mean, there is an inherent value to reading or viewing a wide range of content outside of your interests at a young age. I think it gives people place. The point about young Americans on the whole not reading, is true. I think that lack of scope could have negative effects on our society but I'm simply speculating.


Reading definitely has value, though it's just as easy to stick to little bubbles of interest just like anything else. Sticking to those bubbles can lead to insular, tribal thought, but that's not really a new development. I think it's just as important for adults to continue engaging different forms of thought, though it's harder to engage them without a grade hanging over their heads.
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/27/16


But they have been trying to brainwash kids to think critically much less nowadays and instead "think" with emotions. It is dumbing down a portion of the population but at the same time making another portion reject that stupidity.

The dumbing down has gotten so bad at times even the brainwashed are waking up.
870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:

Even the title of this thread is a mess.


Yes, that's been established. Thank you for your much needed contribution.


I'd like to thank you for your snarky comment. Just like my post you have really contributed to moving this thread forward.
37805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/27/16
Sounds like more, "What's wrong with kids these days" bullshit.

mxdan 
11663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

kromph wrote:


mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:

Even the title of this thread is a mess.


Yes, that's been established. Thank you for your much needed contribution.


I'd like to thank you for your snarky comment. Just like my post you have really contributed to moving this thread forward.


Oh I'm snarky? Says the guy who comes in to comment on nothing but the title after five people had already established it prior. Hooray for ego gratification !
mxdan 
11663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

kinga750 wrote:

Sounds like more, "What's wrong with kids these days" bullshit.



I agree with you actually. But I don't think it's strictly a kid issue though xD. She makes many false claims however.
870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/27/16 , edited 12/27/16

mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:


mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:

Even the title of this thread is a mess.


Yes, that's been established. Thank you for your much needed contribution.


I'd like to thank you for your snarky comment. Just like my post you have really contributed to moving this thread forward.


Oh I'm snarky? Says the guy who comes in to comment on nothing but the title after five people had already established it prior. Hooray for ego gratification !


Commenting on here isn't doing anything for my ego, trust me.
Posted 12/27/16
mxdan 
11663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

kromph wrote:


mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:


mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:

Even the title of this thread is a mess.


Yes, that's been established. Thank you for your much needed contribution.


I'd like to thank you for your snarky comment. Just like my post you have really contributed to moving this thread forward.


Oh I'm snarky? Says the guy who comes in to comment on nothing but the title after five people had already established it prior. Hooray for ego gratification !


Commenting on here isn't doing anything for my ego, trust me.


Oh, I'm not. You don't have to worry there. People without ego issues usually don't spend time out of their day making pointless comments that do nothing but make them feel right and others feel wrong.

But you can keep pretending like your superiority stems from your ability to be impervious to mere typing errors. I find it hilarious .
870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:


mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:


mxdan wrote:


kromph wrote:

Even the title of this thread is a mess.


Yes, that's been established. Thank you for your much needed contribution.


I'd like to thank you for your snarky comment. Just like my post you have really contributed to moving this thread forward.


Oh I'm snarky? Says the guy who comes in to comment on nothing but the title after five people had already established it prior. Hooray for ego gratification !


Commenting on here isn't doing anything for my ego, trust me.


Oh, I'm not. You don't have to worry there. People without ego issues usually don't spend time out of their day making pointless comments that do nothing but make them feel right and others feel wrong.

But you can keep pretending like your superiority stems from your ability to be impervious to mere typing errors. I find it hilarious .


Ok
5298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 12/27/16

kromph wrote:

Even the title of this thread is a mess.


Here I was thinking that it was done purposely to prove their point.
One Punch Mod
117873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/23/17
Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no new posts since 12/31/2016.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.