Post Reply Question About Funimation Paid Service (Sorry)
40127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Gilbert Az
Offline
Posted 12/27/16
=Ranting=
Do any of you have the funimation Premium service ? What do you think of it ? And Do any of you have a yearly annual renewal going ? I ask these because its literally impossible to ask them ... I've sent in 2 separate .. token ... what ever they call them asking this simple question .. of how much will it cost to sub yearly ... but they just ... have not gotten back and I need to make a choice today if I'm going to stick with the yearly or go to monthly ...

=Skip here for the question=
How much does a annual(Yearly) Subscription to Funimation cost ? Is there any saving doing it by the year ?

=Ranting=
I would so love to ask them ... or anyone on their site ... but as it seems their forums .. don't work ... at least not on my computer ... and their ticket system of asking questions is failing me ... 10 days and no dame answer on that one simple question yet ... I have to ask here ... of all places ... Maybe someone out there has one and can answer this one question for me ... because I have to make this choice today ... I have no more time to wait for their poor and slow customer service to get back to me.


Sorry about bringing this question here ... I have no where else to go.
3654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 12/28/16
Usually with any kind of service the longer term subscriptions are always cheaper than the shorter term ones, it's one of the benefits of doing a sub for a longer period of time.

However do you really want to sub to a service that can't even mail you back or give you answers? That the forum is broken to? What happens if you have trouble with their service going down or the videos not loading properly? If they refuse to respond to a question like that, what makes you think that they'd ever respond to anything more vital?
33156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/28/16
My suggestion to you is to cut off that service until they, uh, actually give you service.
40127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Gilbert Az
Offline
Posted 12/28/16 , edited 12/28/16
I would agree, To be honest. This was just meant to be a trial Because as much as I like my subs every now and then i just like to listen to an anime play in the background (and I currently don't know Japanese ) So i thought i would give them a try for a year but with how their service seems to be broken I might just wait awhile like you very kind fellows seem to suggest . Its really a pity to be honest. I would still like to keep this topic open until someone here or there can give me a clear answer because with how hard it is to get a 12 month sub (you have to cancel then change it through a back door) I'm not sure if their is any benefit to the yearly service or not if I one day choose to try this again.
21545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/28/16
I'm in the same boat. I like some of the anime that's on funimation but not here on CR, like black lagoon. I would sub to both because sometimes sub is better and sometimes dub is better. But their website is so confusing and unfriendly I never got around to subscribing to them. If funimation ever makes an effort to get subscribers, they'd make a lot of money.
18413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/28/16
Monthly Subscription: $5.99
Yearly: $59.99

You save $11.89 by going the yearly route.

I'm an annual subscriber with Funi (as well as Crunchy Roll).

There's still quite a few titles that Funimation has a hold of that hasn't migrated it's way to Crunchy Roll as of yet and that's the main reason why I still maintain my subscription. I'm a big fan of rewatching series.
29880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Online
Posted 12/28/16
Funimation is busy working on a new website, which would be up by now but supposedly they are having an issue with the app on one of the consoles. But that's no excuse for the wait times I've seen for submitting a ticket. They have a new Twitter help account (@FunimationHelp) which usually responds fast, but sometimes they just tell you to submit a ticket, where you're screwed.
30000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 12/28/16

Dartinin wrote:

=Ranting=
Do any of you have the funimation Premium service ? What do you think of it ? And Do any of you have a yearly annual renewal going ? I ask these because its literally impossible to ask them ... I've sent in 2 separate .. token ... what ever they call them asking this simple question .. of how much will it cost to sub yearly ... but they just ... have not gotten back and I need to make a choice today if I'm going to stick with the yearly or go to monthly ...

=Skip here for the question=
How much does a annual(Yearly) Subscription to Funimation cost ? Is there any saving doing it by the year ?


They're current subscription rate is here:

- http://www.funimation.com/p/subscribe



$5.99 a month, $59.99 annually.

I've had their service in the past and it has been fine. Decent quality and not too many problems streaming. They are working on a new web-site launch. They're just about done. New site, better quality video, etc.

60039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/28/16
Does anyone know what the launch date for the new funimation is? I can find nothing on the site. It appears that funimation hasn't improved there customer support as yet. The comments on the blog site have been closed.

Also, do we know what the status of the funimation forums will be? By that I mean will we be starting from scratch, or will the forums reopen with all of the old topics and discussions intact? When funimaton reset a couple of years ago, all of the forum folders and discussion disappeared. It would be a shame if we all got our comment counts reset back to zero. I ask this hear, because evidently. funimation doesn't know or is not willing to answer my queries.

The CR forums are OK, but nothing like the involvement the funi forums had.

Thanks,
40127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Gilbert Az
Offline
Posted 12/28/16

Hairbelly wrote:


Dartinin wrote:

=Ranting=
Do any of you have the funimation Premium service ? What do you think of it ? And Do any of you have a yearly annual renewal going ? I ask these because its literally impossible to ask them ... I've sent in 2 separate .. token ... what ever they call them asking this simple question .. of how much will it cost to sub yearly ... but they just ... have not gotten back and I need to make a choice today if I'm going to stick with the yearly or go to monthly ...

=Skip here for the question=
How much does a annual(Yearly) Subscription to Funimation cost ? Is there any saving doing it by the year ?


They're current subscription rate is here:

- http://www.funimation.com/p/subscribe



$5.99 a month, $59.99 annually.

I've had their service in the past and it has been fine. Decent quality and not too many problems streaming. They are working on a new web-site launch. They're just about done. New site, better quality video, etc.



I honestly Don't Know how I Missed that (though it has been 12 days since I saw that Screen.) Thank you Everyone For your help ^^ A community like this and just good service is why I've been with Crunchyroll for ... well along time . Thank you All. And I want to make something clear .. I Know things are in a transitioning period with Funimation ... thats the only reason I've been so .... patient with them and their service ... dubs not working on the app ... their service time being horrible .. certain videos just having visual issues that seems to appear no mater if im using the app or their online service .. and the lack of any connection between the app and the online version's queue (which i assume will be fixed at some point along with all of these issues) With Anything else i would have just given up along time ago but I'm going to give them a chance to surprise me because I love anime that much and I realize the whole new site, new app thing.
One Punch Mod
98350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/28/16 , edited 12/28/16

Dartinin wrote:

I honestly Don't Know how I Missed that (though it has been 12 days since I saw that Screen.)


I think you missed it because they don't show the the annual option until you elect to subscribe--initially just the monthly rate displays, and you have to act like you've already decided to sign up before it reveals both rates for you to choose from.

I've had no major complaints with Funimation, including with support (which I haven't needed much of) so I think the fact that they are probably stretching their resources getting the new site up right now accounts for some things. If I preferred dubs or really wanted to watch a lot of their catalog without waiting for it to come to Crunchy, I would not hesitate to get a paid membership again.

(Really weird that they basically "hide" that annual rate though.)
40127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Gilbert Az
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16
Honestly I'll just wait until their new layout is out before trying out the payed service (outside of the 12 day trial) and I'll just work with a monthly sub for awhile ... and i would suggest anyone who happens on this topic to wait until they got their site fixed because small little bugs are running rampant right how and the horribly slow customer service just makes everything worse. Oh and A update ... nearly 14 days since i sent my first question about their annual fee ... still no response from them at all ... so ya ... not good.
You must be logged in to post.