First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you deal with insecurities
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

I have a few insecurities i struggle with daily today has been a bad day.

1. the feeling that no one would ever want me
2. how i look
3. my weight (fixing that)

I don't know how others deal with their insecurities other then thinking about them and grumbling in disappointment and trying to ignore them

How do you deal with your own?


Don't compare yourself to others. That really helps. I remember when I would compare myself to other girls and strive to look as beautiful as them but that honestly was a huge part of why I even became insecure. Embrace the person that you are and learn to love yourself because you are unique and unlike anyone else in the world. When you surround yourself with people who accept all that you are, you learn to be comfortable with yourself and confidence just comes naturally after, so the people you surround yourself with is very important.

Also, about the 1st part (not feeling like anyone would ever want you) those are your emotions thinking and sometimes you shouldn't listen to what your emotions think, especially if they are negative thoughts of yourself, because they are false. The way you think can really change you as a person, so it's best to try and be more positive and block out the negative thoughts. I personally remember feeling that way as well, like no one would ever want me, but that's not true. You just haven't found/came across the right person, I know that's so common to say, but it's true.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Montreal, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/30/16
Escapism through art and aesthetics. Helps in moderation. (i.e. anime, games, books, waifus)
2127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Venezuela
Offline
Posted 12/30/16
You have to look yourself at the mirror and say "Sup beautiful, how you doing?" (Btw, yes, having a big self esteem is needed)

ps: I'm not joking...I builded my self esteem throught the years and i feel great with myself. Also exercising is an option, it can be quite rewarding.
29031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 12/30/16

adrianc0 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


IllIllIIlIllIlIllIlIlIlI wrote:

2 and 3 can be fixed if you tried.

As for 1, don't be weird. Be friendly. People will enjoy you presence.


Problem weird is part of my personality


Weird can mean quirky and fun. It's only bad when people are being creepy to other people. Then again... if you're being creepy as a joke and the other person knows it then that's fine but that's only when you're really close friends haha.

Anyway, I have a ton of insecurities but I don't always think about them. The best thing to do is just to keep yourself busy with school/work, hobbies, and spending time with friends and family. When you're busy and you're having fun, you forget about all these things that bother you.

Find something that you're passionate about and focus on that. For example, I spend my free time training myself to draw and my mind is too preoccupied by finding new ways to improve my skills to think about anything else.

Good luck, dude.


Thanks and I think I creep people out with my personality one of my friends said one of the things they loved about me was how questionable the things I say are
29031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 12/30/16

akotoiri wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

I have a few insecurities i struggle with daily today has been a bad day.

1. the feeling that no one would ever want me
2. how i look
3. my weight (fixing that)

I don't know how others deal with their insecurities other then thinking about them and grumbling in disappointment and trying to ignore them

How do you deal with your own?


Don't compare yourself to others. That really helps. I remember when I would compare myself to other girls and strive to look as beautiful as them but that honestly was a huge part of why I even became insecure. Embrace the person that you are and learn to love yourself because you are unique and unlike anyone else in the world. When you surround yourself with people who accept all that you are, you learn to be comfortable with yourself and confidence just comes naturally after, so the people you surround yourself with is very important.

Also, about the 1st part (not feeling like anyone would ever want you) those are your emotions thinking and sometimes you shouldn't listen to what your emotions think, especially if they are negative thoughts of yourself, because they are false. The way you think can really change you as a person, so it's best to try and be more positive and block out the negative thoughts. I personally remember feeling that way as well, like no one would ever want me, but that's not true. You just haven't found/came across the right person, I know that's so common to say, but it's true.


Thanks you might be right comparing myself to others is the cause I feel.

I hope that is true but everyone I have ever dated has left me or cheated on me or was abusive so it's hard to not think that even when others tell me it's not true.

Logically I know it's not true as it makes no sense but emotionally I believe it
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


akotoiri wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

I have a few insecurities i struggle with daily today has been a bad day.

1. the feeling that no one would ever want me
2. how i look
3. my weight (fixing that)

I don't know how others deal with their insecurities other then thinking about them and grumbling in disappointment and trying to ignore them

How do you deal with your own?


Don't compare yourself to others. That really helps. I remember when I would compare myself to other girls and strive to look as beautiful as them but that honestly was a huge part of why I even became insecure. Embrace the person that you are and learn to love yourself because you are unique and unlike anyone else in the world. When you surround yourself with people who accept all that you are, you learn to be comfortable with yourself and confidence just comes naturally after, so the people you surround yourself with is very important.

Also, about the 1st part (not feeling like anyone would ever want you) those are your emotions thinking and sometimes you shouldn't listen to what your emotions think, especially if they are negative thoughts of yourself, because they are false. The way you think can really change you as a person, so it's best to try and be more positive and block out the negative thoughts. I personally remember feeling that way as well, like no one would ever want me, but that's not true. You just haven't found/came across the right person, I know that's so common to say, but it's true.


Thanks you might be right comparing myself to others is the cause I feel.

I hope that is true but everyone I have ever dated has left me or cheated on me or was abusive so it's hard to not think that even when others tell me it's not true.

Logically I know it's not true as it makes no sense but emotionally I believe it

n/p

I believe that the people you've dated were not right for you, and it's actually a good thing that you no longer associate with them. Those who leave you, cheat on you, abuse you are not meant for you and would not have made your life happier. It probably would've caused you more harm if you stuck with any of them. You're at least a little closer to finding the one, now that you've already gone through bad relationships. Learn from them, take away lessons from each of them and be for careful the next time around. But always be open to love. I know sometimes people tend to push away a chance at love bc of their past experiences with bad relationships.

And I do think that it makes sense, but it's just not a healthy way of thinking.
2718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/2/17



Ryulightorb wrote:

Thanks and I think I creep people out with my personality one of my friends said one of the things they loved about me was how questionable the things I say are


Ohh haha. Then forget what I said XD That certainly sounds like someone I know lol.
llunga 
4171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 1/4/17



I read that the trick is to change your perception on things.
505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / New Orleans
Offline
Posted 1/4/17
shitposting
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.