WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Marriage just a meme?
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16

YayForKittens wrote:

This seems like something a lonely neckbeard with a grudge against women would create.


I always imagine this.
7860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/16
Well if we don't just limit memes to funny dumb pictures we see on the internet yeah it's a meme.
470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / O / Massachusetts, USA
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16
The old definition of meme was "viral idea", so I guess in a way, yeah.
72 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16
I don't know about it being a meme, but marriage seems pretty risky on the guy's end. High potential to lose half of everything you own and possibly all your children.

But I'm young, I'm sure opinion will change. For now I'll stick with 2D like the social outcast loser I am.

21218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16


This stuff scares the crap out of me. Had a buddy, good guy had his fiancee cheat on him prior to the wedding causing it to be called off, marry another girl later on and two years later ditch him and their daughter since she got sick of being a parent. I'm trying to be positive (ignorant) to these statistics for as long as I can, but once I have some real assets to my name (house, 401k, etc.) I am really going to have to think it over whether or not a legal marriage is what makes the most sense to me, especially if children are not involved in such a relationship.

People cheat all the time, but if you don't legally tie the knot you cannot be financially ruined in the same manner so if you are talking in just a pure relationship sense, there are plenty of fish in the sea. I've been there, cut contact move on and start over. It sucks, but maybe you'll have more luck the next time, idk.

Word of advice: if she has a backup man and you have been dating a long time she's a waste of time, ditch her and find someone who actually respects and cares about you; you'll thank yourself later.
27850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16

TwinBlast wrote:

I am sorry you lack self awareness and don't realize why I say that.


because i said eww because i find polygamous relationships nasty ;P
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

because i said eww because i find polygamous relationships nasty ;P


Not even close. Nice try though. Also look a the pyramids
27850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16

TwinBlast wrote:


Not even close. Nice try though. Also look a the pyramids


Yeah i don't see it, it's not obvious to me or anyone so
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Yeah i don't see it, it's not obvious to me or anyone so :P

Yeah I can see that. This however is bait you lay over to bait me into some kind of argument.
Not a fan of pending hours arguing with people. So bye
213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/29/16
She ain't no Juliet for no Romeo with no dough
27850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/30/16

TwinBlast wrote:

Yeah I can see that. This however is bait you lay over to bait me into some kind of argument.
Not a fan of pending hours arguing with people. So bye



No i'm not baiting you i'm just saying its not something others can see either so you should be more clear i'm just trying to explain that to you so people can understand what you say.
Posted 12/29/16

kevz_210 wrote:



This stuff scares the crap out of me. Had a buddy, good guy had his fiancee cheat on him prior to the wedding causing it to be called off, marry another girl later on and two years later ditch him and their daughter since she got sick of being a parent. I'm trying to be positive (ignorant) to these statistics for as long as I can, but once I have some real assets to my name (house, 401k, etc.) I am really going to have to think it over whether or not a legal marriage is what makes the most sense to me, especially if children are not involved in such a relationship.

People cheat all the time, but if you don't legally tie the knot you cannot be financially ruined in the same manner so if you are talking in just a pure relationship sense, there are plenty of fish in the sea. I've been there, cut contact move on and start over. It sucks, but maybe you'll have more luck the next time, idk.

Word of advice: if she has a backup man and you have been dating a long time she's a waste of time, ditch her and find someone who actually respects and cares about you; you'll thank yourself later.


There a youtuber who has made a lot of money and businesses online. When people bring up what if you divorce your wife, what would happen to everything you build? His answer was this. My wife and I sign some paper that would prevent any of us getting fuck over. If I ever marry a woman or guy I would address this before anything else.
42073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 12/29/16
Yeahs it's very sad when the relationship ends...
runec 
34835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/29/16 , edited 12/29/16

TwinBlast wrote:
When people bring up what if you divorce your wife, what would happen to everything you build? His answer was this. My wife and I sign some paper that would prevent any of us getting fuck over. If I ever marry a woman or guy I would address this before anything else.


Prenup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenuptial_agreement

Also, Onepoll only does online surveys so I would take that infographic with a grain of salt.
21218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 12/29/16

TwinBlast wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:



This stuff scares the crap out of me. Had a buddy, good guy had his fiancee cheat on him prior to the wedding causing it to be called off, marry another girl later on and two years later ditch him and their daughter since she got sick of being a parent. I'm trying to be positive (ignorant) to these statistics for as long as I can, but once I have some real assets to my name (house, 401k, etc.) I am really going to have to think it over whether or not a legal marriage is what makes the most sense to me, especially if children are not involved in such a relationship.

People cheat all the time, but if you don't legally tie the knot you cannot be financially ruined in the same manner so if you are talking in just a pure relationship sense, there are plenty of fish in the sea. I've been there, cut contact move on and start over. It sucks, but maybe you'll have more luck the next time, idk.

Word of advice: if she has a backup man and you have been dating a long time she's a waste of time, ditch her and find someone who actually respects and cares about you; you'll thank yourself later.


There a youtuber who has made a lot of money and businesses online. When people bring up what if you divorce your wife, what would happen to everything you build? His answer was this. My wife and I sign some paper that would prevent any of us getting fuck over. If I ever marry a woman or guy I would address this before anything else.


Good point.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.