First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Gamers are assholes ?
18179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 1/13/17
I feel like Call of Duty community should be #1 worst... It's just completely compromised now. After the greedy shit Activision has been pulling with bundling the remaster and putting pay-to-win gun variants in the form of microtransaction RNG loot boxes I have had enough of Call of Duty....
4284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/17

paulchaested wrote:

I feel like Call of Duty community should be #1 worst... It's just completely compromised now. After the greedy shit Activision has been pulling with bundling the remaster and putting pay-to-win gun variants in the form of microtransaction RNG loot boxes I have had enough of Call of Duty....


gamers are fighting back..you can see it in the games' price

COD IW is hovering around $28 over the past few months.. the legacy edition is around $44 i think

we gamers should speak with our wallet.. stop buying their products until they are willing to listen..
508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / O / Massachusetts, USA
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
when asshole gamers post opinions based on misinformation and get top comment, it's hard to ignore
45345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
Online gaming communities are like fandoms: many of the people involved don't have much social activity outside the community and are not used to everyday social norms. They also rotate membership heavily, just like fandoms.

Playing a game and expecting to meet friendly people with social skills is like going to church to pick up women. It can happen, but it shouldn't be the first place you look.

Play games to enjoy them. Play with friends if you want to have group games. It makes socializing and gaming more fun.
4284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/15/17

machinaprecis wrote:

Online gaming communities are like fandoms: many of the people involved don't have much social activity outside the community and are not used to everyday social norms. They also rotate membership heavily, just like fandoms.

Playing a game and expecting to meet friendly people with social skills is like going to church to pick up women. It can happen, but it shouldn't be the first place you look.

Play games to enjoy them. Play with friends if you want to have group games. It makes socializing and gaming more fun.


it will depend on the games though

Games like Resident Evil 5?.. it's a pretty friendly online experience.

when i started out i got experienced gamers giving me items to help me survive .

i guess in a game where to have to work together to survive instead of killing each other for loots and points.. you will meet more friendly gamers there than those FPS..
45345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
Good point, and I don't think it's too much to ask for. I have met some good folks online too. I just feel bad for people trying to make friends, though I think they're doing a darn good deed.



it will depend on the games though

Games like Resident Evil 5?.. it's a pretty friendly online experience.

when i started out i got experienced gamers giving me items to help me survive .

i guess in a game where to have to work together to survive instead of killing each other for loots and points.. you will meet for friendly gamers there than those FPS..


44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / South Carolina, USA
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
I've made a really good group of friends through online gaming and met some really cool people, but I've also met some really horrible people too. some to the point where I would end up blocking them and they would create new accounts just to message me again. I think it really just depends on each persons attitude and not the fan base as a whole.
11279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/16/17
Not to refute that some gaming communities are definitely more toxic than others but I think it's still worth mentioning that AGDQ 2017 just finished. It's an event that cuts across various gaming communities so it's not really specific to one community or another. Over the course of a week they were able to raise over $2.3 million for the Prevent Cancer Foundation and over the course of their twice yearly events they have raised over $10 million for charity.
4284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/16/17

machinaprecis wrote:

Good point, and I don't think it's too much to ask for. I have met some good folks online too. I just feel bad for people trying to make friends, though I think they're doing a darn good deed.



we are living in the electronic zombies era-- people are staring at a screen all day.. .

you saw Surrogates movie? it might be our near future.. people people don't go out of their house anymore! :sweatingbullets





Aly1205 wrote:

I've made a really good group of friends through online gaming and met some really cool people, but I've also met some really horrible people too. some to the point where I would end up blocking them and they would create new accounts just to message me again. I think it really just depends on each persons attitude and not the fan base as a whole.



sounds like you have some stalkers on your hands (cyber stalkers to be exact)..

block and report..

if their messages are offensive. report those too.

Sony is pretty strict with their ban.. they switched to console ban as well for quite some time now..

when i play online it's hard not to use Mute-- or block messages

there are plenty of sore losers playing online.. so some of them will resort to sending you hate messages after a loss..
Posted 1/15/17
You did see those kind of people who just ruin it for people who are playing any online game.
People should do something better with their time than piss others off on the internet or online games
1272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17

StriderShinryu wrote:

The Fighting Game Community is actually a pretty solid one from my experience, but they're very concerned with people actually making an effort. You need to actually respect the games, the skills involved in playing them and in the history of the community or, yeah, you're probably going to get crapped on. It's a community that is built on respect given it's origins in the rough and tumble arcade world. Put some effort into actually learning the games and not expecting to have your hand held, though, and it's usually going to be cool. Also on the plus side, because it's largely merit based, the FGC is actually more welcoming to minorities than many other gaming communities.


I'm almost inclined to disagree. In the cases that I have experienced, fighting gamers are right on the borderline. They're obsessed with cookie-cutter builds and combos, and much like FPS gamers, get very aggressive if you actually strategize--they hate stunlock combos and will rage if you retreat.


Satorules wrote:

I agree gamers are assholes if from the USA they fight over anything


It isn't regionally determinant. I've played many international games, and people who lose or feel cheated are assholes, regardless of where they're from. I had a friend from Vietnam (a serious P2W player) that had me on his guild's KOS list because I didn't let his brother--who hated me for some reason and absolutely sucked at PvP--kill my character. . Similarly, I was better with a particular skill-based shot, in a martial arts fantasy game, than a couple of players from Brazil and Egypt (these are years and servers apart.) After being publicly shamed by an ungeared character, they used 3rd party aim hacks. The point is: it doesn't matter if they're from the USA or not; most of the hacks and heavy P2W characters are from outside of the U.S.
Posted 1/16/17 , edited 1/16/17
You mean people who spend too much time on the internet are losers?. I agree, getting bad behavior traits from other people, unless you are unlucky to have met terrible people who take this stuff too seriously, only if you can't shun that stuff away and just be whatever. Playing video games is all in good fun. Nothing harmful about it.
1072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Los Angeles, CA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

StriderShinryu wrote:

Not to refute that some gaming communities are definitely more toxic than others but I think it's still worth mentioning that AGDQ 2017 just finished. It's an event that cuts across various gaming communities so it's not really specific to one community or another. Over the course of a week they were able to raise over $2.3 million for the Prevent Cancer Foundation and over the course of their twice yearly events they have raised over $10 million for charity.


as a member of the speedrunning community, i have to say that one of the things that drew me to this subsection of gaming is the fact that the ideas of charity and anti-bigotry are held in the highest regard. hate speech and trolling are not tolerated at all.
Posted 1/16/17
THE WHOLE PARAGON COMMUNITY ON REDDIT IS PURE FUCKING CANCER.
2102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/20/17
There are assholes and elitists everywhere, no matter what you do or what you're playing.
Also I think it depends on the game, because people seem to be nicer in other games than in, let's say, stuff like CoD or so haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.