First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Fake News!
Posted 1/1/17

Rujikin wrote:


To be fair, two different "journalists". In the world of news outlets, different journalists will have a different perspective. As for the giant-sized image you have in your last response - the most annoying atrocity of all media (regardless of mainstream or bias) is their repugnant reusing of images because they're too cheap to hire a photographer (instead, they'll focus on "shock" articles with "similar" images like that one). Mainstream media (Fox/CNN/MSNBC/CBS...) swiftly adopted the belief that if they follow "independent" news sites (Breitbart, Drudge Report, Townhall, Huffington Post, Mother Jones, etc..) with quick stories with more editorial insight than "center of the road" political stance and factual insight. This last election shows just that - people don't really want "center of the road" reporting, they want reporting that aligns with their views/beliefs.

TL;DR: All media is biased and portrays semi-"fake" news depending on the context being conveyed based off of the perception of the original source of the material. When looking at laws/bills that are trying to be passed, look at the actual bill instead of allowing some journalist who is paid to tell you exactly what you want to hear about them ("Obama Trying to Ruin Trump's Presidency!", "Trump Posts Stupid Tweet .. Again!", "Liberals Crying in Public Spaces!", "Conservatives are all Nazis!" ... etc).
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/5/17
The trouble is that CNN and others like them, have been criminalizing other news outlets for presenting fake news. CNN and others like them, have started a movement, to censor and shut down alternative news sites. Yet, here they are, presenting fake news...
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/5/17

DeadlyOats wrote:

The trouble is that CNN and others like them, have been criminalizing other news outlets for presenting fake news. CNN and others like them, have started a movement, to censor and shut down alternative news sites. Yet, here they are, presenting fake news...


It makes sense to do this, at least on a business level. Mainstream media, who's sole purpose is to gain watchers and money from advertisers aren't going to sit around and let a few people hanging out in a rented co-working office put them out of business. Therefore, they're going to be aggressively attacking these sites while mimicking the worst of behavior from them - the click bait, the editorial "journalism", and near-conspiracy theorist level of antagonism against "other" news sources. They (all mainstream media, not just CNN) is assuming that their 24/7 coverage of "the news" will continue to appeal to their market demographics.

Fox News is struggling due to their core demographic is dying off and the younger generation is refusing to pick them up (either because they've found a less mainstream conservative-bias news source or they're liberals and think that Fox News panders too heavily towards the conservative mindset). The average viewer for CNN is around 59 years old... Fox? 68 years old. MSNBC? 63 years old. The younger generation (15-50) get most of their news either from social media (Facebook/Twitter/Reddit) or independent news sources.. Let's just say this is their "Hail Mary" when it comes to trying to pander to the younger generation (all of mainstream media).

I don't agree with it; just understand why it's happening and will continue to happen. CNN will only be one of the first, of many, media outlets that will follow this line of reasoning.
47163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17
Mainstream media are in the business of making money and viewership, they don't really care about facts as long as it's something that can sell. The only once that really aren't are government funded media, but even then you can't trust them as their most likely trying to push their narritive and their political views. cough SVT cough oh what's that nothing...
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

It makes sense to do this, at least on a business level. Mainstream media, who's sole purpose is to gain watchers and money from advertisers aren't going to sit around and let a few people hanging out in a rented co-working office put them out of business. Therefore, they're going to be aggressively attacking these sites while mimicking the worst of behavior from them - the click bait, the editorial "journalism", and near-conspiracy theorist level of antagonism against "other" news sources. They (all mainstream media, not just CNN) is assuming that their 24/7 coverage of "the news" will continue to appeal to their market demographics.








Pope Francis calls spreading fake news a sin



Youtube is deleting Pizzagate videos


Mainstream media, who's sole purpose is to gain watchers and money from advertisers aren't going to sit around and let a few people hanging out in a rented co-working office put them out of business.


Youtube is deleting Pizzagate videos

35307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17

LalaSataIin wrote:








-.-

It's almost like the things you post are inaccurate~

https://www.google.ca/trends/explore?date=today%2012-m&q=fake%20news,pizzagate

68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17

runec wrote:

-.-

It's almost like the things you post are inaccurate~

https://www.google.ca/trends/explore?date=today%2012-m&q=fake%20news,pizzagate


Lala thanks you for uploading the latest image, which makes Lala's point more clear. Lala simply uploaded an image of the trends from a few weeks ago. Unless you were trying to imply that Lala's image was photoshopped? Lala thinks you missed the point.

The other day it was uncovered that alleged pedophile James Alefantis has a connection with convicted child-trafficker Laura Silsby. James Alefantis' attorney is a director of the orphanage that Laura Silsby was given children from. James Alefantis is close friends with the attorney's father, who spoke out against a neighborhood commissioner who accused Alefantis of soliciting rapes and murders in 2008. James Alefantis is also friends with the attorney's sister, and is frequently cited in photos with her on Instagram.

Lala wonders how far you're willing to go to deny the facts.
35307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/5/17

LalaSataIin wrote:
The other day it was uncovered that alleged pedophile James Alefantis has a connection with convicted child-trafficker Laura Silsby. James Alefantis' attorney is a director of the orphanage that Laura Silsby was given children from. James Alefantis is close friends with the attorney's father, who spoke out against a neighborhood commissioner who accused Alefantis of soliciting rapes and murders in 2008. James Alefantis is also friends with the attorney's sister, and is frequently cited in photos with her on Instagram.

Lala wonders how far you're willing to go to deny the facts.


And I continue to wonder how far you're willing to keep hurling serious accusations without ever actually speaking like a grown up. You, frighteningly enough, seem to want us all to take you seriously. Yet you can't even take yourself seriously. Which makes all your weak attempts at arguing "facts" and logical fallacies come across as childish at best.

Once more: If you actually gave a shit about anything you were talking about or any of the supposed "victims" you pretend to be concerned about then you would stop talking like a Firby with an subreddit rss feed. Until such a time as that occurs everything you say rings hollow and not just because you are peddling tired conspiracy theories.

Say it with me now: grow up, put up or shut up.




Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/5/17
Lala should protest in front of that pizza place until more people pay attention.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17

runec wrote:

And I continue to wonder how far you're willing to keep hurling serious accusations without ever actually speaking like a grown up. You, frighteningly enough, seem to want us all to take you seriously. Yet you can't even take yourself seriously. Which makes all your weak attempts at arguing "facts" and logical fallacies come across as childish at best.

Once more: If you actually gave a shit about anything you were taking about or any of the supposed "victims" you pretend to be concerned about then you would stop talking like a Firby with an subreddit rss feed. Until such a time as that occurs everything you say rings hollow and not just because you are peddling tired conspiracy theories.

Say it with me now: grow up, put up or shut up.


Lala wonders how you are going to filter these facts:

Court document showing Max Maccoby represented James Alefantis for an $850,000 blackmail case:

https://www.docdroid.net/lIpLMAN/brock-court-documents-.pdf.html



Max Maccoby's official website: https://archive.fo/pJEJh


Mr. Maccoby graduated from the University of Chicago, B.A. in 1992, and Syracuse University College of Law, J.D. in 1996, where he received the Excellence in Jurisprudence of Human Rights Award. He is a member of the bars of the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and Illinois. He is on the board of directors for the nonprofit charity Friends of the Orphans and is an advocate for their cause.


Fox News article revealing that convicted child-trafficker Laura Silsby was given children from Friends of the Orphans, which Max Maccoby is a director at.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2010/02/02/alleged-haitian-orphans-case-attempted-child-trafficking-or-big.html


VAN SUSTEREN: Where did they find these 33 children? How did they get these children?

PUELLO: There was an orphanage that collapsed in Haiti. It was called friends of the orphans of Haiti. And there was somebody over there that told them that the orphans had no place, no room to place them.


Jorge Puello, Laura Silsby's lawyer, is a wanted child-trafficker in 4 other countries.

Lala thinks that this is real journalism. Do you appreciate the truth?
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17

Xxanthar wrote:

Lala should protest in front of that pizza place until more people pay attention.


Pizzagate will dominate 2017. People will not stop until this is investigated and exposed.

Heroic Child-Trafficking Activist Protests at Church Mass
Posted 1/1/17

LalaSataIin wrote:

Pizzagate will dominate 2017. People will not stop until this is investigated and exposed.



How much money have you donated to the cause?
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17

Xxanthar wrote:

How much money have you donated to the cause?


Lala has donated a lot of Lala's savings, but Lala won't tell you how much.
Posted 1/1/17 , edited 1/1/17

LalaSataIin wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

How much money have you donated to the cause?


Lala has donated a lot of Lala's savings, but Lala won't tell you how much.


I can sell you a bridge that I own, for very cheap. You can set up a toll booth and give all the money you earn to the cause. PM if you are interested.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/1/17

Xxanthar wrote:

I can sell you a bridge that I own for very cheap. You can set up a toll booth and give all the money you earn to the cause. PM if you are interested.


Lala can't trust someone who denies the truth. Children are being sold like fast food.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.