College Themed Anime Recommendations?
635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/5/17
It's no secret that typical animes are centered around protagonists who are around high school age.

As a viewer, watching these MC's of the same group can get tiring; especially after having done so for years.

Unfortunately, not only has it gotten boring, I've also aged past that category. I'm attending university and it'd be a nice change to see an anime focus around characters who are also attending university.

I barely know a handful that fit into that category, so I'd like to ask the CR community to help me with some recommendations!

So far the only animes centered around university students I've watched are:
- Golden Time
- Honey and Clover
- Death Note (can you even count this?)
wyrvan 
67246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/5/17

SoupReaper wrote:

It's no secret that typical animes are centered around protagonists who are around high school age.

As a viewer, watching these MC's of the same group can get tiring; especially after having done so for years.

Unfortunately, not only has it gotten boring, I've also aged past that category. I'm attending university and it'd be a nice change to see an anime focus around characters who are also attending university.

I barely know a handful that fit into that category, so I'd like to ask the CR community to help me with some recommendations!

So far the only animes centered around university students I've watched are:
- Golden Time
- Honey and Clover
- Death Note (can you even count this?)





These are the only ones I can think of offhand.

Genshiken Second Season - About an anime and manga collage club. Two seasons and some OVAs, But only the second season is on CR.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/genshiken-second-season

Eden of the East - In the first season several of the characters are in the process of graduating collage. Political thiller
Funimation





4456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/5/17
try going through this list

https://myanimelist.net/anime/16/Hachimitsu_to_Clover/userrecs

not all of them are college age though..
17275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/5/17
Ah! My Goddess
Listen to Me, Girls, I’m Your Father! (not centred on university life but the main character is a university student).

635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/6/17

MidoriNoTora wrote:

Ah! My Goddess
Listen to Me, Girls, I’m Your Father! (not centred on university life but the main character is a university student).



It's fine that it's not centered around university life! I was just sick of watching a protagonist with a naive mentality and constantly struggling with pubescent/hormonal driven instincts.
635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/6/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

try going through this list

https://myanimelist.net/anime/16/Hachimitsu_to_Clover/userrecs

not all of them are college age though..


Ah, good call! Can't believe I didn't think of that - definitely found some with a university student MC. Thanks!
635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/6/17

wyrvan wrote:


SoupReaper wrote:

It's no secret that typical animes are centered around protagonists who are around high school age.

As a viewer, watching these MC's of the same group can get tiring; especially after having done so for years.

Unfortunately, not only has it gotten boring, I've also aged past that category. I'm attending university and it'd be a nice change to see an anime focus around characters who are also attending university.

I barely know a handful that fit into that category, so I'd like to ask the CR community to help me with some recommendations!

So far the only animes centered around university students I've watched are:
- Golden Time
- Honey and Clover
- Death Note (can you even count this?)





These are the only ones I can think of offhand.

Genshiken Second Season - About an anime and manga collage club. Two seasons and some OVAs, But only the second season is on CR.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/genshiken-second-season

Eden of the East - In the first season several of the characters are in the process of graduating collage. Political thiller
Funimation



Thank you for the recommendations! I've actually thought about watching Eden of the East but had forgotten about it up to now. I'll be sure to watch these.
28238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/6/17
Long Riders all college aged women form a bike club on Daiske network pretty good
21890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 1/5/17 , edited 1/6/17
Golden Time, they do seem to be quite rare though.
mnmike 
22484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/17 , edited 1/6/17
Others not mentioned yet:

Steins; Gate (one of greatest anime ever)
Ai Yori Aoshi
Itazaru na Kiss
Love Hina (great manga... anime is just okay)
Nagi no Asukara (second half)


Others about college aged protagonist, but that never show them doing anything even remotely school-related:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natsuyuki Rendezvous (about college aged boy, widow he crushes on, and ghost of her dead husband)
Valkyria Chronicles (main character on leave from university to fight in war)
Btooom (protagonist is a college-aged NEET)
Log Horizon (protagonist is college-aged... but stuck in video game, so maybe that doesn't matter)
Sekirie
Sailor Candy Moderator
221177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 2/2/18 , edited 2/2/18
Forum clean up ^,^ removing posts from over a year ago!
You must be logged in to post.