First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Worst Games You Played in 2016 ?
Posted 1/8/17

SoupReaper wrote:

Undertale.



Undertale wasn't horrible. I think it was overrated because of nostalgia/premise (the ability to go through a game without harming a monster/creature was its gimmick).
1530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
Dark Souls 3 for me. I was extremely excited when it was released, only to get bored with it quickly. Heavy armor is useless, two-handing a weapon is not advised, poise doesn't exist, and the areas weren't really memorable.
Sogno- 
47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
some otome games are really bad

voltage games are
3704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/8/17


this is not the first RPG from TriAce? ..

the usual mediocre story + new problems like having story related conversations while in the middle of battle ??

i didn't bother with AC series after the one on the PSP.. so it's been a while for me. i got AC syndicate for $8.. so it's time to get back to this series

speaking of patches.. AC unity's patches were about the same size of a full game (or so i heard) ?

wait.. you platinumed star ocean 5 ? star ocean games always require a lot of grinding for the platinum .. a fellow gamer i know who are into RPGs will not even bother with star ocean games' platinum.. you must have a lot of patience..



SoupReaper wrote:

Undertale.



i have no clue what the game you listed is... if it's pc, indie, mobile or nintendo only then i might have no idea about the game.. or maybe digital only ?..
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
I'm going to go with Mafia III. I almost spent the extra money on the collector's edition with all of the cool stuff too. I mean it was cool collectors edition but, the game itself was awful to me. I know you can claim that a lot of games are repetitive and uninspired but, I felt as if a lot of Mafia was bland. They could of taken a lot of the stealth stuff out and it would of been a lot better.
3704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/8/17 , edited 1/8/17

ntcertified wrote:

I'm going to go with Mafia III. I almost spent the extra money on the collector's edition with all of the cool stuff too. I mean it was cool collectors edition but, the game itself was awful to me. I know you can claim that a lot of games are repetitive and uninspired but, I felt as if a lot of Mafia was bland. They could of taken a lot of the stealth stuff out and it would of been a lot better.


they released some new patches for it recently.... maybe the gameplay is a bit better now?


i heard there's no fast travel in this game.. so you have to actually spend minutes driving back and fore in a game to get to the next objective

honestly.. i rather have a linear but story/gameplay focus game.. instead of a game with many random stuff to do that i'm don't even care for the story anymore


i beat most open world games in 10-15 hours since i will just follow the story missions mostly.. so i'm not a fan of those open world games where you need a certain stats or points or complete a certain side missions before unlocking the story missions? .. that's forced grinding

good games don't need to force you to grind.. since you will grind on our own if the game if fun to play !
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/8/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


ntcertified wrote:

I'm going to go with Mafia III. I almost spent the extra money on the collector's edition with all of the cool stuff too. I mean it was cool collectors edition but, the game itself was awful to me. I know you can claim that a lot of games are repetitive and uninspired but, I felt as if a lot of Mafia was bland. They could of taken a lot of the stealth stuff out and it would of been a lot better.


they released some new patches for it recently.... maybe the gameplay is a bit better now?


i heard there's no fast travel in this game.. so you have to actually spend minutes driving back and fore in a game to get to the next objective

honestly.. i rather have a linear but story/gameplay focus.. instead of with some many random stuff to do that i'm not even care for the story anymore


i beat most open world games in 10-15 hours since i will just follow the story missions mostly.. so i'm not a fan of those open world games where you need a certain stats or poitns or complete a certain side missions before unlocking the story missions? ..


I will have to agree with you on that. I enjoyed the story for the amount of time that I played it but, I couldn't get over the gameplay. I may need to go back since they've added patches.
3704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/8/17

ntcertified wrote:

I will have to agree with you on that. I enjoyed the story for the amount of time that I played it but, I couldn't get over the gameplay. I may need to go back since they've added patches.


Mafia II was pretty bugggy at launch.. the most recent patch is 1.05

do you have a PS4 pro?.. i heard they added the patch to increase the resolution to 1440p..

[4K] Mafia 3: PS4 Pro Patch 1.05 Analysis + PS4/Xbox One Frame-Rate Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMRPKkDtfs

11935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA (Miami, FL)
Offline
Posted 1/8/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


fatebreaker wrote:

Ah, I forgot about Star Ocean 5. It's a completely forgettable game, so I guess it's understandable, lol. I thought it was better than Star Ocean: The Last Hope but that's definitely not saying very much.


star ocean needs a reboot..

Star ocean 3 was a good game imo.. it was my first action rpg.. but having it being a final game in the series was kind of odd..

Star ocean 4 and 5 are prequels? ..

play star ocean games for the battle system-- not much for the story

it's like playing Grandia III (PS2) from way back..

JRPGs need to move away from bedtime story type of storyline..


I've played them all, and not even my nostalgia could get in the way of seeing it as anything other than being mediocre. Unbalanced battle system, overuse of battle effects, terrible camera and a bad story (even by JRPG standards) The role system was the only thing that I thought was actually pretty good.

Either way, the series has gone mobile for now. Even with how bad I found the last two games, I liked to see a 6th game be made (with no budget constraints)
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/8/17 , edited 1/8/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

Mafia II was pretty bugggy at launch.. the most recent patch is 1.05

do you have a PS4 pro?.. i heard they added the patch to increase the resolution to 1440p..

[4K] Mafia 3: PS4 Pro Patch 1.05 Analysis + PS4/Xbox One Frame-Rate Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMRPKkDtfs



I do not have a PS4 Pro yet. I plan to get one in the near future. I have a 4K TV set and all. Ready for it.
3704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/8/17

fatebreaker wrote:

I've played them all, and not even my nostalgia could get in the way of seeing it as anything other than being mediocre. Unbalanced battle system, overuse of battle effects, terrible camera and a bad story (even by JRPG standards) The role system was the only thing that I thought was actually pretty good.

Either way, the series has gone mobile for now
. Even with how bad I found the last two games, I liked to see a 6th game be made (with no budget constraints)



i heard about that.. when it's gone mobile/digital/pc only then it's out of my reach..

so is the 6th star ocean another prequel?




ntcertified wrote:

I do not have a PS4 Pro yet. I plan to get one in the near future. I have a 4K TV set and all. Ready for it.


are you considering the Scorpio?.. if it has another CPU.. when we are entering the next gen already

in 2017.. nintendo and switch will be considered as next gen consoles.. while playstation will be last gen ?.
Posted 1/8/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
this is not the first RPG from TriAce? ..

the usual mediocre story + new problems like having story related conversations while in the middle of battle ??

wait.. you platinumed star ocean 5 ? star ocean games always require a lot of grinding for the platinum .. a fellow gamer i know who are into RPGs will not even bother with star ocean games' platinum.. you must have a lot of patience..


Well, no. I know that TriAce is notorious for some of the methods you've outlined here.
Star Ocean games aren't actually as bad as some of the jRPGs that I've got platinum on. Max level was 255 on "Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness" - whereas the diabolical strategy RPG that is known as Disgaea has a max level of 9999 (and I have a full army of 9999 monsters/characters and have platinum Disgaea 3-5 without any complications). It's usually those Compile Heart jRPGs that take an endless amount of time ("collect all weapons/armor/accessories", "collect all types of items", "find all treasure chests"... etc) for me. I haven't bothered trying to platinum most games like this. Star Ocean 5 did have a "catalog every item" trophy that took me about 3-4 days of gameplay (I'd say about 18-25 hours of actual playing) to get.


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

are you considering the Scorpio?.. if it has another CPU.. when we are entering the next gen already

in 2017.. nintendo and switch will be considered as next gen consoles.. while playstation will be last gen ?.


The Scorpio is going to stay in the AMD line of processors (Vega, probably). The Nintendo Switch is going to be on par with the base PS4, so there's nothing to worry about there. I'm still happy with my PS4 Pro and offer no suggestion as to why one should wait to get one. I'll be getting the Nintendo Switch as well, just that it's definitely not what I'll consider "next-gen". Scorpio will just be a PS4 Pro with a different CPU .. can be interesting; however, the Microsoft library is pretty much lacking for me so far. (I know this question wasn't posed to me. lol)
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/8/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

are you considering the Scorpio?.. if it has another CPU.. when we are entering the next gen already

in 2017.. nintendo and switch will be considered as next gen consoles.. while playstation will be last gen ?.


I will purchase the Scorpio pretty much without question. I tend to be a Microsoft guy when it comes to games. The Xbox One just started off wrong in my opinion. I guess we can call The Switch next gen but, it'll be underpowered still. I would say that Scorpio will be considered this gen since it's going to run along with the X1.
2421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
Quantum Break and SFV.
59046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
I am going to vote for Star Ocean (5) – Integrity and Faithfulness, but I picked it up already knowing that it was going to disappoint me (because I loved Star Ocean 2 and absolutely hate Star Ocean 3). *shrugs* Which suggests that 2016, as a whole, was a very good years for the kinds of games I like to play.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.