First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Places You Frequently Shop At ?
19656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
I do my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and the remainder of my regular purchases between Amazon, Steam, and AmiAmi. Newegg for computer parts (though Amazon is really on their tail in recent times).
7239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/8/17 , edited 1/8/17
Electronics:
Best Buy
Amazon

Clothing:
Abercrombie & Fitch
Express
Neiman Marcus
Saks Fifth Avenue
Victoria's Secret

Groceries & Misc:
Nijiya
Mitsuwa
H-Mart
99 Ranch Market
Whole Foods
Costco
Sam's Club
Wal-Mart
Target
Amazon

I also go to Barnes & Noble to buy books.
qwueri 
20812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
Aldi: Fresh Produce, meat, wine
Food City: Canned produce, dry goods, dairy, beer
Office Depot: electronics and office supplies I don't want to wait on shipping for
Amazon: everything else
53387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
Usually amazon, costco, and bestbuy 0.0)
21398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 1/8/17
Groceries: Shop Rite

Clothing: Walmart, Old Navy, Sears

Gaming: Steam, Retro Game Stores, Walmart

Liquor: Total Wine and More
llunga 
4265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 1/9/17


Storenvy has interesting clothing selections.
19306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
Food - Costco, Safeway, Trader Joe's. I go to all three at least once a week, especially TJs.

Clothing - Ross, TJ Maxx, Amazon. The first two are close to my house, and you'll never catch me paying $100+ for a purse. TJ Maxx also has an amazing selection of soap and beauty items.

Fun stuff - I check Yahoo Japan for artwork at least once a day, and Mandarake every couple days or so. Even though I routinely check, I do not buy that often. I usually limit myself to a specific kind of artwork, which makes things a lot easier.
Posted 1/9/17
Since there's been a new H-Mart that's opened somewhat nearby (in Cary, NC), I've gone there a handful of times. It's great for getting groceries that allow for making stir fry and similar noodle dishes. I don't think it'll be a constant/frequent shopping venture there - but, when I'm looking for that type of grocery, I'll definitely be hitting it up.

I've gone to other places - just that the ones I've listed are my "frequent haunts/shopping" places. First shirts and clothing, I usually find online retailers of some sort. A lot of my shirts are in line with the whole "nerdy/quirky" kind of thing.. so Thinkgeek is a semi-frequent place I'll get shirts and such from.
11635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Italy for a year
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
Zara Man
Game Stop
Oxxo
4018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/9/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

  • Best Buy - Televisions, games, consoles... I tend to get "bigger" purchases here. Bought a few 4K televisions here in the past year.



  • you are also a member of their Gamer Club Unlocked?

    20% off new games + 2x the points for $30 for 2 year..

    i don't know how long they will keep it up like this..
    Posted 1/9/17

    AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
    you are also a member of their Gamer Club Unlocked?

    20% off new games + 2x the points for $30 for 2 year..

    i don't know how long they will keep it up like this..


    Nah, I don't buy into things like GCU or "PowerUp Rewards".
    I just buy games as I wish and carry on without worrying about jumping into such programs that have little yield. GCU is only doing that to compete with Amazon (20% off all new games/consoles and release date delivery as part of Amazon Prime). If there's a game I'm waiting to be released, I end up pre-ordering through Amazon - if it's a "spur of the moment" purchase, I just get it from GameStop. Best Buy .. I think I bought their "Skyrim: Limited Edition" for PS4 simply because it came with the Dragonborn "mask". Other than that, I haven't bought a video game from them in a while.
    4018 cr points
    Send Message: Send PM GB Post
    Online
    Posted 1/9/17

    ninjitsuko wrote:

    Nah, I don't buy into things like GCU or "PowerUp Rewards".
    I just buy games as I wish and carry on without worrying about jumping into such programs that have little yield. GCU is only doing that to compete with Amazon (20% off all new games/consoles and release date delivery as part of Amazon Prime). If there's a game I'm waiting to be released, I end up pre-ordering through Amazon - if it's a "spur of the moment" purchase, I just get it from GameStop. Best Buy .. I think I bought their "Skyrim: Limited Edition" for PS4 simply because it came with the Dragonborn "mask". Other than that, I haven't bought a video game from them in a while.


    you can also pre-order games from best buy .. ..

    for pre-orders .. beside 20% off new games you will also get $10 credit.

    imo.. it's a better deal..
    Posted 1/9/17

    AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
    you can also pre-order games from best buy .. ..

    for pre-orders .. beside 20% off new games you will also get $10 credit.

    imo.. it's a better deal..


    While true, I just don't like buying games from Best Buy in most cases. Their pre-order bonuses are weaker than GameStop or Amazon, in my experience (so far). The "deal" aspect doesn't really matter to me. I just want to make sure I get a steelbook case and as many pre-order bonuses (if I'm pre-ordering, it better be worth it - like I bought Persona 5 from Play-Asia since the bonuses on the US release didn't quite compare to the Famitsu DX pack).
    4018 cr points
    Send Message: Send PM GB Post
    Online
    Posted 1/9/17

    ninjitsuko wrote:


    AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
    you can also pre-order games from best buy .. ..

    for pre-orders .. beside 20% off new games you will also get $10 credit.

    imo.. it's a better deal..


    While true, I just don't like buying games from Best Buy in most cases. Their pre-order bonuses are weaker than GameStop or Amazon, in my experience (so far). The "deal" aspect doesn't really matter to me. I just want to make sure I get a steelbook case and as many pre-order bonuses (if I'm pre-ordering, it better be worth it - like I bought Persona 5 from Play-Asia since the bonuses on the US release didn't quite compare to the Famitsu DX pack).


    i know Amazon has 20% off for pre-order games.. but not for new games or $10 credit though..

    it's been a while since i was a prime member (back when it was only $79 and free shipping was $25 (not $49)

    $99+ tax a year

    i don't shop at Amazon that often so justify the high admission price of prime..

    i avoid gamestop for personal reasons.. don't like when asked for NEW they gave me an opened game.. trying to sell it to me at full price..
    mxdan 
    11120 cr points
    Send Message: Send PM GB Post
    27 / M / A Husk.
    Online
    Posted 1/9/17
    Amazon. Amazon. and Amazon.
    First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
    You must be logged in to post.