First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Gintama. (2017) Discussion
231404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/25/17
Finally got the chance to start the new season and once again I'm not disappointed. Gintama always gets better each season!
Can't wait to see what happens next!
Le_Dom 
17209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 1/25/17
Zura is about to show his true credentials as a badass, but of course he just trolls his opponent until the credits roll. What a guy
12023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/29/17
Episode 320:

As soon as I saw the episode title I just imagined Zura seeing it at the script reading with everyone and monkey Sorachi, and saying like "Oh for fuck's sake..." But that was pretty badass, that moment when he owned the nickname. Cool little look in the past to see how it started and it's meaning as well, also that he isn't the most renown fighter (except when the gloves come off) but almost all success can be attributed to him and you would never know.
27819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ]
Offline
Posted 1/29/17

After all the 300+ episodes that came to pass, we finally get to see Katsura Kotarou's life. Not just a cameo of his childhood image, but the kind of life he's led. A smart kid walking the path of a "coward" 'til his growing years. A significant choice, especially when applied on the battlefield. And now, we also learn what other type of weapon he can use, aside from those bombs and his katana. XD





Lastly, there's Gundam, LOL.



Le_Dom 
17209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 1/29/17

-CLICK- wrote:


After all the 300+ episodes that came to pass, we finally get to see Katsura Kotarou's life. Not just a cameo of his childhood image, but the kind of life he's led. A smart kid walking the path of a "coward" 'til his growing years. A significant choice, especially when applied on the battlefield. And now, we also learn what other type of weapon he can use, aside from those bombs and his katana. XD








Ditto, so great to finally know a little more about him aside from how he's a goofy rebel leader and childhood friend of Gintoki.

27819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ]
Offline
Posted 1/29/17

Le_Dom wrote:

Ditto, so great to finally know a little more about him aside from how he's a goofy rebel leader and childhood friend of Gintoki.




And that is the sad part. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I'd rather see this series continue on, but of course all good things must come to an end.

17615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 2/1/17
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-981505/gintama-3-dub-comes-to-crunchyroll

Unrelated to season 4 but here is the dub of season 3!
Le_Dom 
17209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 2/1/17


Odd they're starting so late in the series. Hopefully they'll get around to dubbing the earlier episodes as well.
17615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 2/1/17 , edited 2/1/17

Le_Dom wrote:


Odd they're starting so late in the series. Hopefully they'll get around to dubbing the earlier episodes as well.


If had to guess either three things:
1) Seasons 1 & 2 had a lot more content and dialogues that were near-impossible if not impossible to translate. Perhaps it's taking more time to make a new script while trying to stay close to the original Japanese script.
2) Season 4 is airing/simulcasting and CR wants to tackle season 4 to follow up from season 3.
3) It's unclear if Sentai still holds the rights to episodes 1-51 or if CR did indeed purchase the rights from Sentai.
Le_Dom 
17209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 2/1/17

paulchaested wrote:


Le_Dom wrote:


Odd they're starting so late in the series. Hopefully they'll get around to dubbing the earlier episodes as well.


If had to guess either three things:
1) Seasons 1 & 2 had a lot more content and dialogues that were near-impossible if not impossible to translate. Perhaps it's taking more time to make a new script while trying to stay close to the original Japanese script.
2) Season 4 is airing/simulcasting and CR wants to tackle season 4 to follow up from season 3.
3) It's unclear if Sentai still holds the rights to episodes 1-51 or if CR did indeed purchase the rights from Sentai.


One of the CR guys was at my local con and mentionned they have all the rights for Gintama: streaming, home releases and dubbing. So I'm guessing they will eventually dub the earlier seasons if there's a demand.

On that note, the dub is pretty well done! Haven't heard anything from Ocean aside from Death Note, Nana and Black Lagoon so it's nice they they got to do it.
3001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/1/17
It just doesn't feel like Gintama when Gintoki isn't center stage. It makes sense that they want to focus on all the side characters before wrapping things up potentially, but the lack of Gintoki really makes it feel like a whole different show. The Zura scenes were pretty nice, let's see how they plan on closing up the arc. I'm guessing the lack of Kagura will change very soon.

I have to say I'm not a fan of the sequential flow of the episodes. The way episodes try to start and end with a single character interrupts fight scenes, which I thought had much greater potential in the animation department.
Posted 2/5/17
I just saw the first ep of the dubs.
I feel like skipping the rest of the dubs.
27819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ]
Offline
Posted 2/5/17 , edited 2/5/17

EPISODE 321


From Katsura's battle below, we now switch to Sakamoto Tatsuma and his crew on air. And with Nobunobu as the guest on their ship, the latter learns that there's more to the Kaientai than bein' a merchant fleet led by a clown-like business trader. A rude awakening of his obligation as a leader.


Interesting how Sakamoto's flashback of the Joui war ties itself towards Gin's flashback, thereby leading to a different present encounter on the ground. A nice way to shift the scene elsewhere.




And next week's episode........ this is where things becomes crazier.





((Edited post, as the old one comprises of mere comment 'bout the Italian subs.))


12023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/5/17
If we're drawing straws as to who has to crawl behind Mutsu and stare at her ass, don't bother, I happily volunteer. Sakamoto, Mutsu and crew are always enjoyable to follow, their pop culture references are always the easiest. Good timing with Resident Evil: Biohazard out now and everyone has atleast heard of Doraemon.

I remember wondering a long time ago why Sakamoto has turned to guns now as opposed to swords. That was albeit very brief, but a very cool way to hype up this next guy. He was mentioned in passing with...the other guy, i forget his name. Shinpachi and Otae's unrelated older brother.
20522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 2/6/17
Mutsu has an ass? Where is this? Did I miss it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.