First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Fiat Chrysler announces $1B investment in Michigan and Ohio plants
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Xxanthar wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

And if I offered an opinion or insight on it you would be complaining about that...

The point of this thread is to inform people that things are slowly improving in the USA thanks to Trump actually doing his job. Don't you agree it's nice to see large investments in the USA again with jobs being created instead of lost?


What's good for America is usually bad for liberals.


The truth is usually bad for conservatives. The decision to do this had nothing to do with Trump.
Posted 1/9/17

Dark_Alma wrote:
Trump has already talked about freezing government hiring, which is a LOT of white collar jobs (just look on USAjobs.gov) There are thousands of white collar jobs there at any given time.

I think he was more grunts and less educated people. Just what I have seen so far though.


Yeah, this is what I mean by my doubts of him actually stabilizing the job market. He's focusing more on blue-collar positions that don't require education; whereas, the majority of those having issues in the job market are educated with at least a bachelor's degree. Admitted, in such manufacturing locations - the blue-collar positions are the ones most required. I'm more so thinking in regard to stabilizing the job market altogether.


Xxanthar wrote:

See where I'm going with this?


Yes, I do. "I'm fixated on blaming one side of a political spectrum to the point of being oblivious to the fact that the side that I align with, politically, is contributing to the same issues I'm complaining about." is pretty much what you're saying in that discussion. Both Republicans and Democrats have damaged the US economy, job market, and the country as a whole over the past 30-50 years. Simply stating that one side is the "cause of all things" will just mean that we'll continue to go back and forth politically due to the political discord being at the tension it is in the past 4-5 years.
Posted 1/9/17

ran76 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

And if I offered an opinion or insight on it you would be complaining about that...

The point of this thread is to inform people that things are slowly improving in the USA thanks to Trump actually doing his job. Don't you agree it's nice to see large investments in the USA again with jobs being created instead of lost?


What's good for America is usually bad for liberals.


The truth is usually bad for conservatives. The decision to do this had nothing to do with Trump.


Because you say so? Businesses expand when they have a positive outlook on the future. That's the way it works.


What's this? More bad news for liberals!
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/09/alibaba-to-discuss-expansion-plans-with-trump-company-aims-to-create-1-million-us-jobs-over-the-next-5-years.html

37069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17

qwueri wrote:

I don't quite buy that lobbyists have taken over Congress. The flow of money from lobbying interests may dilute the voice of voters with that of corporate interests, but that does not join business decisions at the hip of congressional action. The free market is alive and well even with lobbyists running around, it's just not nor has it ever been a laissez faire market.

For the time being at least, business are still mostly competing with each other with the market determining which prices sell. If Trump ramps up his micromanaging when and where businesses set up with actual policy, that's a huge shift in how the US does business. From state level responsibility to attract jobs to a nation wide dictation. It's a huge expansion of government involvement in businesses, including national location of plants in the perceived 'pubic good.' And that's going to ramp up lobbying efforts, above and/or under the table.


There is a wealth of examples of corruption and the influence of money in Washington, D.C. John Boehner hands out cheques from tobacco lobbyists on the House floor, legislators are caught submitting drafts written entirely by lobbying firms without edits as their own work, elected officials move back and forth between holding public and/or party offices and private sector "consulting" or lobbying jobs with firms that supported their election bids with gobs of cash, federal legislators (yes, even some legislators) complain that party fundraising requirements have appreciably distracted them from their work and that they're unable to secure electoral support without meeting those requirements, and elected officials give speech, after breakfast/dinner, after phone conference with high dollar donors and suddenly start sounding a lot like them. The Republican Party, immediately upon assuming power in the 115th Congress, tried to take an axe to an independent ethics board, with the charge being led by people under ethics investigations themselves. The only reason they failed is because people noticed they were doing it. People often don't notice what they're doing. Executive and judicial appointments being given to unqualified donors, favouritism in committee selections among party leaders, party leadership and donors sharing uncomfortably close relationships and engaging in unethical behaviour to benefit candidates those donors support (two DNC chairwomen were caught doing this in one election, for Heaven's sake), the list goes on, and on, and on.

That's a lot of smoke for there to be no fire, methinks. But maybe you need something even more solid.

Gathering into a coherent analysis a combination of government action and inaction, various groups' political support or opposition, and examining multiple theories of US politics, researchers at Princeton found evidence suggesting that the above sort of incentive structures and behaviours do translate into biases in favour of moneyed elites.



It's not a pretty picture. It's not a happy picture. But it's the picture. And the way to change it is to take serious steps toward advancing an anti-corruption agenda. Public funding of elections, preferentially ranked voting schemes, independent redistricting commissions, stricter penalties for the various sorts of corruption, stronger protections for whistle blowers, strong protection of public access to government records, that sort of thing. Beyond just institutions, the solution is things like journalists refusing to surrender their integrity for access to top level party and elected officials, news media outlets refusing to hire party officials as "political consultants", refusal of the general public to give ratings/clicks to news networks and journalists that continue to engage in shady practices and (perhaps far more importantly) letting those networks' advertisers know about it, and sustained public attention and activism against illicit activities conducted by public officials on their dime in their name. People interested in clean governance stepping up and posing primary challenges against corrupt officials, however strong, if only to raise awareness and to start dialogues is another crucially important element.
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17

Xxanthar wrote:


ran76 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

And if I offered an opinion or insight on it you would be complaining about that...

The point of this thread is to inform people that things are slowly improving in the USA thanks to Trump actually doing his job. Don't you agree it's nice to see large investments in the USA again with jobs being created instead of lost?


What's good for America is usually bad for liberals.


The truth is usually bad for conservatives. The decision to do this had nothing to do with Trump.


Because you say so? Businesses expand when they have a positive outlook on the future. That's the way it works.


What's this? More bad news for liberals!
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/09/alibaba-to-discuss-expansion-plans-with-trump-company-aims-to-create-1-million-us-jobs-over-the-next-5-years.html



Again, nothing to do with Trump since he wasn't even PotUS-elect at the time. Bringing up a different company does nothing to prove Trump is the reason for Fiat's decisions. That's like using Spiderman to prove Todd MacFarlane created Batman.

Humms 
11787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
Great, more vehicles.

Now how about that fancy stuff that actually makes the vehicle function, what was it again? Gasoline ?

Yeah, how's that doing right now? Putting more money in people's pockets I assume for no apparent reason. Funny how things work. Actually it's funny how people work.
mxdan 
10818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Xxanthar wrote:


mxdan wrote:


And the 8 years prior to that disproved your point rather well.

See where I'm going with this?


Not at all the, bush years were not bad until the last couple after the housing market collapsed, mainly because democrats forced banks to make risky loans so there could be more first time home buyers.

Everything the democrats touch turns into garbage, much like Obamacare.

See where I'm going with this?


Here's what I don't understand about you. I've read posts of yours in the past that admit to Bush being a bad president. You've openly said it on these boards. So you bring up the point that Democrats only do wrong. I show you that it is untrue and unamerican to think this way. You tell me that Obama proves your point (Also objectively untrue), I show you Bush who you've, again admitted to in prior posts as not being a great president either, and now suddenly because it doesn't fit your narrative you are advocating him as someone who fits your point of not being bad?

Do I need to go through all the good and bad Democrats and Republican presidents to prove this to you?

It's not that hard to understand dude.

Your point was a garbage one that has no grasp with reality. Democracy can only work when people from varying political points of view can discuss better outcomes. It's controlled intelligent arguments; not blind allegiance.

Is this really that hard to understand?
Posted 1/9/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Yeah, this is what I mean by my doubts of him actually stabilizing the job market. He's focusing more on blue-collar positions that don't require education; whereas, the majority of those having issues in the job market are educated with at least a bachelor's degree. Admitted, in such manufacturing locations - the blue-collar positions are the ones most required. I'm more so thinking in regard to stabilizing the job market altogether.


The Government is big enough.
Trump needs to get rid of unions in the public sector and fire many of these fat and lazy government employees and hire some decent workers who will actually work for their pay.




Xxanthar wrote:

See where I'm going with this?


Yes, I do. "I'm fixated on blaming one side of a political spectrum to the point of being oblivious to the fact that the side that I align with, politically, is contributing to the same issues I'm complaining about." is pretty much what you're saying in that discussion. Both Republicans and Democrats have damaged the US economy, job market, and the country as a whole over the past 30-50 years. Simply stating that one side is the "cause of all things" will just mean that we'll continue to go back and forth politically due to the political discord being at the tension it is in the past 4-5 years.


Oh there is plenty of blame to go around... I'm just tired of hearing about what Trump MAY do, while Obama spent 8 years destroying our healthcare system and doubling our already massive national debt. Democrats have focused on wealth redistribution (mainly into their own pockets) and kissing Big Tech's ass. Republicans have focused on the big corporations and kissing Big Oil's ass.

The average American is tired of being separated into various labeled groups on one side or the other. Now it's time to focus on the regular working slob, the entire basket of deplorables. Shit is going to get better for us, or there will be hell to pay next election as well.
Posted 1/9/17
Whatever happens to healthcare in these next four years, It should be MANDITORY that ALL government employees including the president use the new system, no exemptions for unions and various companies. You get what we get. I hope that Trump has the balls to do that.
21341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

rawratl wrote:




"Oh no whatever shall we do if he spreads hope for the future! It will hurt our narrative that the end is near and Trump is Hitler"


See you still didn't respond to him, you have nothing to dispute what he says so you throw out buzzwords and BS.

Some of us have jobs and lives so we can't spend all our time online posting long replies. Normally I do quick posts on mobile when I have free time. Can't do a decent reply in 5 minutes.
35283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Rujikin wrote:
The point of this thread is to inform people that things are slowly improving in the USA thanks to Trump actually doing his job. Don't you agree it's nice to see large investments in the USA again with jobs being created instead of lost?


So what you're telling us is that you didn't even actually read the very thing you posted. You just assumed it fit the narrative in your head.

Gotcha.



21341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
The point of this thread is to inform people that things are slowly improving in the USA thanks to Trump actually doing his job. Don't you agree it's nice to see large investments in the USA again with jobs being created instead of lost?


So what you're telling us is that you didn't even actually read the very thing you posted. You just assumed it fit the narrative in your head.

Gotcha.





Read it along with 2-3 other really good pieces of news. However you liberals seem intent on everything having a narrative or agenda. Tell me why can we not just have good news without having a narrative?
48260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17


Still the one guy whos response completely negates everything you are trying to imply in this thread is ignored and you continue to try to deflect onto me. Interesting job you must have that you have enough time to make 900 posts about Trump on an anime forum daily. I certainly don't have time when I'm working. Maybe I should switch careers.
mxdan 
10818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Rujikin wrote:


runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
The point of this thread is to inform people that things are slowly improving in the USA thanks to Trump actually doing his job. Don't you agree it's nice to see large investments in the USA again with jobs being created instead of lost?


So what you're telling us is that you didn't even actually read the very thing you posted. You just assumed it fit the narrative in your head.

Gotcha.





Read it along with 2-3 other really good pieces of news. However you liberals seem intent on everything having a narrative or agenda. Tell me why can we not just have good news without having a narrative?


Because literally anything that isnt of a far right agenda is considered 'liberal bias' to the base of the republican party these days.
qwueri 
19992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 1/9/17

BlueOni wrote:



I'm not quite sure why you quoted me for that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.