First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply With all the people who think the future isn't worth it.
Posted 1/9/17
11 more days until we enter Trumptopia. I can feel the surge of greatness building. I'm hoping that I can get a nice high paid job as a construction supervisor on the Great Trump Wall.
mxdan 
11210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17
I think automation is going to replace labor. We are gonna need to think about society differently when that does happen. Perhaps what we can do is a sort of automation tax to corporations that is cheaper then human labor but allows companies to license smarter machines that can do these skilled tasks. The money made from the tax can be used to give people in society a base salary for being a citizen. Freeing people up to pursue bigger avenues.

Thing is if we do this, I think people shouldn't get to just recieve without proving their usefulness. There is a debate that people with a lot of free time will only cause trouble. I tend to think that this isn't the case but the only way to really figure out the issue is to do it and see what happens.

---

As far as global warming goes what will more then likely happen is corporatists will combat it with their power until it can no longer be ignored (IE, changes in the food sector or movements within the country). Then the thing that usually gets humanity out of situations will do what it does best whilst completely being undermined and disrespected by a certain portion of our population; Science will bail us out. And then people will go on hypocritically enjoying the things made from the practice that they think is to a large degree worthless if it doesn't subscribe to their staunch and unrelenting beliefs.

There's been significant studies done on different processes we can enact in an emergency situation. Geoengineering is one such solution.

---

Lastly, population density issues will even out in the next 50 years. The countries with population issues are the ones who are either industrializing or are pre-industrialization. The population probably wont get over 15 billion people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348
1600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
I honestly don't care about the future, I'd rather focus on today. If something bad happens in the future, then something bad happens.
Posted 1/9/17
Gotta get through wars and corruption first. Maybe after that, it'll be alright.
Humms 
11983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
At the rate it's going, nothing will change.

War never changes.

The future is always bright for me, but for the rest of the world, being realistic, we are fucked.

That's all it is going to be, and that's all it ever was. Charge more, pay less, make more, give less, make more, pay more taxes, taxes do absolutely nothing, everyones in debt and will always be in debt. There will always be human trafficking, there will always be rape, famine, disease, slavery. Make the world a better place? You don't give a fuck, all you care about is buying new clothes and shoes, perfume and jewelry, eating out at fancy restaurants, but you deserve it for sitting on your ass 8 hours a day typing in repetitive codes that people will buy into creating the vicious circle of mindless drones that pay into the only profitable outlook on life.

And you wonder where are future is going? People forgetting how to read and write, how to share and love, how to think and act. Let's face it, all we care about is sitting on our ass getting behind our screens and laughing at the only little shred of humor we can find while having to wake up tomorrow with the same outlook with little to no difference of wanting to see a better world. Our bubble we are confined, we are machine.
19383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
The Present, is where the Future becomes REAL
Ejanss 
16829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Who thinks it is and has hope despite all the troubles the world has right now.

I see a bright future that is still possible a realistic one where there is still war and tragedy but we grow slowly over time.

A world where we can live longer then ever before.

Whats your view on the future.


My hormones and mood-swings have cooled down, and I don't go into self-martyring rages and Millennial-blame of previous generations anymore, or look hip and cool bragging about hoping to die before 30.

Having passed that, I now try to fix things instead, and find some can either be fixable, or manage to work themselves out nicely in the mass mainstream longrun anyway, after the problems end up making public fools of themselves and shooting their own feet.

Helps to grow up.
29743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Humms wrote:

At the rate it's going, nothing will change.

War never changes.

The future is always bright for me, but for the rest of the world, being realistic, we are fucked.

That's all it is going to be, and that's all it ever was. Charge more, pay less, make more, give less, make more, pay more taxes, taxes do absolutely nothing, everyones in debt and will always be in debt. There will always be human trafficking, there will always be rape, famine, disease, slavery. Make the world a better place? You don't give a fuck, all you care about is buying new clothes and shoes, perfume and jewelry, eating out at fancy restaurants, but you deserve it for sitting on your ass 8 hours a day typing in repetitive codes that people will buy into creating the vicious circle of mindless drones that pay into the only profitable outlook on life.

And you wonder where are future is going? People forgetting how to read and write, how to share and love, how to think and act. Let's face it, all we care about is sitting on our ass getting behind our screens and laughing at the only little shred of humor we can find while having to wake up tomorrow with the same outlook with little to no difference of wanting to see a better world. Our bubble we are confined, we are machine.



A very cynical view...I would rather be a little more realistic myself
29357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Пенсильвания, Рес...
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
I will be depressed with all of society until the anime for Sekirei returns and finishes.
Humms 
11983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Ryulightorb wrote:




A very cynical view...I would rather be a little more realistic myself



I've learned to take what you can get when you have the chance. You're only going to get older, so why not live life the way you want to.

We're always happy, but somewhat lonesome in this crazy world.
21921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

I see a bright future ahead. I hope my whole generation gets a nice helping of jobs and hope.


I hope the future generation gets a future without menial things such as jobs (in there current state) but thats just me.


There are many people that want menial jobs though. It baffles me but they seem to like simple things where they get decent pay.
1368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
Each day, i just aim to survive. i think that life will remain in good shape as long as i enjoy the little precious moments instead of getting wrapped up in the grand scheme of things
4455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
I have a hope that one day the whole human species will get its shit together and adopt Communism.

As impractical as it is, I still believe. I BELIEVE!
Posted 1/10/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

I see a bright future that is still possible a realistic one where there is still war and tragedy


What?
29743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

I see a bright future that is still possible a realistic one where there is still war and tragedy


What?



A bright future isn't necessarily one without war and tragedy.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.