Created by Ocale
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Have you ever been to a rave? If so, how was it?
6744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
I've never been one. I would not want to go to an American one. From what I hear, the ones in Europe have much more considerate people, and less acting like an absolute ass in comparison to American ones.

Raves make me assume there will be drugs involved. From what I've been told by some Europeans, the drug users tend to keep to themselves in their own section and do their thing there, because they understand not everyone wants to be around that stuff, but this may only be because these people go to raves that are for very niche genres. Popular music may not be so decent. Still, I'm not sure if I would want to be in the vicinity at all.

If anything, I would want to be the DJ. DJing is very fun for me, but realistically, I would be too nervous and would mess up a ton, and finding a group that actually wants the kind of music I wish to play would be nigh impossible to begin with. Also, DJing music that I do not like would ruin the fun for me, of course. It's better for me to stick to online radio shows.

Still, the idea of watching a crowd lose their minds to my own creative mixing while also enjoying it myself would be incredible.
Posted 1/9/17
Nope. No desire to go to one either, because there'd be too many people. I don't like dancing either.
Posted 1/9/17
No and I don't want to go to one.
llunga 
4171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17

I went to the same one every year for a couple of years but as you said Americans can't handle themselves. The last time I went is when they had to shut down the entire event because there was a fire and people trying to chant the police away. The best part is when they had several different rooms with different DJs. I've seen DJs play to an empty room with a smile on their face.
631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17
I've been to about 3 (in America) but it's nothing big like Coachella, EDC, Electric Zoo, Wonderland, or whatever. Personally, those raves are too crazy and tend to get out of control like llunga mentioned. Those big events also are more likely to carry drugs within the crowds since some acquaintances I know that went usually end up popping mollys.

The ones I go to have smaller crowds and are better maintained. It's better for me since:
1. I'm quite socially awkward.
2. I don't have the greatest moves and it makes me self-conscious.

If you plan on going, just make sure you pick whatever one has your favorite artists/DJ's performing at, bring friends, wear comfortable clothes, have fun and forget about everything else. :)

Edit: If you can, I suggest going to the ones in Europe. Everyone looks very accepting at the raves and it seems like people leave as a family. Not to mention, they have TOMORROWLAND. I'd love to attend at least once!
14091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/17
nope aint been in a rave evar
6744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 1/9/17 , edited 1/9/17

SoupReaper wrote:

If you plan on going, just make sure you pick whatever one has your favorite artists/DJ's performing at, bring friends, wear comfortable clothes, have fun and forget about everything else.


Yeah, if only the artists and DJs I liked were even in America to begin with or big enough to go on tours.

How disappointing.

I'm envious of people who like popular dance music.
631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Ocale wrote:


SoupReaper wrote:

If you plan on going, just make sure you pick whatever one has your favorite artists/DJ's performing at, bring friends, wear comfortable clothes, have fun and forget about everything else.


Yeah, if only the artists and DJs I liked were even in America to begin with or big enough to go on tours.

How disappointing.

I'm envious of people who like popular dance music.


There has to be at least one artist/DJ you like, even the slightest of, to try going to their concert. :o
Even if you don't, I'd just choose one you at least know some lyrics to so you can sing along or dance to for a bit.
Just so you'd get the experience; you can't dislike something you've never tried!

I don't even go to raves that feature popular DJ's, the ones I like just happen to have a fanbase large enough to barely tour. Just have to be on the lookout for tour dates!
6744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

SoupReaper wrote:


Ocale wrote:


SoupReaper wrote:

If you plan on going, just make sure you pick whatever one has your favorite artists/DJ's performing at, bring friends, wear comfortable clothes, have fun and forget about everything else.


Yeah, if only the artists and DJs I liked were even in America to begin with or big enough to go on tours.

How disappointing.

I'm envious of people who like popular dance music.


There has to be at least one artist/DJ you like, even the slightest of, to try going to their concert. :o
Even if you don't, I'd just choose one you at least know some lyrics to so you can sing along or dance to for a bit.
Just so you'd get the experience; you can't dislike something you've never tried!

I don't even go to raves that feature popular DJ's, the ones I like just happen to have a fanbase large enough to barely tour. Just have to be on the lookout for tour dates!


No, there really isn't anyone. Most of them aren't even popular enough to tour in their own country, let alone other ones. Many of them get maybe 2000 plays on their tracks on soundcloud. It's really depressing, because I'm not a hipster about it and wish they were actually popular so they could earn money they deserve and so more people can enjoy their stuff.

Most of it's not even in English. I could whine about this all day tbh. Just RIP.
631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/9/17

Ocale wrote:


SoupReaper wrote:


Ocale wrote:


SoupReaper wrote:

If you plan on going, just make sure you pick whatever one has your favorite artists/DJ's performing at, bring friends, wear comfortable clothes, have fun and forget about everything else.


Yeah, if only the artists and DJs I liked were even in America to begin with or big enough to go on tours.

How disappointing.

I'm envious of people who like popular dance music.


There has to be at least one artist/DJ you like, even the slightest of, to try going to their concert. :o
Even if you don't, I'd just choose one you at least know some lyrics to so you can sing along or dance to for a bit.
Just so you'd get the experience; you can't dislike something you've never tried!

I don't even go to raves that feature popular DJ's, the ones I like just happen to have a fanbase large enough to barely tour. Just have to be on the lookout for tour dates!


No, there really isn't anyone. Most of them aren't even popular enough to tour in their own country, let alone other ones. Many of them get maybe 2000 plays on their tracks on soundcloud. It's really depressing, because I'm not a hipster about it and wish they were actually popular so they could earn money they deserve and so more people can enjoy their stuff.

Most of it's not even in English. I could whine about this all day tbh. Just RIP.


Well that sucks. :l
I definitely understand that feeling though cause I have several artists who are "underground" and I'd love to see them live. Sadly, with such a small fanbase, I doubt it'd happen.
Out of curiosity, do you mind me asking what you listen to?
53387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
Nope, but I've been to a club and it was really fun. Idk about rave
4573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Akihibra
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
Yeah it fun and loud back in my younger days life sucks
549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
USA
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
There was a rave at an anime expo I went to once There was smoke machines, A Dj and tons of cosplayers. IT WAS AMAZING
Posted 1/10/17
No, and I don't want to go to one.
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
been to at least one with a chaperone of course. One in Denver couple years ago lots and lots of neon. Lots of illegal things that would not be wise to say online,I avoided that. Kick ass techno music, They played a lot from the 90's. Noticed they have more of a calm feeling to it than most do today.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.