Post Reply Guest Passes not long enough.
6015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
The guest pass you get for bieng a member is kinda useless.
It last 48 hours.
While if you just take a trial from your site. You get a whole week.

Our trial guest passes needs to be atleast a week long to be of any use.
Or longer if its going to be a special thing to be invited.


Thats just my feedback. Since i tell everyone i know to just take your trial.
Since my guest pass only last 48 hours instead of a whole week.

Trial=Usefull
Guestpass=Useless
Der Zoodirektor
26537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 1/10/17
So what exactly is the problem? You always have the choice of actually becoming a member or using the trial.
One Punch Mod
117877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/10/17

DarkCharmander wrote:

The guest pass you get for bieng a member is kinda useless.
It last 48 hours.
While if you just take a trial from your site. You get a whole week.

Our trial guest passes needs to be atleast a week long to be of any use.
Or longer if its going to be a special thing to be invited.


Thats just my feedback. Since i tell everyone i know to just take your trial.
Since my guest pass only last 48 hours instead of a whole week.

Trial=Usefull
Guestpass=Useless


A guest pass is useful for a couple of reasons, even though it's short:

1) You can use it without having to provide payment info or needing to cancel to avoid having an actual subscription kick in.
2) You can use it even if you tried a Crunchyroll subscription before.

Basically they are both strategies to give folks a taste of Crunchyroll, but there's a bit more flexibility with the smaller 48-hour nibbles.
6015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
Would that mean that i could just give my friend another 48 hour pass once the one he/she have runs out?
I though it was once and then they cant redeem another.
51847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/10/17

DarkCharmander wrote:

Would that mean that i could just give my friend another 48 hour pass once the one he/she have runs out?
I though it was once and then they cant redeem another.


Yes, I'm not sure of the exact limits, might have been 10 every 6 months or something like that, which a given user could redeem. But there shouldn't be any issue if you give your passes to one person (that you get every 30 days), so that would be only 12 or 13 a year unless they get others from other people

(It's the free trial that you can't repeat)
6015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
I have repeated the week trial on Crunchyroll 3 times though.

So it is repeatable.
Though only after you been a nonmember for some month's
108041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

DarkCharmander wrote:

I have repeated the week trial on Crunchyroll 3 times though.

So it is repeatable.
Though only after you been a nonmember for some month's

One of the staff mentioned that the trial flag was reset system-wide once in a while. That means if someone hit it just right, they could even have free trials separated by only a day. That of course, explains why that person gave no hint of the schedule that was done on.
Posted 1/11/17
Free stuff is free stuff.
You must be logged in to post.