First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply FBI intelligence suggests Trump may have been coordinating with Russia
18706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

WarlockBeta wrote:There's no actual evidence in the report. And it's mainly just backed by the CIA (white house lapdog).
Actually has less credibility than the Iraq WMD reports.


Actually, it seems the briefing was presented by the directors of the FBI, CIA, NSA and the DNI. The synopsis regarding the allegations was an addendum to a report regarding Russian interference in the elections, and is being investigated by the FBI.


namealreadytaken wrote:

political discussion in a nutshell:

CNN: "We're screwed because of Russia. Thanks, Trump"
a: that news is fake
b: no, your news is fake
a: no, your news is fake
...
...
(ad infinitum)


This is a brave new world of online journalism and cyber-warfare, unfortunately. I personally try to parse as much factual information from the various leading news sources to cut through the bias as much as possible, as well as avoid disreputable fake news sites altogether.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Russian astro-turfers have specifically made it a point to undercut the reputation of the larger news platforms, in an effort to legitimize misinformative propaganda and fake news sources.
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
When the hell did people become so trusting of Russia?
runec 
36265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/10/17

The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.


Do not want.

Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/10/17

octorockandroll wrote:

When the hell did people become so trusting of Russia?


When Trump made his bromance with Putin public.
Posted 1/10/17

octorockandroll wrote:

When the hell did people become so trusting of Russia?


Liberals used to love the Russians back when they were the soviet union. Then Reagan came in, ended the cold war, and liberals started hating them. I trust the Russians far more than the Saudis, whose ass was kissed by every president from Clinton on up.
mxdan 
11202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/10/17

octorockandroll wrote:

When the hell did people become so trusting of Russia?


Social collectivist ape brains working against us.


Do not want.


11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

prh99 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

When the hell did people become so trusting of Russia?


When Trump made his bromance with Putin public.


That would be some kompromat I wouldn't mind being released.
18706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
It seems that The Guardian is also separately corroborating the claims regarding Trump having been in communications with Russia, as well as the personally/financially compromising information:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts?CMP=twt_gu

The article mentions that last month John McCain handed reports to the FBI Director, James Comey, detailing findings that seem to tie Russia and Trump.

I think the most alarming information is that one of the mentioned reports dating back to June 2016 (around when the Brexit occurred), mentioned that "the Kremlin has been cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump for at least five years, with the aim of encouraging 'splits and divisions in western alliance'."

Considering some of the recent allegations about Russian interference in the Brexit vote, this certainly would put into perspective Trump's seemingly out-of-left-field support of Russia, as well as his disparaging positions on Western allies and commitments.

In any case, this is all fairly worrisome. I'm wondering what Trump's reaction will be --- I would think that if he doesn't outright lambast Russia for possessing this sort of information, it would make the situation all the more suspicious for him.
runec 
36265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/10/17

octorockandroll wrote:
That would be some kompromat I wouldn't mind being released.


Hey, at least now we know what Trump has in his hair that keeps it stuck like that.

Also, $10 says he makes the prostitute call herself "Ivanka".

>.>

11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

runec wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:
That would be some kompromat I wouldn't mind being released.


Hey, at least now we know what Trump has in his hair that keeps it stuck like that.

Also, $10 says he makes the prostitute call herself "Ivanka".

>.>



I mean it is a russian sounding name...
mxdan 
11202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

kilikikero wrote:

It seems that The Guardian is also separately corroborating the claims regarding Trump having been in communications with Russia, as well as the personally/financially compromising information:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts?CMP=twt_gu

The article mentions that last month John McCain handed reports to the FBI Director, James Comey, detailing findings that seem to tie Russia and Trump.

I think the most alarming information is that one of the mentioned reports dating back to June 2016 (around when the Brexit occurred), mentioned that "the Kremlin has been cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump for at least five years, with the aim of encouraging 'splits and divisions in western alliance'."

Considering some of the recent allegations about Russian interference in the Brexit vote, this certainly would put into perspective Trump's seemingly out-of-left-field support of Russia, as well as his disparaging positions on Western allies and commitments.

In any case, this is all fairly worrisome. I'm wondering what Trump's reaction will be --- I would think that if he doesn't outright lambast Russia for possessing this sort of information, it would make the situation all the more suspicious for him.


This is getting juicy. McCain of all people.

Dremux 
63895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/12/17
Yeah, I doubt anything CNN says anymore can be trusted to be true.
runec 
36265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

octorockandroll wrote:
I mean it is a russian sounding name...



According to Source D, where s/he had been present, Trump’s conduct in Moscow included hiring the Presidential suite of the Ritz Carlton Hotel, where he knew President and Mrs Obama had stayed on one of their official trips to Russia, and defiling the bed where they had slept by employing a number of prostitutes to perform a golden shower show in front of him.


This is going to go so much worse before it gets any better isn't it.

Trump is now screaming on Twitter in all caps too in response to the news reports. Which just lends more credence to this. ;p

11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

Dremux wrote:

Yeah, I doubt anything CNN says anymore can be trusted to be true.


Not sure what outlets you do trust but its not like this is just CNN.

The guardian, USA today, engadget, the independent and more outlets I don't care about are reporting on it.
21917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/12/17

Xxanthar wrote:

If Russia had compromising information on anyone, it would have been Hillary everything on her server.


I hell I have compromising information on Hillary. Anyone with the internet has that at this point.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.