First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Manga's Former Editor Arrested for Wife's Murder
50674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department arrested Chonhyon Park on charges of homicide on Tuesday. The 41-year-old Park is the assistant editor-in-chief of Kodansha's Morning magazine, and a former editor of Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga series.

According to the police's Criminal Investigation Division, Park allegedly strangled his wife, 38-year-old Kanako Park, to death in the early morning of August 9 last year at their Sendagi home in the Bunkyō ward of Tokyo. At around 2:45 a.m. that same morning, Park called emergency services and told them that when he arrived home, he had found his wife collapsed at the bottom of the stairs near the first floor entrance to their home. She was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

In a statement that Park made after the death of his wife, he claimed that his wife had killed herself, but an autopsy allegedly found signs of strangulation on Kanako's neck. The police report said that a video from a nearby security camera had no evidence that another person had entered the area. The entire family, including the wife and four children, were home at the time of the incident.

Kodansha issued a statement after the Tuesday arrest, saying that "[Park] maintains his innocence. We await the results of the investigation and are dealing with [this incident] with the utmost caution."

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-10/attack-on-titan-manga-former-editor-arrested-for-wife-murder/.110828
17710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 1/10/17 , edited 1/10/17
I knew that guy was crazy...........I mean the editor.....wait why do I care about he editor?
99 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United States
Offline
Posted 1/10/17
eerily creepy....
Posted 1/10/17
Was there a gash on the back of her neck?
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/10/17

HuastecoOtaku wrote:
In a statement that Park made after the death of his wife, he claimed that his wife had killed herself, but an autopsy allegedly found signs of strangulation on Kanako's neck. The police report said that a video from a nearby security camera had no evidence that another person had entered the area. The entire family, including the wife and four children, were home at the time of the incident.


How the hell does someone stupid enough to think people would buy that crap get an editorial position at one of the biggest manga publishers in the biz?
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/11/17
Why murder? Why didn't he do something normal, like tax evasion?
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17
Kinda surprising, but Attack on Titan really is full of bizarre, fascist politics. Not a political statement but moreso that the team behind it is probably crazy.
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

octorockandroll wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:
In a statement that Park made after the death of his wife, he claimed that his wife had killed herself, but an autopsy allegedly found signs of strangulation on Kanako's neck. The police report said that a video from a nearby security camera had no evidence that another person had entered the area. The entire family, including the wife and four children, were home at the time of the incident.


How the hell does someone stupid enough to think people would buy that crap get an editorial position at one of the biggest manga publishers in the biz?


So how old are the kids?
Posted 1/11/17

KennethKenstar wrote:

Kinda surprising, but Attack on Titan really is full of bizarre, fascist politics. Not a political statement but moreso that the team behind it is probably crazy.


Besides the mangaka personal views, that reasoning is a straw man argument.

This isn't Gate.
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

TwinBlast wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

Kinda surprising, but Attack on Titan really is full of bizarre, fascist politics. Not a political statement but moreso that the team behind it is probably crazy.


Besides the mangaka personal views, that reasoning is a straw man argument.

This isn't Gate.


What are you talking about it? There is no argument. Get out of here with your high school level debate bullshit.
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

KennethKenstar wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

Kinda surprising, but Attack on Titan really is full of bizarre, fascist politics. Not a political statement but moreso that the team behind it is probably crazy.


Besides the mangaka personal views, that reasoning is a straw man argument.

This isn't Gate.


What are you talking about it? There is no argument. Get out of here with your high school level debate bullshit.


Please use logic and explain why your right then? Please explain to me how a work of fiction represent someone true character.
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

TwinBlast wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

Kinda surprising, but Attack on Titan really is full of bizarre, fascist politics. Not a political statement but moreso that the team behind it is probably crazy.


Besides the mangaka personal views, that reasoning is a straw man argument.

This isn't Gate.


What are you talking about it? There is no argument. Get out of here with your high school level debate bullshit.


Please use logic and explain why your right then? Please explain to me how a work of fiction represent someone true character.


You want to know how writing can be a reflection of the writer?

I'm not your English teacher, fella. Go ask them.
Posted 1/11/17

KennethKenstar wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

Kinda surprising, but Attack on Titan really is full of bizarre, fascist politics. Not a political statement but moreso that the team behind it is probably crazy.


Besides the mangaka personal views, that reasoning is a straw man argument.

This isn't Gate.


What are you talking about it? There is no argument. Get out of here with your high school level debate bullshit.


Please use logic and explain why your right then? Please explain to me how a work of fiction represent someone true character.


You want to know how writing can be a reflection of the writer?

Stay in school and you'll find out, little feller. *pats you on the head*


So you are just a shit talker eh? Amusing but I suppose your entitle to your opinion.
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

TwinBlast wrote:

So you are just a shit talker eh? Amusing but I suppose your entitle to your opinion.


You are demanding me to explain things to do with no invitation to do so like I owe you an explanation. What did you expect? That I'd just jump into an argument about how writers write things?
Posted 1/11/17

KennethKenstar wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:

So you are just a shit talker eh? Amusing but I suppose your entitle to your opinion.


You are demanding me to explain things to do with no invitation to do so like I owe you an explanation. What did you expect? That I'd just jump into an argument about how writers write things?

Sure dude.

Keep going.


there was a point where you needed to stop and you clearly passed it but please keep going
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.