First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Trump's war on science continues
22264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 1/11/17

Xxanthar wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

It's nice to see so many liberals so concerned about how taxpayer money is spent for a change. Too bad you lost the election, maybe if your nominee showed that same concern, she would have won. So just sit back and strap yourselves in for the next 4 years, because it's going to be a rough ride for you guys.


I hold liberal beliefs and I do not support Clinton nor beholden to the Democrats. Give me a break.


I believe I said many liberals, not all. But, if the shoe fits...


You said many liberals care about monetary policy, but it is implied in your second sentence that all liberals apparently support or should Hillary Clinton. I am sorry if I misinterpreted your sentence.

It could also apply that any liberal who cared about such policy must support Hillary Clinton.
30158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnS-xJCG6i4&t=5s

Believe it or not, scientists are human and money corrupts.

It's probably less a war on science and more double checking that scientists aren't taking bribes and fudging their numbers.
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/11/17

SupersunZeratul wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnS-xJCG6i4&t=5s

Believe it or not, scientists are human and money corrupts.

It's probably less a war on science and more double checking that scientists aren't taking bribes and fudging their numbers.


Believe it or not but if we're going to throw accusations of corruption around, people are much more likely to believe the entire scientific community that reaches these consenses over Donald Trump.
mxdan 
10840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

Xxanthar wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

Trump Presidency: Children dying of easily preventable diseases


Obama Presidency: Bombing children and hospitals in Syria.
plus Doubling the national debt to $20 trillion dollars.



Someone brings up a point of discussion.

You can either: A)Engage it and disprove its legitimacy or B)Ignore it and bring up your own points. Option 'A' requires deduction, knowledge on the issues, diplomacy. Option 'B' requires you to have heard something that is vaguely related to the assumed importance of an issue but shows little to no understanding of the point. It is also adversarial in nature over diplomatic.

Option 'B' fixes nothing.
Option 'B' will never fix anything.
Option 'B' isn't a solution; it's a painkiller.

The deal is that I don't think you actually want to solve an issue. Anytime you bring up a point and we actually start to engage you disappear. Only to reappear again with another inflammatory remark that has little to do at all with the point that someone else brings up.

Which leads me to the conclusion that you aren't actually capable of proving actual legitimacy to your issues; you're simply just regurgitating things you have heard somewhere about them.

I honestly feel sorry for you. It's like a Breibart talking point list chart that you read off everyday. For the love of god man you're in a political 'K' hole...
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

octorockandroll wrote:


SupersunZeratul wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnS-xJCG6i4&t=5s

Believe it or not, scientists are human and money corrupts.

It's probably less a war on science and more double checking that scientists aren't taking bribes and fudging their numbers.


Believe it or not but if we're going to throw accusations of corruption around, people are much more likely to believe the entire scientific community that reaches these consenses over Donald Trump.


If it were the entire scientific community then it should not take the committee long to agree. Now if there are a bunch of scientists that disagree and were fired by the government, like some climate scientists have been. Science should not fear having to defending their work and proving their theories. Scientists are not some almighty gods that are not to have their research questioned.
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

Xxanthar wrote:Scientists are not some almighty gods that are not to their research questioned.



Okay. I never said they were, but alright.
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

mxdan wrote:



I honestly feel sorry for you. It's like a Breibart talking point list chart that you read off everyday. For the love of god man you're in a political 'K' hole...


It's called a comparison and I'll continue to make them In various discussions. You guys do it all the time with your Huffpo talking points.

Edit: when I 'disappear' it's called 'life'. As much as I'd love to argue US politics all day with Canadians and other assorted leftists, I have things that I have to accomplish every day in order to survive.
mxdan 
10840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/11/17

Xxanthar wrote:


mxdan wrote:



I honestly feel sorry for you. It's like a Breibart talking point list chart that you read off everyday. For the love of god man you're in a political 'K' hole...


It's called a comparison and I'll continue to make them In various discussions. You guys do it all the time with your Huffpo talking points.


I have always made an attempt to engage the issues you bring up and if it doesn't seem like that I apologize. The point of political talk should be to figure things out. It's not like we are the Dodgers and the Yankees... We are like an A and B squad of the same team. Simply fighting because you think your right and want to be right for the sake of competition is utterly useless.
Posted 1/11/17

mxdan wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


mxdan wrote:



I honestly feel sorry for you. It's like a Breibart talking point list chart that you read off everyday. For the love of god man you're in a political 'K' hole...


It's called a comparison and I'll continue to make them In various discussions. You guys do it all the time with your Huffpo talking points.


I have always made an attempt to engage the issues you bring up and if it doesn't seem like that I apologize. The point of political talk should be to figure things out. It's not like we are the Dodgers and the Yankees... We are like an A and B squad of the same team. Simply fighting because you think your right and want to be right for the sake of competition is utterly useless.


There is no more middle ground between the Left and Right. Obama burned that bridge long ago, maybe Trump can fix that.
mxdan 
10840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/14/17
[content removed by mod]
mxdan 
10840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/11/17

Xxanthar wrote:

There is no more middle ground between the Left and Right. Obama burned that bridge long ago, maybe Trump can fix that.


Oh, explain?
22264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

Xxanthar wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


SupersunZeratul wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnS-xJCG6i4&t=5s

Believe it or not, scientists are human and money corrupts.

It's probably less a war on science and more double checking that scientists aren't taking bribes and fudging their numbers.


Believe it or not but if we're going to throw accusations of corruption around, people are much more likely to believe the entire scientific community that reaches these consenses over Donald Trump.


If it were the entire scientific community then it should not take the committee long to agree. Now if there are a bunch of scientists that disagree and were fired by the government, like some climate scientists have been. Science should not fear having to defending their work and proving their theories. Scientists are not some almighty gods that are not to their research questioned.


Do we really want to trust a bunch of biased politicians to do unbiased research that they themselves do not understand? I still remember the 30 page report on what an asshole Edward Snowden apparently. In any case, the claim is thoroughly unfounded. Ignoring scientific consensus in lieu of advancing your own opinion on a subject you aren't interested in learning about is illogical. You are right, but you do not have the grounds to make a claim as you neither have proof and you are not a scientist interested in so. Where do we draw the line in this case?
Posted 1/11/17

mxdan wrote:


... You don't expect anyone to really believe that excuse, do you?


Is this like the 3rd time you called me a liar today? What is so hard to believe about not being able to spend all day patrolling the Crunchroll forums for posts to reply to? are you for real?
20757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/11/17
I been vaccinated like 20 times!!!! If autism is linked then I would know. ( INB4 insults on autism )
Posted 1/11/17

mxdan wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

There is no more middle ground between the Left and Right. Obama burned that bridge long ago, maybe Trump can fix that.


Oh, explain?


"Get to the back of the bus, you lost." -Oblamea
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.