Post Reply Current Premium Member wanting to try VRV.
58 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 1/11/17
Hi,

I have been a Crunchyroll member for a few months and saw that Crunchyroll is now on VRV. I was wondering if there was any discount to the package if you are already a member to some of the channels offered?

Is there also a way to link your current Crunchyroll account, or if I subscribed to the VRV package and canceled my current Crunchyroll, would I still be able to log on an use some of Crunchyroll's features on a PC? I thought I read that VRV package works like a premium subscription on here, but I don't know how it works.

I am just curious if it is worth moving over to that source.

Sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it.
Thanks
Otter Modder
51191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/11/17
It looks like at the current time, it isn't possible to link your Crunchyroll account to your VRV account, but it is a feature that they plan on adding some time soon (hopefully). When that is added if you pay for premium here is should carry over to there and vice versa, but for now they are totally separate.
59708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 1/11/17

Swanky_Tiger wrote:

Hi,

I have been a Crunchyroll member for a few months and saw that Crunchyroll is now on VRV. I was wondering if there was any discount to the package if you are already a member to some of the channels offered?

Is there also a way to link your current Crunchyroll account, or if I subscribed to the VRV package and canceled my current Crunchyroll, would I still be able to log on an use some of Crunchyroll's features on a PC? I thought I read that VRV package works like a premium subscription on here, but I don't know how it works.

I am just curious if it is worth moving over to that source.

Sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it.
Thanks


As a VRV subscriber, the biggest drawback is there's currently a delay between when things go live on CR, and when they're available on VRV. It's about 2-5 hours right now, but I believe they have plans to streamline that in the future.

So if watching the latest episodes as soon as they go live is very important to you, might be worth waiting.
15095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston, MA
Offline
Posted 1/11/17
Other than the delay on releases, is there any draw backs to canceling your account here and signing up for the VRV Combo Pack? Like will I lose the Manga and stuff? I'm already signed up for a few VRV channels and would like to link my CR account and upgrade to the combo pack but i've had this account for so long and enjoy the forums and manga.
49812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/11/17

mimihamburger wrote:

Other than the delay on releases, is there any draw backs to canceling your account here and signing up for the VRV Combo Pack? Like will I lose the Manga and stuff? I'm already signed up for a few VRV channels and would like to link my CR account and upgrade to the combo pack but i've had this account for so long and enjoy the forums and manga.


Currently it only plays on a couple of phone apps, not roku, and nothing in a web browser or even on any tablets, unless that very recently changed... The accounts aren't linked here (not yet, they say they are working on it), so you wouldn't get to read manga here right now, except for the latest chapter.
59708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 1/11/17 , edited 1/11/17

asharka wrote:


mimihamburger wrote:

Other than the delay on releases, is there any draw backs to canceling your account here and signing up for the VRV Combo Pack? Like will I lose the Manga and stuff? I'm already signed up for a few VRV channels and would like to link my CR account and upgrade to the combo pack but i've had this account for so long and enjoy the forums and manga.


Currently it only plays on a couple of phone apps, not roku, and nothing in a web browser or even on any tablets, unless that very recently changed... The accounts aren't linked here (not yet, they say they are working on it), so you wouldn't get to read manga here right now, except for the latest chapter.


For now: Android, iOS, Xbox One and PS4: https://vrv.co/get-vrv
58 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 1/15/17
Dang, that's good to know.

I've also noticed by using the app, for a few days now, that it doesn't have a whole lot of content.

I was excited to use the Funimation side so I could watch My Hero Academia, but it wasn't on there. There looks to be only about 20-30 shows per channel right now. There is some good stuff on there though. Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Space Dandy, Konosuba, FLCL, to name a few.

I'm just using the 7 day trial so there might be more content once you actually pay. I don't know for sure though.
59708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17

Swanky_Tiger wrote:

Dang, that's good to know.

I've also noticed by using the app, for a few days now, that it doesn't have a whole lot of content.

I was excited to use the Funimation side so I could watch My Hero Academia, but it wasn't on there. There looks to be only about 20-30 shows per channel right now. There is some good stuff on there though. Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Space Dandy, Konosuba, FLCL, to name a few.

I'm just using the 7 day trial so there might be more content once you actually pay. I don't know for sure though.


Not everything is listed on the channels, so it's worth doing a search if you don't immediately find something.

But I wasn't able to find My Hero Academia either, so maybe there's a odd contract stipulation that hasn't been worked out yet for that show.
You must be logged in to post.