First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Gunman shoots cop; passersby shoots, kills gunman
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/12/17 , edited 1/13/17
GOOD JOB, passerby!
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/17 , edited 1/13/17

BlackRose0607 wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

Remember, libs find it offensive and a crime when you try to defend yourself, loved ones or property, especially if you are a cop, white, a male, or some combination of those.


Democratic Liberal here and I actually commend that citizen for shooting that scumbag dead for shooting and beating up that cop. While I don't feel like all shooting incidents are justified, I certainly feel like this one was. And I believe that everyone has the right to defend and protect themselves, their loved ones or their property as long as it's justified.


Thank you. But I've had and seen different things. You can't really blame me for being so jaded.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/17 , edited 1/13/17

octorockandroll wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

Remember, libs find it offensive and a crime when you try to defend yourself, loved ones or property, especially if you are a cop, white, a male, or some combination of those.


Not a liberal but the knee-jerking morons on here tell me that I am whenever I disagree with them so may as well roll with it. I do not, nor do I know anyone else who fits into what you're describing.


I can show you tons of videos to show you otherwise that there is actually truth to what I'm saying. As I told another person who quoted me, "You can't blame me for being so jaded." Plus, I've had personal experiences that prove to me what I said.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/17 , edited 1/13/17

official-shinsengumi wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

Remember, libs find it offensive and a crime when you try to defend yourself, loved ones or property, especially if you are a cop, white, a male, or some combination of those.


Another lib here, just sayin that its fine to protect yourself. its not offensive lol



I've just had some bad personal experiences that tell me a different story. I've seen news stories where someone defends themselves and shoots a thug, and they try to make it seem as if the defender was the villain rather than the victim, which they were. There's a lot of stuff that upsets me regarding this kinda stuff.
667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Good Guy Passerby
29083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
and....who cares?
36229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 1/13/17

johnnymcool wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

Remember, libs find it offensive and a crime when you try to defend yourself, loved ones or property, especially if you are a cop, white, a male, or some combination of those.


Democratic Liberal here and I actually commend that citizen for shooting that scumbag dead for shooting and beating up that cop. While I don't feel like all shooting incidents are justified, I certainly feel like this one was. And I believe that everyone has the right to defend and protect themselves, their loved ones or their property as long as it's justified.


Thank you. But I've had and seen different things. You can't really blame me for being so jaded.


Yes, actually, I can blame you for being so jaded. Not everyone is the same, or thinks exactly like everyone else in their political party. So it's wrong to lump everyone from one group together and think that they all believe the same thing. Everyone is an individual and has different perspectives on things, like you having a different perspective on this incident. All I'm saying is that maybe you should be open to different perspectives and then you might learn something new.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

BlackRose0607 wrote:

Yes, actually, I can blame you for being so jaded. Not everyone is the same, or thinks exactly like everyone else in their political party. So it's wrong to lump everyone from one group together and think that they all believe the same thing. Everyone is an individual and has different perspectives on things, like you having a different perspective on this incident. All I'm saying is that maybe you should be open to different perspectives and then you might learn something new.


Well, that's sorta my point, in a very non direct way I guess. As for the generalizations, I find that to be a tricky thing. Yes, on some level I agree that it can be bad, but on the other side of the coin, generalizations exist for a reason. They just don't pop out of thin air. As I said to someone else on here, as well as to octorocknroll, I have had DIRECT personal experience with what I was talking about, plus all the videos on youtube where a person defends themselves from a criminal, and the news reports and the dead criminals family defend the criminals. There are a ton of videos like that on youtube, so yeah, you may be one of the rare liberals who don't condone that kinda of bizarro logic, but a crap load of them do, and that's why I'm not a big fan of them to say the least. I can really go on about this for a very long time, but I think I'll leave it at this for now. So no, you can't blame me. If you want the short version, try being a white male, or Oriental person in the Bronx, or some other very liberal place, and live there for thirteen years or more. You'll see.
28172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Americano's are at it again
11928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/14/17
two people are dead, shot to death, how is that good news?
11411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

johnnymcool wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

Remember, libs find it offensive and a crime when you try to defend yourself, loved ones or property, especially if you are a cop, white, a male, or some combination of those.


Not a liberal but the knee-jerking morons on here tell me that I am whenever I disagree with them so may as well roll with it. I do not, nor do I know anyone else who fits into what you're describing.


I can show you tons of videos to show you otherwise that there is actually truth to what I'm saying. As I told another person who quoted me, "You can't blame me for being so jaded." Plus, I've had personal experiences that prove to me what I said.


https://youtu.be/lxFxRXCG73M?t=3s
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Ghostxi wrote:

two people are dead, shot to death, how is that good news?


The officer survived though? Unless you mean the auto accident.
Nothing of value was lost with the ambusher.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
36229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 1/13/17

johnnymcool wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

Yes, actually, I can blame you for being so jaded. Not everyone is the same, or thinks exactly like everyone else in their political party. So it's wrong to lump everyone from one group together and think that they all believe the same thing. Everyone is an individual and has different perspectives on things, like you having a different perspective on this incident. All I'm saying is that maybe you should be open to different perspectives and then you might learn something new.


Well, that's sorta my point, in a very non direct way I guess. As for the generalizations, I find that to be a tricky thing. Yes, on some level I agree that it can be bad, but on the other side of the coin, generalizations exist for a reason. They just don't pop out of thin air. As I said to someone else on here, as well as to octorocknroll, I have had DIRECT personal experience with what I was talking about, plus all the videos on youtube where a person defends themselves from a criminal, and the news reports and the dead criminals family defend the criminals. There are a ton of videos like that on youtube, so yeah, you may be one of the rare liberals who don't condone that kinda of bizarro logic, but a crap load of them do, and that's why I'm not a big fan of them to say the least. I can really go on about this for a very long time, but I think I'll leave it at this for now. So no, you can't blame me. If you want the short version, try being a white male, or Oriental person in the Bronx, or some other very liberal place, and live there for thirteen years or more. You'll see.


All I was saying was not to make generalizations about everyone in a group that they all think alike, because that's not the case, on both sides of the political spectrum either from what I've seen here on the forums. And there's been a lot of that in the past four months or so because of the US Presidential Election. I'm not the only Democrat/Liberal that thinks that way either, as evidenced by a few people's posts after my first one to you. They may not have quoted you, but they agreed with my thinking. I can't blame you for feeling that way with your own personal experiences, but please don't follow YouTube and the commenters on those videos there as an example to form an opinion, form your own on the subject. If you're going to follow everyone else's thinking about that because of what you see and read in all those videos, then yes, I can blame you for being jaded as you're just following the crowd instead of thinking for yourself. And while I don't live in the big city, at least not big by New York City standards, I do live in Vermont, a very Liberal state, and have my whole life. However, most of the people around here don't have the view of using a gun to defend yourself as a bad thing. So no, not all Liberal places are the same.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

BlackRose0607 wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

Yes, actually, I can blame you for being so jaded. Not everyone is the same, or thinks exactly like everyone else in their political party. So it's wrong to lump everyone from one group together and think that they all believe the same thing. Everyone is an individual and has different perspectives on things, like you having a different perspective on this incident. All I'm saying is that maybe you should be open to different perspectives and then you might learn something new.


Well, that's sorta my point, in a very non direct way I guess. As for the generalizations, I find that to be a tricky thing. Yes, on some level I agree that it can be bad, but on the other side of the coin, generalizations exist for a reason. They just don't pop out of thin air. As I said to someone else on here, as well as to octorocknroll, I have had DIRECT personal experience with what I was talking about, plus all the videos on youtube where a person defends themselves from a criminal, and the news reports and the dead criminals family defend the criminals. There are a ton of videos like that on youtube, so yeah, you may be one of the rare liberals who don't condone that kinda of bizarro logic, but a crap load of them do, and that's why I'm not a big fan of them to say the least. I can really go on about this for a very long time, but I think I'll leave it at this for now. So no, you can't blame me. If you want the short version, try being a white male, or Oriental person in the Bronx, or some other very liberal place, and live there for thirteen years or more. You'll see.


All I was saying was not to make generalizations about everyone in a group that they all think alike, because that's not the case, on both sides of the political spectrum either from what I've seen here on the forums. And there's been a lot of that in the past four months or so because of the US Presidential Election. I'm not the only Democrat/Liberal that thinks that way either, as evidenced by a few people's posts after my first one to you. They may not have quoted you, but they agreed with my thinking. I can't blame you for feeling that way with your own personal experiences, but please don't follow YouTube and the commenters on those videos there as an example to form an opinion, form your own on the subject. If you're going to follow everyone else's thinking about that because of what you see and read in all those videos, then yes, I can blame you for being jaded as you're just following the crowd instead of thinking for yourself. And while I don't live in the big city, at least not big by New York City standards, I do live in Vermont, a very Liberal state, and have my whole life. However, most of the people around here don't have the view of using a gun to defend yourself as a bad thing. So no, not all Liberal places are the same.


When I was talking about the youtube video thing, I meant actual video footage of crimes and news reports where the dead criminals parents were trying to make the victim seem like the bad guy. Those things are actual facts, not opinions. The funny thing is, from my viewpoint, people from the left are following the crowd, by letting the opinions of groups like buzz feed, celebs, msnbc, cnn, mtv and what not think for them, rather than take a much broader, less biased view.

I've never been to Vermont, but I get the feeling it's MUCH different than New York. In conclusion, my opinions are based on things I've personally experienced and actual hard evidence of things that actually happened, NOT opinions of others. Again, if you think what I'm saying is purely based on opinions, you can test that out by living in The Bronx as a non black, non hispanic person for thirteen years or more, go to school there for that time, and you'll see for yourself.

But anyways, I get your point about the generalizations as well, though there still is a degree, a grain of truth about a generalization. A generalization just means it general, NOT all, hence GENERALization.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.